Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Destroying Angel ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destroying Angel
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Six Months Later
 
 
 
It had been six months since Kaede had passed on. The snow fell upon the village without warning, it seemed that time had passed without notice. Most of the harvest had been very good. Youko had turned out to be very good with all types of plants. It became obvious to everyone by the end of the second month that he had something with Kagome. Inuyasha hadn't protested much about the new development. He had been happy that she had finally found someone to make her happy. Inuyasha had complained that using a rose for a weapon was girly.
 
Youko had fought the hanyou and demonstrated that he could protect Kagome. Youko had also gained a new respect for the hanyou, he could honestly say the Inu's bark was as good as his bite. The Taijiya and Houshi had been married for five months now. They were expecting a child of their own. Miroku had bragged that it had been on his first try. He had ended up with a lump on the head from his loving wife. Kagome had left the village for a day to go to her time.
 
He had found it weird that she would vanish into a well. She had come back with something and had not shown it. Shippo had grown taller; he was up to Kagome's waist, maybe a bit taller. Hiei had also reached Kagome's waist. Kagome smiled since she knew her son wouldn't be that tall. She had taken residence at Kaede's hut with her two boys and Youko. Inuyasha had his own hut and according to him it was `about damn time.'
 
The villagers had been coming to Kagome more and more about blessings. There had also been three children born in the village. Kagome had the experience of delivering one of those babies. She had been thrilled and nauseated at the same time. Shippo was practicing his illusions with Youko in the snow. Kagome had built a snowman and now Shippo kept trying to transform into it. Hiei had gone to train with Inuyasha in the fields.
 
Miroku was currently fussing over Sango. Kagome sat upon the roof watching Shippo and Youko with a grin. Youko had proven to be a good youkai once you got pass that exterior he kept. He was very passionate about everything he did. He never seemed to give up when he went to do something. Youko proved that he was caring when helped grow the crops and train Shippo. He had even taken a liking to Hiei and showed him some tricks on improving his speed. To Kagome's displeasure, he taught him some thievery.
 
Kagome cheered as she watched Shippo perfect his illusion. Smiling she smirked at Youko as he grinned at her. Kagome jumped down and hugged Shippo to her. She promised to make him some rice balls. Youko grinned at her excitement and slightly blushed as she hugged him around the neck. The snow fell onto their heads as Kagome pressed her cheek to his pink one. Pulling away, she watched as Shippo started to transform into random objects.
 
Kagome proudly grinned. She herself had been working on her illusions. She could hold them for three days straight if she wanted to. Kagome had also been able to transform into her youkai form. She was as tall as Kirara, but her build was slender and tone. Dark platinum fur covered everything but the four white lotus petals on her head and white tipped tail. She loved her youkai form; it was beautiful and freeing in her mind.
 
She had often wondered if Hiei felt left out of her little fox family. Kagome had traveled to Toutousai and asked if he could make Hiei a sword. The sword smith happily agreed. She had made the sheath out of some bark from the time tree. Kagome proudly carved a fox into the sheath and wrapped black leather around it. She had given him the sword and swore he almost cried. He had hugged her and wouldn't let go for an hour.
 
Kagome's smile widened as she waived into the sky. Youko had followed in gaze thinking she went mad. Kagura landed in the snow and frowned at the coldness. She placed her feather in her hair and bowed. Kagome noted that she seemed different. Her bangs moved when she came up from the bow and the crescent moon was there. Running up to her she hugged the Lady of the Western lands with great enthusiasm.
 
“How are you doing?” Kagome quickly asked.
 
“Very well. And you?” Kagura asked as she looked over to Youko.
 
“Wonderful,” Kagome answered.
 
“I've been meaning to stop by, but have been busy,” Kagura sighed as her red eyes lit up. Kagome began to grin.
 
“How many months?” Kagome asked.
 
“I'm four months,” Kagura admitted with a blush.
 
“Everyone's pregnant but me,” Kagome teased.
 
“Would you like to change that?” Youko teased. Kagome went red in the face and began to stutter.
 
“How's Hiei?” Kagura asked.
 
“He's adapted to the family life very well,” Kagome assured.
 
“He seemed like he'd be a good kid,” Kagura commented.
 
“He's my little shadow,” Kagome whispered with a grin.
 
“Anyways, the almighty Lord Sesshoumaru wishes for you come back to the castle with me for a meeting,” Kagura quoted.
 
“When?” Kagome questioned.
 
“Could you come today?” Kagura asked.
 
“Go ahead,” Youko mumbled as he showed Shippo an illusion.
 
“Would you mind watching the two?” Kagome asked.
 
“Sure…leave me alone with the two demons,” Youko muttered. Kagome gave him a dry look and sighed.
 
“I'll come today,” Kagome answered.
 
“Very good,” Kagura said as she pulled the feather from her hair.
 
“Tell the others I'll be back,” Kagome yelled as they took to the air.
 
“Sure,” Youko called out as he smirked.
 
`I've been domesticated,' Youko thought.
 
“Here!” Kagome yelled and tossed him something. He looked at her questioningly and she smiled at him. “It's apart of me.”
 
Youko caught the small box and watched her go. Shippo jumped onto to his shoulder and hung from it. Youko opened the box and eyes widened in shock. His eyes saddened at the design before he smiled. It was purple stone in the shape of a teardrop. It was surround by silver and was on a silver chain. He carefully took it out of the box and smiled when he sensed the aura.
 
`Apart of her,' Youko pondered.
 
“It feels like momma,” Shippo whispered. Youko nodded in agreement.
 
`She left a piece of her soul.'
 
 
 
 
Kagome shivered as they traveled by air to the castle. Kagome smirked and tried to speed up to hurry the journey to the Western castle.
 
“So what's the Kitsune to you?” Kagura asked.
 
“He's a potential mate,” Kagome said with a grin.
 
“How'd you meet,” Kagura asked.
 
“That's just say he hit me with his good looks,” Kagome vaguely said as she remembered her first full moon.
 
“What do the other's think?” Kagura asked.
 
“Inuyasha has no problem with him,” Kagome answered as she smiled.
 
“What about do you think of him?” Kagura asked.
 
“He's wonderful. He has his past, but who am I to judge…he's different now,” Kagome assured.
 
Kagura nodded at what Kagome said and began to lower to the ground. They landed in the courtyard and Kagome whistled when she looked at the castle. Kagura led her inside and up to the second level. Kagome stared at the painting of what looked like all the Western Lords as she passed the hallway. Kagura knocked on the door and she heard Jaken answered. The little toad hesitated but bowed to her.
 
“Where's Rin?” Kagome asked Kagura.
 
“She's being tutored,” Kagura answered.
 
They walked into the room and Kagura walked over to Sesshoumaru. He kissed her forehead and left the room. Kagome bowed to the western lord and he nodded his head.
 
“It is good to see you again,” Sesshoumaru stated as he offered her a seat.
 
“I'm glad that we could form this alliance,” Kagome honestly said with a smile as she sat across from him.
 
“Yes, I feel that this alliance shall benefit us both,” Sesshoumaru calmly stated.
 
“I knew this meeting was bound to come…but may I ask what troubles you.” Kagome cautiously ventured. Sesshoumaru sighed and offered her a cup of tea. Kagome took the cup and said her thanks.
 
“I sense an evil presence coming,” Sesshoumaru began. Kagome sighed as well.
 
“Kikyo had warned me of something a while back,” Kagome admitted.
 
“I have caught traces of Naraku, but he was destroyed with all his incarnations correct?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“We never found Kanna,” Kagome admitted.
 
“Did you search for her?”
 
“I have searched for her…but nothing was found,” Kagome answered.
 
“This is why I propose this alliance. I will extend my protection to your village and friends,” Sesshoumaru offered.
 
“What can we do for you?” Kagome asked as she took a sip of tea.
 
“I ask that you lend your help in any battles,” Sesshoumaru declared. Kagome laughed and smiled warmly at him.
 
“How bought we just say we're friends and we can help each other whenever the other person is in trouble?” Kagome suggested. Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow in question before he smiled.
 
“That would be…nice,” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
“What about this evil you sensed?” Kagome asked suddenly.
 
“Many youkai have reported their kind disappearing suddenly,” Sesshoumaru informed.
 
“Naraku couldn't have survived,” Kagome whispered.
 
“Many have also talked about miasma being present,” Sesshoumaru added.
 
“This is to similar to Naraku for my comfort,” Kagome growled.
 
“Kagura also seems worried by this,” Sesshoumaru commented.
 
“Whatever this evil is…it will be stopped,” Kagome assured.
 
“Bring the others back here and we can all discuss this together,” Sesshoumaru demanded.
 
Kagome stood and bowed before she left the room. Her mind reeled with thousands of thoughts and questions. Kagura and her left the castle to get the rest of the group. This time she didn't even bother paying attention the cool weather. Kagome focused ahead of her of she thought of what this could mean. Her children would be endangered and so would Kagura's freedom. Her dark blue eyes flashed with worry as she stared at the smoke ahead of her.
 
 
 
 
Youko smirked as he handed Shippo off to Miroku. Hiei and Inuyasha were still training in the fields. Walking out he decided to go rest in the Goshinboku, training Shippo had left him annoyed. His ear twitched as he turned around and watched Shippo and Kohaku run to find Hiei. Sighing he continued on his way to the Goshinboku. Jumping into the branches, he sighed and reached up and touched the pendant.
 
`Peace and silence,' Youko thought.
 
Closing his eyes, he smiled as he began his well-earned rest. His ear twitched again as he heard a soft crunching of snow. Opening his eyes sniffed and found now one around. Scowling he closed his eyes again and began to rest. The soft crunching noise began again. Opening his eyes again, he found himself facing his reflection.
 
 
 
 
Kagura landed in the middle of the village. Her eyes widened in shock, it reminded her of the time she was forced to kill the wolf pack. Blood stained the snow and fire burned at her temple. Tears fell into the blood soaked snow as Kagome ran towards Sango's hut. She saw a hand lying underneath the boards. Pulling the boards away and tossing them, she gasped and cried more.
 
“Sango,” Kagome cried as she reached and checked for a pulse. Her friend's Hiraikotsu lay broken underneath her; the gash in her stomach was proof enough that she was dead. Her own weapon had been used against her.
 
“Kagome,” Kagura whispered to the girl who was hyperventilating.
 
“INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed at the top of her lungs.
 
Running through the village she hoped to find him. Tripping over a villager's body she began to cry. She chanted `no' repeatedly as she tried to sniff for him. The smell of blood overwhelmed her senses and caused her choke on bile. Holding back her puke, she forced herself to look for him. She came to the path that led to the Goshinboku. Falling to her knees, she crawled over to the red piece of cloth that was stuck within a dead bush. Blood coated the material.
 
She heard Kagura call out to her, but she ignored her. Running down the path, she found snow covering red cloth. Pushing the snow away, she stared into his face. His features had turned blue from the snow frost. She patted his cheek as tears fell from her eyes. Her warm tears didn't wake him as she cried.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome cried as she took the prayer beads from his neck.
 
Gently setting him back on the ground, she placed the beads within her pocket. Wiping her tears away, she looked behind her to see Kagura slowly approaching her.
 
“Oh my god,” Kagura whispered as she covered her mouth.
 
“I will kill who ever is responsible,” Kagome promised as her eyes flashed red.
 
