Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Resurrection II ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Resurrection II
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Flashbacks
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Kagome stood twenty feet away from the Western Lord, and she gave new meaning to the expression grinning like a fox. Her ear twitched as she watched his stoic figure just stand still. She could hear his charge Rin not more the two hundred feet away. Bowing she made sure not to take her eyes off of him. He still wore the same outfit with the same length hair and markings. Except their was one difference in his attire. Tucked within his yellow obi there was a tessen, a familiar one mind you. Grinning from ear to ear the plan began to form within her mind.
 
Sesshoumaru showed no signs of annoyance, or better yet nothing. Kagome sighed and made sure to keep eye contact. The wind blew and sent his hair to the left and she knew she would have to talk first. Her keen eyesight picked up a delicate movement of the nose.
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama, I have come with an offer,” Kagome softly spoke knowing he would hear. His eyebrow raised and his gaze seemed to be studying.
 
“Your scent is that of Inuyasha's woman…yet you have youkai blood in you. I can smell no mark and it is enough blood to not make you a hanyou,” Sesshoumaru calmly said to her.
 
“I am not Inuyasha's woman. I am Kagome Higurashi, former Miko of the Shikon no Tama,” Kagome introduced proudly.
 
“Former, did the hanyou become a true youkai?” Sesshoumaru asked with little emotion.
 
“No, I have freed the souls without a wish, but this is not what I have come to discuss,” Kagome cut off, deciding she didn't want to waste her time with another story.
 
“Answer me this and I'll hear your offer,” Sesshoumaru began, “Why are you youkai?”
 
“I am not youkai and I am not human, I am the reason why hanyous are to be hated,” Kagome vaguely answered. Sesshoumaru frowned slightly at the answer.
 
“That is not an answer I will accept,” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
“That is the only answer I have, besides claiming that I am a youkai-human. My blood is…that of what a pure youkai and human would become if joined,” Kagome tried to explain.
 
“Very well, state your business,” Sesshoumaru ordered.
 
We have all lost something in the battle with Naraku,” Kagome began.
 
“I have lost nothing,” Sesshoumaru claimed. Kagome's eyes strayed to the tessen tucked in his obi.
 
“I ask you for Kagura's tessen,” Kagome revealed what she wanted. Sesshoumaru reached into his obi and pulled out the tessen. He opened it and studied the red and blue marking of the white paper fan.
 
“What will I get in return?” He inquired.
 
“I will return to you Kagura,” Kagome spoke with a smile as her tail swished.
 
“What makes you believe that I want the woman? I could carry the fan as a prize,” Sesshoumaru claimed with stern look.
 
“If you use your Tenseiga to bring back Kagura I will restore your arm,” Kagome offered hoping he would take it. She was absolutely sure that Sesshoumaru had some type of feelings for the wind sorceress. He appeared to be in thought before he spoke.
 
“Tenseiga was not willing to bring her back before…what makes you believe it is willing now?” Sesshoumaru questioned.
 
“If I fail to bring her back, I will still restore your arm as an act of good faith,” Kagome offered again.
 
“Very well, but know this. You will be dead before any act of betrayal,” Sesshoumaru warned.
 
`Inuyoukai, they all seem to have trust issues with humans…how ironic,' Kagome thought.
 
“When are you able to perform?” Kagome asked with a slight smirk.
 
“Whenever you are ready,” Sesshoumaru bit back as he turned and walked away.
 
Kagome smirked and followed him back to the field Rin was in. She was chasing Jaken around with a flower crown. She immediately stopped and ran over to meet Sesshoumaru. He nodded at her and she attached herself to his leg. Kagome smiled at this and noticed Jaken picking off petals from his outfit. She felt sorry for the kappa youkai. He turned to face her and his black eyes narrowed. Kagome merely waived at him.
 
“What are you doing here?” Jaken asked.
 
“That is for your lord to know,” Kagome softly said back.
 
“Jaken,” Sesshoumaru called out.
 
“Yes, my lord,” Jaken dutifully answered.
 
“Take Rin back to the castle and wait,” he ordered. Rin nodded and jumped on Ah-Un and Jaken grudgingly followed.
 
“Cute girl,” Kagome commented.
 
Sesshoumaru waited until they were out of view before he asked, “How do you plan to raise Kagura?”
 
“You Tenseiga can revive the recently dead, it can also send those straight to the underworld with a crescent energy attack, so my theory is it can revive a soul,” Kagome explained.
 
“That is a good theory, but it is only a theory,” Sesshoumaru claimed.
 
“I believe that Kagura couldn't be healed, because she had no body to begin with, she was apart of Naraku-” Kagome theorized, “-but since Naraku is gone her soul is fully free to have its own body.”
 
“And her soul?”
 
“I have enough ki to draw it back with the Tenseiga,” Kagome assured. “The dead crave the life, they want to live again.”
 
Kagome sat down and motioned for him to sit. He unsheathed the Tenseiga and placed it in between them and sat himself. Kagome held out her hand and he placed the Tessen within her reach. She could feel Kagura's aura on the tessen, which was a good sign. It proved she had a strong will to live. Kagome opened the tessen and placed it atop the Tenseiga. Holding her hands above the items she searched for that blue aura Tenseiga carried. She couldn't find it; it was like the sword was dead.
 
“Please touch the Tenseiga,” Kagome politely insisted. Sesshoumaru laid his only hand on the handle and she instantly found it.
 
She could see the thin barrier to the other world. The bluish aura covered her spiritual form as she passed that barrier. The guardians dared not touch her with the Tenseiga present. Walking into the barrier she could feel all the souls there that were in a waiting period. It seemed like they were all being taught a lesson on their life. Kagome held out her hand and millions of white hitodama surround her. She pulled what aura was left of Kagura's from the tessen and into the palm of her hand. Kagome snickered at the fact her aura seemed to be a pink, not black like Naraku's.
 
“Kagura,” Kagome called out, “Come to me.”
 
Her dark blue eyes watched as the hitodama cleared away and went back to mindlessly floating. One of the hitodama floated around the aura and formed a shape. The black short hair was almost a clear white, the red eyes no longer held the life; it was like she was mist. Kagura raised her eyes to the dark blue ones and stared in confusion.
 
“Is he dead?” Kagura whispered, her voice sounding like a whisper on the wind.
 
“He is dead,” Kagome assured. Kagome could see her spirit relax at the news.
 
“Why are you here, Kagome?” Kagura asked.
 
“I came to offer you life,” Kagome stated with a soft smile. The spirit's eyes widened in brief surprise.
 
“You joke?” Kagura asked, not wanting to be disappointed.
 
“No, I am positive that I can bring you back,” Kagome, confirmed.
 
“What do want?” She questioned the intentions of the Miko.
 
“I just need you to travel with me and know where your loyalties are,” Kagome spoke.
 
“My loyalties can lay with you as long as you don't use me as a slave,” Kagura affirmed.
 
“You will be your own,” Kagome assured.
 
Kagura reached out and took the woman's hand in a rare moment of trust. The faded room the barrier. Sesshoumaru's eyes slightly widened as the Miko awoke. He didn't see any soul present. He was right to think the Miko weak. The wind began to pick up and Kagome poured as much Miko and life ki as she could into the sword. A faint outline of a woman began to form. The tessen pulsed as it gave the spirit the remaining aura. The Tenseiga pulsed to life as Sesshoumaru picked it up. He stared at the outline before he stood and brought the sword down.
 
The earth began to loosen as the wind molded the dust into a form. Kagome watched as the flesh was formed around the spirit. She could hear the heart began to beat and the blood flow. Watching in amazement the chest began to rise in steady breathing. Sesshoumaru stared at the woman as her eyes slowly opened. The crimson eyes opened and the once dull orbs filled with life. Quickly sitting up she began to cough, gasping for air. She clutched the grass and felt the wind on her skin as she sat there nude. She began to laugh in true happiness before she covered herself with her arms.
 
Kagome felt faint, but she reached out and grabbed the tip of Tenseiga. Sesshoumaru raised a brow as held the handle. Kagome pushed what was left of her energy into the sword. She used the sword as a conductor as it pulsed one last time for the night. Sesshoumaru moved his new arm and Kagome smiled before she promptly passed out. She fell to her side and everything went dark.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: