Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Never say: It can't get any worse ❯ I dub thee Atsume. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inu Yasha sulked sadly as he walked toward the large palace that belonged to his brother. No Kagome. She wasn't anywhere, yet her scent ended at the well, how could that be?

Miroku placed a hand on the hanyou's shoulder, "Do not worry Inu Yasha. Lady Kagome may turn up yet."

The hanyou glared at the monk, "And what if she doesn't turn up?! What if she's dead?! Huh?! I need Kagome!" He snapped.

"I do believe that's the closest you've come yet to admitting your love for her." Sango observed with a grin.

"No! I. . . I didn't mean that way. I . . . I . . . I need her because . . . she's my shard detector!" He stuttered.

Sango and Miroku shared knowing looks. Kirara gave a depressed little Shippo a small reassuring nudge. The little kitsune gave it a halfhearted smile, "I'm okay." He said unenthusiastically.

The taijiya sighed, "Come find us soon Kagome." She whispered.

Inu Yasha looked up sullenly having heard the demon exterminator's words, "I hope you're doing okay wherever you are."

*********

I watched the seemingly endless stream of flying carriages, flying carpets, flying horses and etc. landing at the front of the palace in amazement. About two hundred or so youkai were coming to the lords meeting from all over the world, some even from makai, the demon world. Rin and I were outside in a meadow not far from the palace making flower jewellery. I suggested that we go there so that we wouldn't get in the way of the youkai arrivals.

"Nee-chan. What flower is this called? I forgot." Rin asked tugging on the sleeve of my white haori.

I diverted my attention back to Rin with a smile, "It's called, forget-me-not."

Rin giggled, "This time I won't forget!" she said with a grin. She proceeded to weave the blue flower into her choker coll - erm flower necklace for Jaken . . . *cough*

I chuckled brushing away some dirt on my black hakama. I didn't feel like wearing some fancy smanchy kimono Fluffy (I only refer to Sesshomaru as 'Fluffy' mentally or when I feel he deserves to be annoyed) always insisted I wear because they were more . . . 'feminine'. Right. Hhhhmmmm maybe he's sexist . . . . . who knows?

Rin, so pure, honest, unspoiled by the worst of human nature and innocent. At times I find myself wondering for hours on end why? Why did Fluffy take her in? Why did he allow a small girl - a human no less - to follow him around like a puppy? The world may never know. Just then I felt it, eyes, Northwest, edge of the meadow. I could tell it was youkai, a powerful one. I couldn't tell the species nor gender or anything else, just that whomever was watching, waiting and didn't feel baby blue or pink or yellow.

I know you think it's weird that I can 'feel' colours, but I can. I can't really explain it, it's just that I know pink means anger, baby blue means homicidal feelings and yellow means menacing feelings. I'm talking about one's aura, not many people know this but I can feel a person's aura, an aura relates to the mood a person and/or overall personality. Example, right now Rin has a blackish-red aura, meaning she's happy but a bit sad. I don't see the aura, I feel the aura and for some reason I relate what I feel with colours. And many of the colours I feel is contrary to what they really portray, example green, to me, actually means indecisiveness not envy. White is sorrow, black is happiness, grey is amused, cerise is death and etc. No one but grandpa, Shippo, Sango and Buyo (=^..^= Mreow. He walked in when grandpa and me were talking about it ^^') know this and only they know that I started feeling colours until about a week ago.

Anyway. The youkai is just observing, his aura feels grey and silver and violet (Violet means curious and silver . . . I don't know - he just feels silvery so I'll just leave it be at that for the moment.) My arrows are slung over my shoulder and my bow is right beside me, so no worries. For now.

"Nee-chan! Lookie!" Rin exclaimed. She was done with her jewellery and had proceeded with drawing with crayons.

I broke into a wide fake grin. I was very greatly disturbed.

In the picture Fluffy killing a bunch of humans, Jaken, Ah-Un and Rin were in the back with Rin who appeared to be cheering him on to killing. The artistic perspective, shadowing, and over all drawing was amazing, she drew with the accuracy of an adult professional artist. Yet the graphic bloody nature . . . was too well drawn. What particularly disturbed me were the carefully drawn intestines being slowly drawn out of a man by a starving malnourished dog. Another thing was the human with long poles shoved up through his posterior and through his heads. It didn't take a psychologist to see she had some problems.

"The artistic quality is amazing!" I gushed, "Shadowing, the perspective, the. . the over all drawing is something I would only expect an adult could draw!" True enough. I didn't tell her that I secretly wondered if she was the devil's incarnate's daughter who had an angel for a mother. (Little Nicky the movie. You know the one with the devil's son who doesn't know he's half angel and has to try and capture his brothers into this bottle because they're in the mortal realm. You know Reese Witherspoon and Adam Sandler, at least I think that was the guy's name. Souta and I found the ending with the bat head biting off thing with Osbourne funny, heh I have a strange sense of humour. ^^)

Good thing too. She gave me the biggest most heart-melting smile I ever saw and her aura felt so black! I felt my heart melt, geez that smile could melt Naraku's heart! Hhhmmm . . . Rin as a weapon . . . interesting.

Okay now I'm annoyed. Youkai dude has been hanging back and watching us for a long time. Time to switch location and see if he's following.

"Hey Rin. Wanna go over to the beach? We can go play with Alpha and Centari." I suggested. The little charmer nodded happily. We gathered our stuff together and walked hand-in-hand toward the beach. Alpha is a common seal and Centari is a bottled nosed dolphin. Since it was summer and really warm this time of the year I thought ahead to packing up Rin's yukata.

The whole way there the youkai followed us. Talk about bad manners! Sheesh the guy could at least give us an intro. When we got there I fished around in my yellow bag for her yukata. (For all that don't know, yukatas are thin kimonos used during sunny weather, sleeping or bathing. Think of them as feudal Japan's swimsuits.)I brought them out, pulled Rin into some thick bushes praying whoever wasn't a pervert and changed her into them. I take my shoes off, then Rin practically dragged me over to the water.

Rin jumped into the water and paddled out to sea whistling a few notes. Pretty soon a joyous whistle and bark answers her and Alpha swims out. Centari, being the show off she is jumps up from the water doing a flip. I couldn't help but smile, Centari had brought her pod with her to play with the small girl and seal. Soon enough they're all playing around and I can't help but laugh at their antics. Neither can the youkai apparently since his aura was flaring with amusement.

"Dophins are just like children - even the adults of the group." I said pleasantly to no one in particular, ahem. "They're great playmates for children wouldn't you say?" The youkai felt uncertain, uncomfortable and surprised. Hhhmmm . . . whoever isn't coming out. Fine don't be polite! Neither will I. "It's really rude to stalk people and then not introduce yourself." I dropped the pleasantness from my voice. "Now get out here, didn't your momma teach you any manners at all?"

I feel a flare of amusement. Yup he's coming out.

He's right beside me when he says, "She did. She also taught me not to talk to strangers." He said with a silky voice.

I look beside me and what do I see? A really hot kitsune youkai with sliver grey hair, amber eyes, decked out in white. He has really nice muscles, he's tall, slightly tanned, and has . . . . gasp! EARS!!! Bigger ears than Inu Yasha! And they look SO furry and soft! I want to pet them! No . . . control! I can't just go around petting strange youkais' ears - not matter how furry they look!! How big they look! How soft they look. Ergh! Curse it! My one weakness and it had to be furry ears! Curse whatever god up there created such ears to begin with! One of the ears flicked! Ergh! Sadistic mocking ears! Must . . . control . . . urge . . . ears . . . too . . . tempting . . . must . . . re . . . sist . . .

Damn.

I grabbed them. Sure I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach 'em but it was SO worth it. I think. But then again thinking is overrated. Aaahh so soft, like silk, and velvety . . . oh . . . time to let go . . . now! No NOW! Ergh! My hands won't obey me! This would've been amusing, had it not been happening to me. After a while longer - I managed to yank my hands away. I bow down then smile up sheepishly at his amused face, "I'm really sorry." I clear my throat. "My one real weakness are cute ears." I said with a sigh. His aura feels all . . . amused and arrogantly satisfied with his superior maleness. Well that's how I interpret it.

His mouth quirks into this sexy half-smile. "I don't mind." He purrs. Wait, he's flickering. Silver, red, silver, red. Okay. I've seen weirder. Note to self: Ask him why he flickers.

I shouldn't have told him he had cute ears. Now he's becoming all smug about his masculinity. Pah! Men go figure. "Right. So what do I call you?"

"What do you want to call me?" He asks amusedly. Great a nickname session! He's flickering again.

"Hhhmmm. . . I'd call you Fluffy, but you're lucky I've already dubbed someone else with that nickname. I'll just call you Silver till you tell me your real name." I answer.

"NEE-CHAN!" A childish voice shouts.

"YEAH?!" I shout back. She want's the beach balls.

"BEACH BALLS PLEASE!!!???" Rin shouted back hopefully. I'm so smart.

"I'LL SEND YOU TWO!!!" I unsling my satchel then pull out three brightly coloured deflated plastic beach balls, one had the traditional rainbow colours, one had ponies, and the other one had small cute red foxes dancing around. I hand the one with the rainbow pattern over to Silver and ask him to kindly inflate it. I'm surprised when he actually starts inflating it right. Hhhhmmm . . . . . he's flickering again. So I start inflating the pony ball, he finishes before me and caps the hole. How'd he know he was supposed to do that? Interesting. Soon I'm done blowing up that ball and then do the other one. I'm now done with both balls and am ready to give them over to Rin to play with. Is it just me or did that sound perverted? Egh, waaaaay too much Miroku influence.

I walk over to the edge of the water, toss the ball straight up and hit it over near where Rin is swimming. Silver does the same. Rin waved her thanks then went back to her fun. Ah to be a carefree child again. I hold onto the fox pattern ball like a lifeline. I've had the ball since I was five I can't recall where I got it from though.

"So what do I call you?" Silver asks after a while. The water splashes over our bare feet.

"What do you want to call me?" I reply methodically. I look up to see him grinning in amusement at me.

"Hhhmmm . . . . . " he circles around me slowly taking me in. I stand there, I'm just humouring him. Omigosh, he has a tail! And a nice ass from what I can see. Wooooow! Bad Kagome! He circles me twice, I can tell that he's trying to undress me with his eyes, evil! Evil I tell you! Thank the gods I'm wearing baggy clothing. "I dub thee Atsume." He says. I suddenly get goosebumps running down my arms. I don't know why though. He stops in front of me with a frown, "Do you not like the name?" he must've sensed my discomfort.

"No, I mean yes. I mean, I like the name." I say with a small smile. I go over to the dry sandy part of the beach, sit down and start tossing the ball up and down. Silver follows the suit and sits watching the tide come in. "It's obvious why I called you Silver, but why'd you call me Atsume?" Atsume means Rain. I catch the ball and hug it I love this ball.

"I called you Atsume because . . . . . you smell like fresh rain." He said, he frowns, "I don't really know why. Atsume just suits you."

I nodded clutching the ball to me.

~My one and a half-year-old brother sat in my lap as we watched 'The Lion King' for the first time. "Ka'ome." He said.

I looked down and ruffled his hair with a smile.

"Sowwy."

I bent down and kissed his forehead.

He looked down sadly. "Mah fauw. I shoulz've wisenez." - My fault. I should've listened. -

I hugged him to my small frame carefully. What can I say? I loved the little guy even if he was a stubborn boy.

He looked up again and patted my cheek gently with worried eyebrows. "I'm iz gonna sake skare os yous fom mow zon." - I'm gonna take care of you from now on -

I nodded silently then pointed back at the screen. We then watched the movie in total silence.~

"Nee-chan!"

I was startled out of my dream; I shook my head trying to remember what I dreamt about in the first place. Rin called for me again so I looked at her with a smile. "You want to go back to the palace?" I asked patiently. She was dripping wet and I was still confused about what I dreamt

Rin gives my one of her best grins. I smile back, somehow, Rin always knows when I'm down. Curious. Maybe she can feel colours too. I'll have to ask her at a later time. We deflated the balls stuffed them back into my bag, go into the bushes once more where we quickly change her. I fast dry her hair then tied it up in her usual hairstyle and I slip on my shoes. We went back to the beach to see if he wanted to come with us. At the last moment it occurred to me that he could be one of the demons here for the meeting. When we get there three more people have joined Silver.

One of them is dressed in black with spiky black hair, and reddish eyes he felt silvery-white. Oh now I know! Silver means withdrawn - meaning he's hiding something like good ol' Silver. For some strange reason . . . he feels familiar. The guy wasn't a youkai yet not a human, I know that, and he had a Jagan eye. Grandpa was talking about Jaganshi and their Jagan eyes the last time he decided to lecture me, damn I wasn't paying attention! I guess I should listen to grandpa more. One of the others had slicked back hair with tendrils poking over his forehead, he had a brownish black eyes and was wearing a pine green kimono. He looked like an anti-hero sort of guy and he felt maroon - just like an anit-hero. He was human - yet he felt very powerful too. The last guy wasn't the most attractive guy I've ever seen. He had weird orange hair, small black eyes and wore a blue kimono. He was the weakest of the group yet more powerful than a human, and he was lemon lime meaning cocky, right now he was nervous.

I smiled. "Your entourage?" I joked.

Silver gives me a small smile. "My . . . friend and our personal servants. This is Lord of the Eastern Lands in Makai, Hiei." He said gesturing to the guy with spiky hair. "And that is his servant, Yusuke." He nodded over to the guy with slicked back hair. "And this is my servant Kuwabara. Entourage, this is Atsume and little Rin."

This guy was very interestingly questionable. "You're probably the only important youkai that I know of whom introduces his friend's and his own manservant." I said with a small smile.

"Ah yes. They are like . . . . . family to us." Silver said smoothly. I felt Hiei's irritation. Now why would he feel irritated? Hhhhmmm, he either didn't want anyone knowing he liked Yusuke like family. Or Silver was lying.

I smiled. They were up to something; I could feel it in my bones. "I know what you mean. Are you and Hiei here for the meeting at the Western Lord's palace?" I asked.

Silver nodded. "We are going there. Are you a servant at the palace?"

I felt my mouth twitch as I say, "You could say that." He gave me a puzzled look, but Rin and I were already walking back to the palace. They follow. Rin bounced back over to the foursome behind and started talking a mile a second, asking questions and such. I was afraid she'd forget how to breathe when she started describing how much fun the palace was. Interestingly enough she wasn't talking about Sesshomaru for once. I shrugged - Rin was still breathing.

*********

The ningen, Atsume, was very interesting. I could feel that she had power, but I didn't know how much. Rin was a very talkative child, but she would probably die of air loss if she didn't pause to breathe. It always amazed me how long children could go without breathing. We arrived at the palace without incident, Atsume and Rin quickly headed off to another direction before I could say farewell, so we headed to the front entrance.

[Atsume. must've been especially eager to leave your company.] Suuichi mused.

{ Atsume. Was most likely needed elsewhere at the moment.} I ground out.

/Fox./ Hiei joined in on our little mental talk. /Did you notice the strong energy she had?/

I nodded. [Far stronger than Kuwabara's as far as I can tell, she may yet be stronger than Yusuke with the right training. Hell, probably stronger than both of us.] I responded.

/I tried to read her mind, but my mind was nearly charred when I tried to. She must be hiding something. Either that or she has mind blocks there unintentionally./ Hiei withdrew from our mind conversation leaving me to ponder who exactly was this Rain. She was stranger now then I thought her before. Especially since she brought out those plastic balls. Curious.

Koenma sent us, the infamous Reikai Tantei, on this mission a few days ago. He instructed us to go back into the Sedgoku Jidai using a time portal Botan made and take the place of the two lords from Makai, Lord Youko of the Northern lands and Lord Hiei of the Eastern Lands. (I still remember Lord Hiei, the pheonix youkai, he was such a pain in the ass always pulling pranks that one was. Well at least they have the same name, and a good thing that no one, except for me, knows what type of yokai Hiei was or what he looked like, I speak of the bird one.) It wasn't much of a problem for me since I am that same Youko (I bet you didn't see that one coming!), yet Hiei is a bit uneasy with the part of the lord. Yusuke and Kuwabara are out 'servants'. The mission is to locate and bring back the Black Eternity Necklace. The necklace supposedly has a mysterious power, unknown but dangerous nonetheless. Koenma believes that it's located here and that a certain youkai has it, which would probably be impossible, since no one can handle the jewel. At least that was how it was translated from the scriptures and texts anyway. So that's why we're here in the past at the moment. I don't mind one bit, I missed the fresh air, the serene landscape, the singing birds, the almost noiseless surroundings and the simple villages without the pollution.

Our 'entourage' as Atsume put it, fell into the receiving line. Sesshomaru was at the front stoic as always calmly receiving the numerous guests and getting very flirtatious looks from some women. I felt very sorry for him, one of the most dangerous beings in the world were calculating match-making women. I inwardly shuddered, they're pure evil trust me. I know because I have several fan clubs - I swear on my name that they sneak into my room and take my underwear! Under oath I swear!

[If women are sending him flirtatious looks then you are most likely also on the women's list of eligible bachelors.] Suuichi observed.

I sighed. {Yes sadly. Well at least Hiei will have to suffer some trauma.}

/I heard that fox./

[You really should ask before you read someone's mind.] Suuichi scolded.

{Be quiet. We're next.}

Our group bowed low before the mighty taiyoukai of the western lands of Japan. Hiei and I straighten up while Yusuke and Kuwabara keep them selves low. "Sesshomaru." I said.

Sesshomaru nodded. "Youko. Hiei."

"Hn." Hiei responded. Why am I not surprised?

"I hope your travel here was not unpleasant." He said icily.

I nodded. "Of course."

"A servant shall show you to your quarters. Your servants may sleep with you or in the servant's hall. Good evening. I will see you later at the meeting." He said.

Our troupe entered into the palace and we were lead to our chambers. We all adjourned to my room and closed the door. Yusuke was the first to speak. "Did you guys feel Atsume's power?"

We all nodded. "I wonder how powerful she really is." Kuwabara wondered. "She's really beautiful though, but not as angelic as my Yukina!" he exclaimed.

Hiei narrowed his eyes dangerously at the mention of his sister. He never did see what her sister saw in Kuwabara. I believe his exact words were, "Why the hell would Yukina be even remotely attracted to that monstrosity?! Thank kami he were a demon he'd probably be a jorkawu!" And I couldn't help but agree.

Someone knocked on our door. "Enter." I commanded stoically. A lowly youkai entered stating that Hiei's and my presence were being requested in the meeting room at the moment. I nodded and he left. I instructed for Yusuke and Kuwabara to go around and inconspicuously ask about the necklace we were after, I especially expressed that part about being unobtrusive with heavy emphasis. It was already suspicious enough that Hiei and I had human servants - especially me - and I didn't want to be any more questionable than absolutely necessary. However I had doubts that Yusuke or Kuwabara could do this knowing how . . . . . uh . . . . . straightforward and irrational they were. Oh well it can't be helped, it would be even more conspicuous were Hiei or I to ask the servants.

*********

"Oh, isn't that Inu Yasha guy cute?"

"But he's a half demon."

"I heard that Sesshomaru has a human ward that he keeps around."

Inu Yasha sat rigidly beside his brother on his pillow thing reminding himself that he couldn't exactly kill him - yet. The hanyou looked down at the shiny wooden surface of the round table all the cardinal lords and ladies were sitting around. 'I should be out there looking for Kagome, not here. Here in the enemy's den!' He thought mentally, but he voiced his growl. However the din of yattering voices drowned it out. Lord Kouga of the Eastern Lands of Japan was there, sitting right across from his love rival. Inu Yasha just narrowly managed to avoid being questioned on the whereabouts of Kagome by a certain wolf youkai. The lords and ladies were dressed up in the fashion of their own countries.

"You look more pissed off than usual, Inu Yasha. What ails you?" Sesshomaru queried offhandedly. He knew perfectly well that his dear half-brother was worried about a certain miko he had in his possession.

"Shuddaup!" The hanyou growled pissed off.

At that moment Lord Youko and Lord Hiei entered taking the remaining free seats on the left of Inu Yasha. Sesshomaru opened his mouth but was cut off when the doors slammed open. A female black neko youkai came charging in her eyes blood shot, her pupils mere black dots, her chest heaving, kimono in disarray, and hair askew. She was trembling. Sesshomaru raised a delicate eyebrow. "Hitaki should you not be watching the children?" he said haughtily.

The disheveled youkai nursemaid screeched, "I quit! Those children are horrid little monsters! I QUIT!!!" she turned around and stomped out of the room shaking uncontrollably.

Kouga shook his head sadly, "The meeting has just barely begun and already we have to look for replacement nursemaids." He said lazily.

"Jaken." Sesshomaru called. The toad rushed up to the youkai's side bowing deeply. "Get someone to be the new nursemaid. And bring the children in here. Now."

"No need." A small voice called out in a singsong voice. A small lion youkai cub stood in the doorway with a bunch of other youkai children behind him. "We're here. And we're ready to make the next nursemaid cry!" he said arrogantly. The other kids nodded in agreement.

"Lynus. He reminds of you when we were kids at our first Meeting, Sesshomaru." A lady youkai said with a laugh.

Sesshomaru scoffed, "I just really didn't like Ayota. Jaken go." He ordered. The toady thing bowed low and left but not before the lion cub tripped him.

The children came streaming in there were at least thirty in all, most of the other lords left their children at home. Shippo was one of the thirty, he walked over to Inu Yasha in a sulk, the kitsune dropped down and just sat next to the hanyou. Inu Yasha looked over at the kitsune and sighed. "You miss Kagome?"

Shippo nodded sulkily. His lower lip trembled but Inu Yasha didn't notice. "Don't be such a sissy! The stupid girl just probably go lost for a while then finally found her way back to the well. Then she probably went to the village and the villagers most likely told her that we came here and that we wouldn't be able to go shard hunting for a while so now she's probably home studying and what not."

"Wh . . . what . . . if . . . if she did . . . didn't . . . m . . . ma . . . make it?" Shippo sniffled.

"If she didn't make it she's probably . . . dead." Inu Yasha said quietly. He didn't like that picture he didn't want to think of Kagome as gone. He never even told her how he felt about her. Damn it he should've told her.

That last word got Shippo tearing up. "MOMMYISDEAD!!MOMMYISDEAD!!WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!IDON'TWANTMYMOMMYTOBE DEAD!!!I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!" Shippo wailed pathetically. He continued screaming for his mother whilst Inu Yasha tried claming him down. Well actually he just shouted for him to shut his 'gods damned' mouth or he'd slap him to death just so that he could join his parents, making Shippo cry louder for his Kagome. (Inu Yasha would make such a great father ne?) The nice mothers present glared hard at the hanyou and moved over to the little youkai all of them doing their best to try and comfort him.

"Oh dear calm down!"

"Sssh . . . . . there there little one."

"Dog-turd! What the hell did you do to my woman!?" (Guess who.)

"Your mommy is probably just fine! I bet she's out there looking for you right now!"

"NO SHE ISN'T!!! INU YASHA SAID SHE WAS DEAD!!!" Shippo wailed.

All the demons present glared at the hanyou in unison, hell even Sesshomaru and Hiei did. The said hanyou glared at the small kit, "I didn't say that! I just said that if Kagome didn't make it to the well then she's probably dead! Meaning there's a fifty/fifty percent chance that she's alive and lost somewhere!"

Shippo immediately stopped and stared at the halfling with wide eyes, "What if a demon has her right now and raping her something! MOMMY!!!!!" He cried out with tears streaming down her face.

"Inu Yasha!" Lady Saro of the Southern lands in the South Americas scolded wagging her finger. "How could you say such a terrible thing to him! I know your father taught you better than that!" she growled. She was a white owl youkai in her human form with white hair, black eyes and white skin that looked old and wrinkled - even if she was a youkai.

"Hmph." The hanyou glowered. "Why does everyone take the brat's side?!" he muttered.

"We take his side because he is younger! He doesn't understand! And you. How old are you? What ninety nine?! Almost one hundred! You're almost one hundred and you're picking on the poor boy that can't find his mother! Shame on you Inu Yasha!" Lady Saro admonished.

Inu Yasha sputtered, "But . . . but . . . Sesshomaru is ALWAYS trying to get my sword, the Tetsusaiga! And he tries to KILL me for it!!"

The white owl youkai got up and towered over the Lord, "Sesshomaru! Shame on you! Trying to kill your own brother."

"Half-brother." Sesshomaru grumbled under his breath. Damn Inu Yasha! He knew that Lady Saro was the only one in the whole world who could make him feel ashamed of himself.

"Sesshomaru." Saro said in a disapproving voice. "How could you be so cruel." She said sternly. Inu Yasha smirked, Sesshomaru was in for it now! "How could try to hurt your own flesh and blood? Hm?! Answer young man! No don't. Listen Sesshomaru. I will not tolerate any of this foolishness. You should be grateful to have a sibling that shares your blood. But no as usual you're ungrateful and being selfish!"

"But-"

"Sesshomaru go to your room!"

Everyone, except Shippo, snickered behind their hands and quickly turned to coughs when he glared at them. "Lady Saro. I am - "

"I know you're an adult! However I find that you act more like a selfish brat! Trying to kill your own brother over a stupid sword! Didn't your father give you a sword? Hm? Be happy with what you have!" she scolded.

Sesshomaru opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by a shout. "SHIPPO!"

Shippo stopped crying pushed himself away from all the mothers and raced into the outstretched arms of his surrogate mother. "MOMMY!!!" he jumped into her arms and hugged her tightly around the neck. "I thought you were dead!" he wailed before crying again. To Youko's surprise Atsume, whom he was pretty sure was Kagome, was dressed in an expensive looking sky blue kimono with white puffy clouds on it, he thought she was just a servant. The youkai there were extremely surprised to find see that the little kitsune's mother was a human no less. The fact a human would adopt and demon was unheard of - until now.

"Ssshhh . . . there there baby. I'm not dead. Where on earth did you get such a ridiculous notion?" Kagome cooed gently. Sniffing the small youkai relayed everything. When the kitsune was done Kagome glared viciously at Inu Yasha. "Inu Yasha you moron! Why the bloody did you tell Shippo I was dead?! Did I slam you to the ground one to many times? Is that it? You're losing bits of your brain or something?!" she snapped harshly. It was a complete surprise to hear those words come out of the human for those who didn't know the relationship between the hanyou and the human. Particularly since Inu Yasha was known as a hotheaded egotistical hanyou who couldn't stand being insulted by anyone especially by a human. For those who don't know, demon gossip travels all over the world through the use of giant birds known as rocs. Only demons and humans with supernatural powers could see rocs any others couldn't.

"Shut up wench! I didn't tell the stupid brat that you were dead! He just assumed it!" He yelled back.

"My ass! Give me Tetsusaiga!" Kagome growled.

Inu Yasha took a step back and placed a protective hand on the sword. "What? No!"

Kagome glared. "Inu. Yasha. Give. Me. MY. Sword." She said dangerously.

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow, her sword?

The hanyou scowled, he untied the sheath of the sword and after a long hesitation tentatively held out the sword. With a hmph Kagome stomped up and grabbed the sword, she turned then walked over to Sesshomaru and dropped the sword before him. "The sword now temporarily belongs to you until I want it back." She said haughtily. "You can hold it without any problem." She said.

Sesshomaru took the sword and was surprised that he wasn't shocked. "Why and how?"

Shippo had fallen asleep without a sound and Kagome carefully positioned the kitsune into a more comfortable position. Kagome shrugged. "Why? Because it'll piss of Inu Yasha. How? If you mean how did I come to own, then its because I won her during a poker game. If you mean how as in how come you aren't getting electrocuted at the moment it's because only the owner of the sword may chose who could handle the sword. When you first took the sword without getting your butt burnt off was because Inu Yasha didn't know. And he didn't know until now."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" Inu Yasha shouted.

"Because you never asked!" Kagome snapped. "And besides I didn't know until after I won her from you!"

"I'm planning on winning it back!"

"SHE isn't an it! Tetsusaiga happens to she."

"Impossible!"

"Tetsusaiga was meant to be handled by a woman! That's why your father made it! For your mother! The Tetsusaiga was made only for a human woman to wield! The only problem was that your mother didn't know how to use the Tetsusaiga so she gave her full consent to allow your father to brandish it for her! Moreover the Tetsusaiga only let you use her because I allowed you too you thick headed moron! Unconsciously!"

"WHY?! BECAUSE YOU PITIED ME OR SOMETHING?!" he shouted angrily. He hated it when people pitied him.

"NO! Because I didn't want Sesshomaru to kill you!" She shouted back, "Dammit! He would've killed you if I hadn't allowed you to use the fucking sword! Are you happy?!" she fumed furiously.

"That's it? Because you didn't want me to die?" Inu Yasha said quietly.

Kagome snorted. "Why else moron?" Kagome looked up at the ceiling and sighed in frustration.

"Kagome." Sesshomaru said.

"What?" The miko snapped back irritably.

"Would you mind looking for Jaken? I sent him a while ago to find someone who'd look after the children and he isn't back yet."

Kagome sweat dropped. "I'm sure he's just hanging around. Meanwhile I'll look after the kids." She said hastily. "Come on kids. If you behave I'll teach you guys a song that is guaranteed to annoy anyone." She said marching out of the room with a bunch of excited children buzzing around her. The kids were so excited that they didn't even notice the squirming small green imp of a youkai sticking to the ceiling.

__________________

I didn't really spell or grammar check that so sorry. I know that wasn't funny, but it'll get better soon. And yes it was kinda rushed.

THIS CHAPTER WAS REREVISED ON : 02/17/2004