Running down the path, she gasped and shook her head no. Kohaku laid dead in the snow, his eyes opened in silent terror. His Kusarikama lay behind him a few feet. Kagome kneeled down and closed his eyes as she held back the tears.
 
`Why? Why is this happening?' Kagome thought.
 
Looking ahead she noticed a blue energy cackle. Her hope had rose, a barrier meant that someone was alive. Pulling an arrow from her quiver she noched it and prepared to kill whoever did this horror. Her arrow fell to the ground as she entered into the clearing. Miroku smiled in relief as Hiei and Shippo hid behind him. He fell to his knees and passed out. Kirara already was unconscious at his side. Her eyes watered as Kagura ran behind her and gasped.
 
Red eyes turned gold as they took her betrayed blue eyes. Kagome pulled an arrow from her quiver and took aim. Gold eyes scanned the area in confusion as he took in the blood that covered his claws. His nose wrinkled in disgust as he noticed the skin under his claws. He looked helplessly at Kagome as her tears fell. The bow creaked as she pulled the arrow back. The pendant hung around his neck as he took in the area.
 
“Why?” Kagome whispered. “Why have you betrayed me?”
 
Her tears fell as she was reminded of Kikyo's story.
 
“Kagome…I can explain,” Youko shouted to her.
 
Kagome released the arrow and he moved as the Miko ki cut a deep gash into his arm.
 
“All you have is lies!” Kagome shouted.
 
“Let me explain!” Youko shouted. Kagome pulled another arrow and quickly noched it.
 
“The blood on your hands is proof enough,” Kagome growled.
 
“Kagome,” Youko whispered as he began to walk towards her.
 
Anticipating his dodge, she aimed and fired the arrow. The Miko ki burned bright as it flew towards his heart. He moved in the path of her arrow as it soared to his heart. The pendant flashed and the ki vanished as the arrow impaled him in the shoulder. Having no choice, he transformed into his youkai form and vanished into the forest. Dropping her bow she ran over to where her children and Miroku where.
 
“I'm so sorry,” Kagome whispered as she pulled them to her.
 
“Miroku is loosing to much blood,” Shippo cried.
 
“Is he going to die too?” Hiei asked.
 
Kagome turned Miroku to his back and watched in shock as the bead upon her wrists broke. The red prayer beads scattered into the snow. Her tears began flowing again. Ripping pant leg, she tied the cloth around his chest in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Taking both Hiei's and Shippo's face in her palms she turned the to her.
 
“I have to take Miroku to my time,” Kagome seriously, but sadly said.
 
“You can't go now,” Shippo cried.
 
“He'll die if I don't,” Kagome pleaded.
 
“Will I see you again mother?” Hiei asked as he let a tear fall. A black gem fell into the snow.
 
“I promise you both that you'll see me again,” Kagome seriously said she began to cry.
 
“You're not coming back,” Shippo whispered.
 
“I have to seal the well, my time is over here,” Kagome whispered as she kissed the both on the foreheads.
 
“What should we do?” Hiei asked.
 
“Take care of each other, you're all each other have until we can be together again,” Kagome cried.
 
“Why can't we come?” Shippo asked.
 
“You have a future to make, but you'll see me again,” Kagome whispered.
 
Hiei reached into the snow, pulled out the black tear gem, and placed into Kagome's palm. Kagome held it to her heart before she placed it in her pocket with the prayer beads. Standing up she picked Miroku up and held him to her. Turning around she faced Kagura with a watery smile.
 
“I understand, I'll take care of things here,” Kagura promised.
 
“Thank you,” Kagome whispered before she jumped into the well.
 
Hiei reached out towards her vanishing form, part of him worried that he would never see her again. Kagome sighed as she floated through time with Miroku in her arms. It felt like a part of her had died. Landing on the other side, she jumped to the lip of the well and placed Miroku down. Pulling a board over the well she placed the seals upon it. Picking Miroku back up she cried as she saw her future shadow there with a sadden look.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
I think this is the saddest chapter in the story…