Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Becoming X ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Becoming X
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
One Year Later
 
 
 
Kagome sighed as she continued the long walk home. Sarayashiki High School hadn't liked her six-month absence from school. They had not believed that she was truant because she had West Nile Virus. Kagome had been forced to drop out. The deaths of her family in the past had taken a toll on her; she had some gray hair within the dark platinum locks of hers. Sighing she smiled at her first small accomplishment, she held her G.E.D in her hand. She was the first of her class to graduate as a second year. Carrying nothing but old stuff in her backpack, she smiled. Reaching up to her, she played with the prayer beads. The purple fang necklace was her only reminder of Inuyasha.
 
“Kagome,” a voice called out.
 
Her dull eyes looked behind her in disinterest as she walked. That boy with the red hair was running to catch up with her. Sighing she turned around and kept on walking, she didn't want any company.
 
“Ms. Higurashi,” Suiichi called out again. Kagome sighed and stopped as she waited for him.
 
“What do you want?” Kagome coldly asked.
 
“Keiko was worried about you…we thought you died,” Suiichi expressed and little put off by her cold demeanor.
 
`I am dead inside,' Kagome thought as she continued to walk.
 
“I'm alive,” Kagome assured. Her illusion held strong despite her inner turmoil.
 
“It's always good to be alive,” Suiichi mumbled.
 
“What do you want…I must be on my way,” Kagome sighed in mild annoyance.
 
“I was wondering if would like to have lunch sometime,” Suiichi asked. Something about this girl called out to him.
 
“Sure,” Kagome said and continued walking.
 
“Can I have a number or address?” Suiichi nervously asked.
 
“I live here,” Kagome said as she walked up the shrine steps.
 
“Interesting,” Suiichi commented.
 
“See ya,” Kagome whispered.
 
“What about tomorrow?” Suiichi called out.
 
“Sure,” Kagome sighed as she vanished up the steps.
 
 
 
 
“Who was that?” A smooth voice asked.
 
“Someone from school,” Kagome answered as she smiled at the man.
 
“He has a strange aura,” the man commented.
 
“Really Miroku?” Kagome asked.
 
“You need to pay more attention,” Miroku scolded.
 
Kagome nodded her head and passed the new Miroku. He was modern, wearing black jeans and dark purple dress shirt. His attitude was also modern; he was slightly depressed and suffered from PTSD. Youko had really scarred them all. Kagome threw her backpack to the corner of her room and placed her G.E.D on her desk. Jumping on her bed, she reached over and closed her curtain. She didn't care that it was only the afternoon and she was sleepy. She closed her eyes and relaxed into her pillow.
 
 
 
 
Hiei took Miroku from her arms careful of his wounds. Rushing into the shrine Hiei handed her the papers that he had managed to get Koenma to sign. Kagome opened them and found another ray of hope. Inside were a birth certificate and other legal documents. Kagome had gotten her mom and they all rushed to the hospital. She and Hiei waited patiently in the waiting room. Kagome leaned her head upon his shoulder and began to cry. He wrapped his arm around her and rubbed her back.
 
“Why did it happen?” Kagome cried.
 
“I don't know,” Hiei whispered into her ear. She had managed to put up her illusion up.
 
The doctor came to her and explained the dog attack would leave Miroku weakened for a few days. He had received twenty for stitches upon his stomach and chest. They had also given him Tetanus and Raibi shots as a precaution. The doctor had also told them the stitches would dissolve and that he should check with his physician in a few days. Miroku had officially become Miroku Higurashi, the older brother of Kagome Higurashi.
 
The next few days were hard. Miroku wouldn't talk to her no matter what she did. Kagome had finally yelled him about it. She said he could blame her, that it was her fault since she was the Tama's old guardian. Miroku had hugged her and apologized. A lot of chocolate and apologizing was done. Miroku had met the future Hiei and was shocked by his height more then his third eye. They had even been told of Shippo's status. He was working with Sesshoumaru. Kirara had turned out to Buyo.
 
“What became of Youko?” Kagome asked Hiei.
 
“He was killed by a hunter and his soul traveled to Ningen-kai,” Hiei informed.
 
“So the barriers formed after I left?” Kagome asked.
 
“Correct,” Hiei sighed as he leaned his head against her shoulder. Kagome flicked his nose and he glared at her.
 
“That's for trying to enslave mankind,” Kagome teased.
 
“Hn.”
 
“If Youko is still alive what will you do?” Miroku asked her, hate within his calm eyes.
 
“I'll finish the job,” Kagome unwaveringly announced.
 
“What if he's human?” Hiei asked.
 
“Blood for blood,” Kagome answered as she reached up and touched the prayer beads.
 
“What if it wasn't him?” Hiei asked.
 
“Miroku, Shippo, and you saw what he did,” Kagome resignedly answered. “I even saw the blood on his claws.”
 
 
 
 
Kagome's eyes snapped opened as she focused on the fading sunlight. A gentle knock and her door slide open. Miroku opened her curtain and sat on her desk chair. She sighed and smiled at him.
 
“Only we know what happened.” Kagome whispered.
 
“Some parts are still blank,” Miroku whispered.
 
“That's what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is…a bunch of blank spots,” Kagome sadly said.
 
“Are you going to search for him tonight?” Miroku asked. Kagome's eyes hardened and she nodded.
 
“I'll never stop searching until I find him,” Kagome promised.
 
“Are you sure you can…”
 
“I'll toy with him the way he toyed with me…with us,” Kagome darkly whispered as she sat up.
 
Dropping her human illusion, she walked into her closet and changed outfits. She wore a skintight black outfit with black hakama. Her dark platinum hair had bits of white within the locks. Picking up her bow, she put her quiver on her back and sat on her windowsill.
 
“I'll have revenge for all of us,” Kagome whispered as she took off into the night.
 
 
 
 
Author's Notes: