Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Never say: It can't get any worse ❯ Why do I get all the dense ones? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru stared at the girl who'd bumped into him and was slightly amused when he heard her say, "Hello Lord Sesshomaru. What brings you here?" she laughed nervously.

'Inu Yasha's wench . . . . . hhhmmm that dance she did in the field . . . I think I've just found the main entertainment for the Lords meeting.' He thought then grinned at the human, not knowing how evil he looked at the moment.

'Oh quadruple shit.' Kagome thought taking a small step backwards. "A heh heh, well since you seem so busy and all I think I'll just go now. See ya." She laughed nervously backing away from him. A clawed hand reached out and grabbed the girl's wrist. 'No words to express how deep in shit I'm in.'

"I am going to take you to my palace and I need something to entertain my guests." He stated patiently.

"Wait a minute! What do you mean by 'entertain'?" she squeaked.

Sesshomaru almost smiled at her discomfort, "No I do not mean it that way. No one will lay a finger on you unless you want it."

Kagome looked at him warily, "Then what do you mean by 'entertain'?" Her eyes widened, "Oh hell no! I'm NOT doing that dance in front of . . . whoever your guests are!" she snapped.

The demon lord's eyes hardened, "I didn't ask for your opinion." He hauled over his shoulder and ignored her futile screams and kicks. He used some of his powers to make the miko fall asleep then summoned his red cloud. They flew a few miles away and landed in a clearing where he was amused to find Jaken being sat upon by Ah-Un.* Rin was placing garlands of flowers on the dragon's twin head, the dragon heads reached out and nuzzled the little girl. "Rin."

"Sesshomaru-samma!!!" Rin cried ecstatically. She ran over to her favorite demon lord beaming, "I made this for you!!! Put it on! Put it on!!" she said as she held out a garland of soft petaled blossoms. The taiyoukai placed on his head with a silent sigh, he was getting too damn soft. "Why is oneesan on your shoulder?"

The demon lord blinked. Did she just call the woman oneesan? "You know her?"

Rin nodded vigorously, "Rin - I play with her and Shippo when you and the stupid half pint moronic hanyou are fighting."

Sesshomaru was barely able to hide his surprise. The miko and Rin played with each other when he and his half brother are basically fighting to the death? He was definitely gonna question the woman on this. "Come Rin. We're going home." He said curtly placing the miko on the dragon. Rin hopped on beside her and the dragon began following its master home, oh and Jaken was following behind.

*********

Kagome blinked as sunlight greeted her eyes. She closed her eyes again and sat up rubbing them, she was sitting on something hard . . . and moving! Her eyes snapped open and she looked at her surroundings warily. The teenager was on top of a two headed dragon with Rin asleep beside her, the frog thing that followed Sesshomaru around was behind them and speaking of the devil there he was in the lead. Kagome sighed then muttered, "Not to self: Kill Ayumi, Eri and Yuka for making up the dance. Second note to self: Torture them first for making the costumes. Third note to self: Kill Sesshomaru - somehow."

"I heard that human." The demon lord said not even turning his head.

"Well duh!" she grumbled. Rin stirred beside her, the little gril sat up and rubbed her eyes, "Hello sunshine." Kagome said pleasantly.

Rin looked up at her oneesan with a big smile, "Oneesan is awake!! Ri - I'm glad you're coming back to home with us! Now I'll have a playmate!" she said gleefully. "Is Shippo coming too?"

Kagome smiled sadly, "No. I'm afraid not." She sighed her shoulders drooping, "My poor little kit. He won't even know I'm gone until about two days pass. I hope Inu Yasha doesn't beat up Shippo too much. What am I saying?! He's Inu Yasha! Of course he'll beat around my poor little defenseless big-mouthed kit! Oh!" she groaned and buried her face in her hands.

"He's probably not that bad." Rin said comfortingly patting Kagome's back.

The teenager chuckled, "Rin, Inu Yasha is every mother's worse nightmare in every sense!"

Sesshomaru mentally nodded at that statement. He so totally agreed with that wise and thoughtful allegation.

Kagome swung her bag into her lap then started digging through it she pulled out a giant sized Crunch bar and peeled off the wrapper. "Want some chocolate?" she handed Rin a piece and popped one into his own mouth.

Rin took a bite and grinned eating up the rest. "Yummy! May I have some more please?" she asked giving her her best puppy pout. Kagome giggled and gave the girl a bigger piece, which Rin promptly started nibbling on.

Kagome jumped off the dragon and began walking beside Jaken, "Would you like some chocolate?" she offered a piece to the toad thing.

Jakan turned away with a hmph saying he'd rather drop dead. Kagome smiled and shoved the piece into his hand before walking off again. Jaken looked at the piece and sniffed at it then making sure no one was looking he quickly popped it into his mouth.

The teenager walked up beside Sesshomaru and offered him a piece with a smile. The demon lord looked ahead without turning but asked, "Why are you offering it to me? Do you not remember that I took you against your will?"

Kagome shrugged, "Well there really isn't anything I can do about it. Yes you did take me against my will, yes I am a prisoner, but I also have common sense and my mother always taught me to be optimistic and to share chocolate . . . . . There's a good side to everything and there are a couple of good sides to this I can see. One, I got to finally meet Ah-Un. Two, I get to spend time with Rin. Three, I have an audience I can perform before and that'll probably give me more confidence in myself when I perform it with my friends, well depending on the type of criticism I get. And four, I can spend some time relaxing a bit without Inu Yasha annoying me with his constant, "Come on you stupid wench! Feh humans are so damn slow!"." She imitated Inu Yasha perfectly. "Especially since you cut off his prayer beads."

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow then took the piece still held out to him, "What do you mean about the prayer beads?" he sniffed at the chocolate carefully when Kagome looked down.

"The prayer beads allow me some control over Inu Yasha." She said after a while, "All I have to do is say 'sit' and he smashes head first into the ground. Unfortunately you cut them off so now I have absolutely no way of controlling him, so now whenever he gets mad I can't instantly smash him to the ground meaning I'll have so much more to worry about." She sighed, then muttered, "Life used to be so much simpler back before I fell into the stupid bone eater's well."

Sesshomaru was about to ask what she was talking about but she had hopped back into Ah-Un's back. 'Bone Eater's well? What does she mean?" He looked at the piece of chocolate that was melting in his hand then popped it into his mouth chewing it. 'It tastes crunchy, sweet and of Kagome.' He swallowed it, then brought his fingers to his mouth to lick off the melted bits. He hadn't done that since he was five, Sesshomaru mused, but then again he'd never had chocolate before.

Meanwhile Kagome gave the remaining bits to Rin and began delving into her bag once again. She pulled out two more giant sized Crunch bars and unwrapped them both, "Ah-Un. Want some?" she asked the dragon heads while holding the two pieces out to them.

Ah turned and sniffed at a piece then licked at it, Un just took the piece in its mouth tossed it into the air and let it drop into its mouth. Un chewed then swallowed, the dragonhead then proceeded to lick off the melted pieces on Kagome's hand while she protested on how much it tickled. Ah barked out something that sounded like a laugh ate its piece and mirrored the other head's movements, "You two are horrible!!!" Kagome laughed. Un nuzzled the teen's stomach, she yelped then growled, "I take that back. Evil! That's what you two are! Evil incarnates of the devil! Eek!" she cried out when Un started licking her legs and Ah her neck. Kagome scooted back beside Rin.

Rin looked up at Kagome with a big smiled, "Ah-Un wants to mate with you!"

Kagome fell off the dragon her eyes just mere pinpoints. She sat on her butt and opened her mouth but the dragon came bounding over to her. Kagome scooted backwards like a crab while Ah-Un kept coming closer. She bumped into a tree trunk and yelped when Ah-Un's faces came close to her own. "Now now Ah-Un! Errr . . . . . you wouldn't want me for a mate!" she said sweat dropping, "I'm all skin and bones, I'm not a dragon, heck I already have a boyfriend! Why do all the dense ones have to like me?" she said thinking about gullible Hojou, clueless Kouga and naïve and thickheaded Inu Yasha.

"Ah-Un. Enough." Sesshomaru said from where he had stood watching the scene unfold amused. He would never have thought that his dragon would have a taste for human flesh - Kagome's flesh.

Ah-Un looked torn between obeying and the human. But Sesshomaru gave him stern look. Heads drooping the dragon lumbered off leaving Kagome leaning against the tree to catch her breath. "You sure have a way with dragons." Jaken's dry voice commented.

Kagome stood up and dusted herself off, "I will not dignify that statement with a retort." She said striding behind the dragon. She whispered a soft thanks to Sesshomaru knowing indefinitely that he heard.

She walked the rest of the time they didn't stop until high noon for lunch. Kagome asked Rin to fetch her bag for her because she was still slightly afraid of Ah-Un. She made some Ramen and served them up. Ah-Un had disappeared for the time so Kagome served up the meal for them. Rin ate hurriedly, Jaken ate suspiciously and Sesshomaru didn't even eat at all. Kagome stirred around the noodles in her bowl, she wasn't really hungry.

"Are you going to eat that?" Rin asked leaning over and giving her best puppy-pout.

Kagome laughed then surrendered up her food, which Rin promptly fell upon like a starved savage. The miko looked up distantly at the mountains with a smile. She unconsciously closed her eyes.

~ "Hey bro!" I cried out racing toward him happily.

My seven-year-old brother turned around at the sound of his name with an impish grin, "Last one to mom is a rotten egg!" He cried with a wave of his hand then ran off farther from my reach toward our awaiting mother, who stood still as a rock in front of the backdoor with an ever present smile gracing her elegant mien.

I laughed at the challenge then sped up faster, I jumped up into the air and with supple grace did a three flips before landing in front of my mother and bowed low. My brother skidded up beside me and bowed as well.

Mother laughed. "You two . . . what am I going to do with you both?" She chuckled.

We both straightened with grin. I looked across at him and smirked, "I win." I declared unnecessarily.

He stuck his tongue out, "You're older! You have longer legs!" He said accusingly.

"But you're a speed demon!" I replied with a smirk.

The boy puffed out his chest proudly, "Of course. When I'm older I wanna have a race and then we'll see who's the rotten egg!"~

"Kagome!"

The miko shook her head clearing her head of the jumbled thoughts in her head.

"Kagome!?" Rin called out again.

The said girl looked down at the small figure looking up in concern at her. "Yes Rin?"

"Are you okay? You just . . . sat there with a weird look on your face."

"Oh . . . I think I just had a dream . . . "

"While you're awake? I thought you only had dreams when asleep."

Kagome nodded and looked thoughtfully at the young girl beside her. "I know. Funny thing is I can't remember what I dreamt about."

Rin tugged on the older girl's sleeve to get her attention. When Kagome looked over at her once more she said. "Is there anymore Ramen?"

*********

* Ah-Un went to fetch Rin, if you're wondering how she got there so fast.