Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Walking Zero ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Walking Zero
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
The truth was so boring in this day and age. Stoic hazel eyes gazed down at the blood on her on shoes. Reaching to her back, she pulled out a staff about an inch thick. It was as long as the palm of her hand. She held in front of her as her stoic blue eyes flashed with repressed hate. A loud growling could be heard coming from the creature, she currently faced. The staff she held, her haraibou flashed white and lengthened to her height. The creature's ears lay back on its head as it watched a pink orb the size of a large prayer bead form on the staff's top. The wood was a deep crimson; it was wood from the Goshinboku tree.
 
Her haraibou was a purification staff that had been bathed in the blood of a hundred demons. The wood took on the crimson color, but it still held its purity. Miroku had made her the staff and trained to use it. It was used when her arrows couldn't be used. It seemed harmless, but that was far from the truth. She had sacrificed her vanity when she traveled Mt. Hiei in search of Toutousai. He was able to coat her crimson staff with one of her own fangs. She had found him on her spiritual journey. Half starved, tired, and delusional she had found him. He had a pass into Ningen-kai for a few days while he visited a few old graves.
 
That was a month after she had found her family found the past slaughtered by…him. It wasn't her time to lose; she would never lose to a lowly youkai. The staff pulsed blue as she pushed her Miko ki into it. Grinning she dropped her human disguise. Her long platinum hair reflected the moonlight. You could barely notice the pure white hair that was forced on her. The four lotus petals on her forehead appeared as she dropped into a fighting stance. Her tail swished eagerly behind her and her ears twitched in excitement.
 
“What do you want with me?” The youkai hissed.
 
Kagome grinned as she stood there and stared at it. The youkai was one of the five last silver Kitsune. The Kitsune was about a thousand in human years, age didn't matter to her. Its eyes were a silver color and the black pupils were narrowed. The youkai was disguised as a human female. Kagome hadn't expected to find something so rare on her hunt. She usually came up facing low-level youkai that killed or plan to kill humans. This one was trying to live in the human world.
 
“You are in the Ningen-kai,” Kagome stated.
 
“Are you one of those spirit detectives?” The silver hissed.
 
“No…I am something more,” Kagome vaguely answered.
 
“What do you want with me Kitsune…I have done no wrong,” the youkai defended. Kagome bitterly laughed at its attempt to confuse her.
 
“I smell the blood on your claws…you just came from a murder,” Kagome informed with a grin.
 
“Bitch…that bastard tried to fire me,” the youkai growled.
 
“That bastard…didn't deserve death for something that pitiful,” Kagome growled.
 
“Who are you to decide?” The silver asked.
 
“Who are you to take life and death into your own…claws?” Kagome questioned.
 
The silver growled and lunged at her. Kagome sidestepped the attack and knocked the youkai in the back of her head. She crashed to the ground and countered by kicking Kagome in the jaw. Kagome's head snapped up and the youkai grinned triumphantly. Blood trickled down the corner of her mouth. Cracking her neck, she wiped the blood off and placed it on her staff. Kagome lunged and brought the staff across the silver's chest. The silver gasped as blood flew in all directions.
 
“How?” The silver whispered as she touched the deep gash.
 
Kagome's eyes were a dark blue void of emptiness. Her face betrayed no emotion as she raised the staff and spun it around in the air. The Miko ki emanating from the staff began to form a ring. Stopping the movement the energy ring hovered above her. Holding the staff vertical she put the pink orb into the middle of the ring.
 
“Please…we can talk this out,” the youkai pleaded.
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed and she used the staff to swing the ring at the silver. The silver stood up and began to run. Kagome watched as the energy ring vanished once it hit the youkai. The silver froze in mid stride as the trees that the energy touched fell to the ground, cut in half. Kagome walked around to the front of the youkai and stared into the silver's shocked orbs. Blood came from her mouth as her torso fell from her waist. A sickening thud and plop was the only sound as the body fell in two.
 
Taking her staff, she touched one half of the body. She sent a quick purifying energy out and turned that half to ash. Repeating the action to the other half she watched as the ash blew away in the wind. The only remains were the blood puddles on the ground.
 
“Spirit gun!” A male voice yelled.
 
Snapping her head up she held her hand out. The bolt of spirit energy raced towards her. Forming a barrier, she watched as it vanished upon impact with her Miko ki. Her stoic features turned to a smile as she watched four boys come running up. She recognized all of them instantly. Yusuke held his hand out ready to fire again, Kuwabara stood there with a look of confusion, Kurama was studying her intently, and Hiei was smirking behind them all.
 
`Having fun mother?' Hiei mentally asked.
 
`Much fun,' Kagome answered back with a grin.
 
“Who the hell our you?” Yusuke demanded as he studied the youkai.
 
“Who I am is of no importance,” Kagome whispered, her exhilaration was making her words come out quickly.
 
“How did you make it past the barriers?” Suiichi asked.
 
“You're a smart boy…you'll figure it out,” Kagome answered with a grin.
 
“I asked once and I'll ask again…who are you?” Yusuke demanded. Kagome sighed and Hiei calmly waited for what she would say.
 
“I am the first and the last of my kind,” Kagome began.
 
“Kitsune…plenty of those,” Yusuke muttered and got glared at.
 
“I am neither youkai or human, but you may call me Seigei,” Kagome finished.
 
“Justice?” Suiichi whispered in confusion.
 
“You can call yourself whatever…but you have a choice to make. You can either stay here and die or go back to Maki like a good little fox,” Yusuke offered. Kagome laughed before she pretended like she was in thought.
 
“I'll have to go with option one…but without the death,” Kagome answered as she grinned.
 
“Wrong answer,” Yusuke sighed as he fired.
 
Kagome laughed and held her hand out again. She formed the barrier and watched as the blast vanished. Yusuke growled and Kuwabara sighed.
 
“I refuse to fight a girl,” Kuwabara firmly stated.
 
“Then I won't harm you,” Kagome assured as she pushed off the ground and charged Yusuke.
 
Yusuke grinned and aimed shot at her again. She dodged the attack and kicked him across the park. Her ear twitched and she held the staff firmly as she blocked the sword. The metal of the katana clinked against her staff's fang coating. Grinning at Hiei he jumped away. Kurama pulled out his rose whip and Kagome froze.
 
`That weapon,' Kagome thought.
 
Lost in her thought the whip wrapped around her neck. Panicking she grabbed the whip and let the thorns dig into her palms. She sent her Miko ki out and dissolved the whip into ash. Suiichi dropped the whip and backed away as the ki snapped at him. Kagome's ear twitched and she turned to see a fist coming at her. Weightlessness filled her being as she sailed through the air and slammed into a tree. Coughing up blood, she dropped her staff. Pulling out an arrow she acted like she was noching it. Yusuke laughed at her actions.
 
“Lady, there's nothing there,” Yusuke mocked. Kagome began to grin as she took aim.
 
“I got that funny feeling,” Kuwabara muttered from the sidelines.
 
`Better move Hiei,' Kagome sent out.
 
Her bow formed in her hand and she pulled the arrow back on the string.
 
“How the hell?” Yusuke muttered as he aimed his spirit gun
 
Her arrow formed into a Hamaya as she released it. Yusuke fired his spirit gun and watched in awe. Her Hamaya turned a pure white and took the shape of a fox. It ran along the air and crashed into the spirit gun. The fox opened its mouth and took the energy in as it charged at them. Hiei jumped away and Kurama noticed that he moved. The fox exploded and pushed them back. White light blinded them.
 
“That was strong,” Kuwabara muttered in admiration.
 
Their eyes scanned the area and they found no trace of the girl. Yusuke looked over to Hiei and he just looked away.
 
“That energy was pure,” Kurama whispered, it felt so familiar.
 
“Better report this to Koenma,” Yusuke yawned.
 
The sun was peaking over the horizon as the spirit detectives vanished from the scene. Kagome smirked as she traveled to her home. She had done what she wanted to do; she had left a message for the spirit ruler. Kagome stood atop her Torii as she watched the sun rise. She had shown them some of her power, when that reached spirit world the rumors would spread like fire. Soon, she would find Youko's spirit or human host and be done with him. Smiling she also knew she had to do a bit more to reach her goal.
 
 
 
 
Koenma stared at monitor in shock. Yusuke had just finished explaining this female Kitsune to him. Kurama had noted some of her energy and Koenma had stared at her openly on the screen. She was a beautiful creature in his eyes, but that was what she was, a creature. Summoning George, he had the ogre search any files for the Kitsune. Yusuke wanted answers and Koenma had most of them in mind. The thing was, he couldn't divulge anything without being punished by his father.
 
“I know you know something about her,” Yusuke accused. Koenma sucked on his pacifier harder in worry.
 
“I've never seen her in my life,” Koenma assured.
 
