Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Crystal Moonlight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crystal Moonlight
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Kagome stood still in the moonlight. She was tense, nervous, and excited. Her temperature rose making the cool breeze seem like a chill. Running her hands through her hair, she met her fox ears and shivered. She felt the muscle in her ear twitch as the warmth engulfed her. Dropping to her hands and knees, she grunted in mild pain. Pulling her shirt off her body in hopes of cooling herself, she had nothing but her pants and bra on. Growling in frustration, she ripped the bra from her body and rubbed herself against the cool grass.
 
Turning her gaze, she watched her stomach begin to twist. The skin tightened and muscles became more defined. Her nails turned to claws that tore the ground as she yelled out in pain. Claws grew from her toenails as the reshaped into that of a foxes. Pushing herself up she began to pant, as her fangs grew sharper. Dark platinum fur sprouted across her body covering all areas. Her senses turned sharper, she could smell and hear everything.
 
Standing to her feet, she found that she was taller. Her form reminded her of something of a werewolf. She wasn't bulging with muscles and unruly fur. Her features had turned sharper and her body became slimmer and well toned. The fur reminded her of tiger's fur, short, but smooth. The fur on her body was thicker then the fur upon her face. Turning her gaze to the moon, she eyed it hungrily wishing that it never would set. Her vision was still in color and her eyes a dark blue. Laughing at the fact she was changed she found her voice to be smoother. It carried a hint of danger to it.
 
The animal in her not wanting all these human thoughts forced her to run. The air rushed around her as she caught the scents of water and animals. Her eyes took in every feature noting where she came from. This fox form of hers craved a chase, a good hunt. Kagome wanted a challenge, something that would let her give chase and claim a prize. Her human mind recognized the animal side and refused to stay dormant. So many questions of what this body was capable of. Yet, the animal self knew all the answers. It didn't need words. All it needed was action.
 
Inhaling the air, her eyes closed in bliss. Wonderful scents of the rivers and forest came to her. The fox froze as she caught the scent of a worthy chase. A rush of cinnamon rose came invading her senses as she inhaled. She allowed the scent deep within her lungs before she breathed it back out. It came from the west. The scent overwhelmed her with a need. The primal need to chase and dominate. Being a female and realizing the scent was male and labeled a possible threat. Blocking out the voice of reason she took off through the woods.
 
Her speed has increased; she jumped through the trees and flipped through the air. Landing in a low crouch, she sprang off and over the water. Leaving water rings on the surface as she ran making it look like a rock had been skipped. Jumping on a low tree branch, she sniffed the air once more. The scent had vanished, but there was still a strange energy on the air. Ears twitching, a crunching sound echoed through the silent woods. Kagome's tail twitched in anticipation. Kagome's dark blue eyes widen in shock as she realized what was going on.
 
She was the one being hunted.
 
Grinning, she decided to take off and humor her pursuer. The footfalls that followed were light; if she hadn't strained to listen, she would have missed them. Biting her lower lip, she jumped through the forest treetops and hovered in the air. Not seeing anything as she came back to the ground, she lightly landed. Turning quickly she watched in worry and amusement as a vine wrapped around her wrist. Following the vine through the woods, she wondered who was on the other end.
 
`The rope can go both ways,' Kagome thought as she used her strength and pulled.
 
A smooth ivory hand emerged from the shadows with vines wrapped around the arm. Then the body of a young man came forward. Eyeing the man suspiciously she knew the pursuer was dangerous by just the looks. Long silver hair, cold golden eyes, and deadly claws. His body was well toned, not overly muscular like some men's. Those eyes told everything she needed to know, they were not like Sesshoumaru's eyes. He held his golden eyes in a look of cold boredom, this silver fox held the eyes that displayed his danger proudly.
 
His silver ear twitched as her heart sped up in slight worry, she didn't fear this male. Her tail twitched in aggravation before she tried to cut the vine with her claws. A quick slash left the vines unharmed. Her eyes narrowed in anger as she looked up to her captor. Kagome's anger spiked as she swore she saw amusement in his eyes. Growling she wrapped her free hand around the vine. Grinning at him she mouthed the words `bye, bye.'
 
Her blue Miko ki flowed through the vine. It raced to the offending captor, but he released the vine. The vine dissolved in the burst of pure power. His eyes showed no change in his attitude. Crunching down in a position to attack she waited for him to move.
 
“Do you have the Forlorn Hope?” He coldly demanded. Narrowing her eyes in distrust, her human mind came to surface.
 
“Who wants to know?” She asked back.
 
“That is none of your concern, but if you refuse to cooperate. I will kill you,” he warned.
 
“You lack social skills,” Kagome softly claimed as she smirked.
 
“And you lack self preservation,” the stranger calmly called back.
 
“Please grace me with the name of my soon to be killer,” Kagome mocked, she seemed to be striking a cord.
 
“My name is Youko Kurama,” he informed as he raised his claws in front of him.
 
“Very well,” Kagome whispered as she readied for an attack.
 
He charged and went to slash at her chest. Throwing up a quick barrier, she pushed him back. The energy circled around her as she waited for an attack.
 
“Miko ki,” he mumbled as he thought about his opponent.
 
“Are you going to fight…or are you enjoying your own voice that much?” Kagome questioned as she raised an eyebrow.
 
The growl was soft, but it was there. He broke the barrier and punched her into a tree. The tree crunched from her weight and she fell to her side. Pushing herself up she cracked her jaw back into place. The pain had vanished as licked the blood from the corner of her mouth. Rolling away, she avoided the deadly claws aimed at her stomach. Sensing him coming at her she waited for the attack. The claws sliced through her stomach, but it left a perfect opening on Youko. She pushed her claws into his chest and they both stood shocked.
 
He squeezed his hand allowing the claws to come closer to the vital organs. Wincing in pain she grasped the lung and gently squeezed in warning. Kagome began to lightly chuckle as blood dripped and matted her fur. The scent of the blood was overwhelming her. Its scent aroma called to her, it begged her so come for it. It smelled like food. She could no longer feel her wound, all she could feel was his blood sliding down her arm. The crimson liquid slid down his soft, ivory skin. Tightening her hold on his lung, she wondered if how long she would if her stomach was ruined.
 
“No,” Kagome whispered as she pulled her hand away from it all. The liquid splashed her face as she pulled away and landed on her butt.
 
Her wound began to close now that his arm was removed. Her Miko ki finished was what left over as she held. Backing away from him, she bared her fangs in warning. He came towards her and reached down to her face. He took her chin in his hand and turned her face from side to side. He then ran his bloodied thumb across her cheek before he vanished into the night. The fur on her face was now blooded, but she could no longer smell or sense him. Standing to her feet, she followed the scent of water.
 
Diving in she washed away the blood from her fur. Coming back to land, she shook off most of the water before she began to lick the fur on her hands. Stopping in mid-lick she began to run through the night. Tonight she was free from human resistant and didn't need to bother cleaning herself. The night wasn't finished and the moon hadn't set.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
Sorry this chapter is so short, but I wanted them to meet and for her to go through her first change. Her full moon form won't be focused upon that much