The word `liar' echoed in his head. He had seen her once so very long ago when he was literally a baby. He had watched her take the Forlorn Hope to Kikyo. He had seen her when Kikyo's Shinidama-Chuu had ripped pass the mortal barrier and into the realm of the spirits. She had been human then, and he watched her become the perfect being.
 
“You must know something,” Kurama stated as he too stared at the skin.
 
“I know nothing, she's far to old for me to remember,” Koenma explained.
 
`Shit,' Koenma thought.
 
“She's old?” Yusuke repeated as his eyes accused Koenma of bullshit.
 
“Koenma Sir!” George shouted as he ran into the office.
 
“What is it ogre?” Koenma growled.
 
“I found a soul that might know about the mystery Kitsune,” George announced.
 
`Double crap,' Koenma thought as he watched Yusuke raise an eyebrow.
 
“Send him in,” Koenma sighed.
 
“I am not a male,” the female voice stated as anger was present.
 
Hiei's eyes widened and he smiled. The spirit caught his smile and went to say something. He warned her to keep quiet in order to protect Kagome. The spirit's long black hair swayed in the unnatural wind that surrounded her. Her brown eyes landed on Suiichi and instantly narrowed, she knew his soul; she could see him. She was wearing her Taijiya uniform and standing in front of Koenma's desk. Koenma motioned to the screen behind him and she turned to look.
 
“She survived,” the spirit whispered.
 
“Do you know who she is spirit?” Yusuke asked.
 
“First you will respect your elders, my name is Sango and to answer your question, yes.” Sango dryly explained.
 
“Who is she?” Suiichi politely asked. Sango's gaze snapped to him and he froze. Her brown eyes seemed to be peeling him apart.
 
You shall not utter anything to me,” Sango hissed at him.
 
“Then who is she?” Yusuke asked.
 
“She is my closest friend, my sister, and she will reveal her identity when she wants,” Sango informed with a slight grin.
 
“Can't you order her to talk?” Yusuke asked Koenma, annoyance present.
 
“My hands are tied,” Koenma honestly said. Older spirits were harder to manipulate.
 
“Hiei, can you scan her mind?” Suiichi asked.
 
“She is a spirit, her mind is always quiet,” Hiei calmly answered.
 
“Damn it! Now what?” Yusuke growled.
 
“Not all answers are in present,” Sango hinted as she left the room.
 
“Should I send in the other spirit?” George asked.
 
“Sure,” Koenma idly said.
 
Silver hair gleamed in the light as red cloth brushed against itself. Golden eyes narrowed at the mini ruler before turning to the group. His nose twitched as he smirked at Hiei, he knew not to say anything. They had talked before about it. His golden eyes turned to Kurama and narrowed. As a living being, he could smell scents, as a spirit he could smell the energy souls radiated. Death wasn't as boring as most thought it to be. His eyes turned to the monitor and he smirked. The Kitsune's human body would be quickly joining them in this place.
 
“I won't give her a name,” the spirit warned.
 
“Can you tell us anything?” Yusuke growled.
 
“My name is Inuyasha,” Inuyasha spoke with a smirk.
 
“What about her?” Suiichi asked Inuyasha. Inuyasha walked over and stared the Kitsune in the eyes. He bared his fangs at the fox.
 
“Don't speak to me,” Inuyasha warned in a low growl.
 
“Looks like nobody likes you,” Yusuke joked.
 
“Indeed,” Suiichi mumbled. He sat back in the chair and thought about the spirits. They both had a grudge against him and he swore he didn't know them.
 
“Can you tell us anything about her?” Kuwabara finally asked.
 
“She's coming for Youko,” Inuyasha whispered and then left. Before he fully left the room, he stared at the monitor and smiled.
 
“What did you do this time fox?” Hiei questioned with a smirk. Kurama looked up into the fire apparition's eyes and noticed a knowing stare.
 
“Nothing I remember,” Kurama admitted.
 
“This was a waste,” Yusuke angrily growled and walked out.
 
Kuwabara followed suite along with Suiichi. Hiei remained in the room and stared at Koenma. Koenma glared at Hiei only to have him smirk. A figure stepped out of a portal and smirked at Koenma.
 
“You will remain silent,” the figure declared more then asked.
 
“I don't want my father's wrath,” Koenma assured. He wanted to know about this girl everyone sought. He knew she had a connection with Youko and Hiei, but he didn't know how. Koenma hated keeping his detectives on a wounded knee. The hard earned trust he developed with them was being abused. He watched the figure walk over to Hiei.
 
“How have you been?” The figure asked Hiei.
 
“Fine, and you Shippo?”
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: