Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ A Little More ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Little More
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Koenma paced the Reikai hospital floor with worried anticipation. He glanced up at the wall and saw that he had five minutes left. Yusuke and Kuwabara were training for the Makai Tournament and Hiei was bringing the Western Lord of Makai to Reikai. Kurama was attending to his new girlfriend. Koenma felt a spark in the air and looked up. He took on his older form and watched as the portal opened. He sucked on his pacifier in nervousness.
 
Hiei stepped out from the portal with no emotion on his face. Sesshoumaru stepped from the portal in all his glory. His stoic face held nothing but an uninterested gaze. Koenma nervously approached them and bowed. Sesshoumaru just nodded his head and Hiei crossed his arms.
 
“Welcome to Reikai Lord Sesshoumaru,” Koenma greeted.
 
“Prince Koenma,” Sesshoumaru acknowledged.
 
“I am curious to as why you decided to come,” Koenma stated.
 
“I have no need to explain,” Sesshoumaru calmly answered.
 
“The Reikai Hospital is a restricted area, I believe I have a right to know,” Koenma said with a bit more firmness. Sesshoumaru glared at the Prince before he smirked a bit himself. Going against him could get you one of two things, death or a bit of respect.
 
“There is a boy that houses my half brother's soul,” Sesshoumaru decided to humor him.
 
“Do you mind if I ask one more question?” Koenma cautiously asked.
 
“You already did, but go ahead if you must,” Sesshoumaru idly said.
 
“I know you and Hiei have connections to the one who calls herself Seigi, I want to know her name,” Koenma quickly said. Hiei smirked and waited for a response from Sesshoumaru.
 
“It would be interesting to tell her identity…but she will reveal herself when ready,” Sesshoumaru assured with a hint of pride.
 
Koenma sighed knowing he wouldn't get anymore out of the Lord. He unlocked the hospital doors and stepped aside for Hiei and Sesshoumaru to enter. Hiei remained calmed as he stared into the room. He had never seen this part of Reikai before.
 
 
 
 
Fireworks shot off into the night sky as hazel and emerald eyes stared on. Sitting atop the Ferris wheel, Kagome smiled as she stared into the night sky. Suiichi's attention was diverted from the night sky to Kagome's face. He could only see half her face as he watched her watch the fireworks. Suiichi wondered if this was somehow symbolic, was she hiding something from him. The answer was simple enough, but the explanation would be long.
 
Yes, she was hiding something. He could tell it was no dark family matter, her brother, mother, and Ji-chan was wonderful. There were times he could sense a different type of ki radiating from her. It wasn't a human ki and it wasn't a youki, but it was still pure. She had told him that she was a Miko, but she didn't say if she was trained or not. He knew he only knew half of her, but he already deeply cared for the half he knew. His head tilted to the side as he thought about the situation.
 
He had some minor trust issues with woman; he never knew why he had these issues. It was like some part of him told him to stay away from the female race. He stared at for a few more moments. She turned to him and kissed him on the tip of his nose before smiling again. Looking up towards the sky, he knew he could live with only loving half of her. He could trust this half of her without doubt in his mind. She sighed and leaned against him.
 
He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him. His other hand played with piece of jewelry in his pocket. It was a simple tanzanite jewel in the shape of teardrop. It was on a silver chain with silver surrounding it. On his way home from the dark tournament a Kitsune had tossed him it. He thought that is was a trap, but as he studied it, he found out that it had a part of Kagome in it. Suiichi didn't wish to ask her about it, he didn't want to ruin this moment.
 
Cradling her head in his palm, he lowered his face to her. His mouth hovered above hers giving a chance to deny him. She pushed forward and met his lips.
 
Kurama closed his eyes and buried his nose in her hair. His eyes slightly opened as he inhaled her scent. Golden eyes radiated against the light of the fireworks. He pulled her back against her and placed his cheek on hers. She went to turn around and he lightly chuckled.
 
“Suiichi,” Kagome whispered in confusion.
 
“Shh, I've waited so long,” Suiichi, whispered as his golden eyes flashed.
 
“What are you…”
 
“No more words, I just want to hold you,” Suiichi heavily whispered in her ear.
 
Kagome sighed and relaxed against him. His arm snaked arm her waist and held her against his body, as they remained seated. His free hand gently trailed up her side and then to her hand. He rubbed the inside of her palm as she gently began to purr. He smirked against her cheek. Turning her around to face him, her eyes were hazed in relaxation. Her mind was too relaxed to recognize the golden gaze. Kagome's hands clutched at his hair as he lower his lips to hers. Her eyes closed and missed the shade of his hair lightening.
 
His breathe danced on her lips before he claimed them. He furiously kissed as she molded to his body once again. His mouth opened and he urged her tongue to enter with his own. Her human illusion began to flicker as the kissed deepened. Her tongue ran across his fangs and failed to signal to her mind. They were becoming sharper with each second. His hair turned to silk in her hands as he massaged her back.
 
“Why?” Kagome whispered. “Why have you betrayed me?”
 
His eyes snapped opened as the flashed from gold to green.
 
“All you have is lies!” Kagome shouted.
 
His eyes turned back to green as tears filled his eyes.
 
“Let me explain!” Youko shouted. Kagome pulled another arrow and quickly noched it.
 
Kagome felt the warm liquid hit her face. Her eyes opened in worry as she searched Suiichi's face. His eyes were filling with tears as they shown with hurt, betrayal, and lose.
 
“Suiichi, are you alright?” Kagome asked.
 
“The blood on your hands is proof enough,” Kagome growled.
 
His eyes turned to her and he could see the overlaying image of another her. He could see the other her, the Kitsune glaring at him with obvious betrayal.
 
“Kagome,” Youko whispered as he began to walk towards her.
 
“Kagome,” Suiichi whispered as he pulled her to him.
 
“What's wrong?” Kagome asked, worry lacing her words.
 
“I didn't mean to do it,” Suiichi whispered as he held her to him. The blood on his hands seemed to appear in his mind.
 
“The kiss was perfectly fine, I wanted it,” Kagome assured in confusion.
 
Suiichi stared past her as he just held her. Memories of the past came to him in small flashbacks. He sighed and buried his face into her neck.
 
“Let me hold you…just…a little more,” Suiichi whispered.
 
Kagome nodded and wrapped her arms around him. She laid her head against his shoulder as listened to his breathing. He seemed quiet in thought as he held her a bit tighter.
 
`Did I know you before? Is that why your presence draws me to you?' Suiichi thought as he sighed.
 
The pendant briefly glowed and Kagome's eyes narrowed in confusion. She felt something lost so long ago. Her concentration on the familiar presence broke as Suiichi let her go. He tilted her chin up to him so he could look into her eyes.
 
“What do you hide from me?” He whispered to her.
 
“Would you hate me if I told you?” Kagome asked.
 
“No,” Suiichi whispered as she pulled away and distanced herself.
 
“I want to believe you,” Kagome began.
 
“Then believe me, I never go back on my word,” Suiichi assured.
 
Kagome looked away and into the distance. They were high enough on the Ferris wheel; no one would see them. She sighed and closed her eyes. His emerald eyes lit up in victory as she dropped her illusion. He had a feeling; he had always known that she was the strange Kitsune they met randomly.
 
“I knew you were her,” Suiichi whispered as he reached out and touched a platinum lock.
 
“This is what I am, who I am. I am the Youkai-Ningen,” Kagome proudly stated. Her tail twitched at the silence she received. His gaze seemed to be memorizing every aspect of her. He reached out and pulled her to him.
 
“I accept you, you are what you are,” Suiichi assured.
 
Kagome sighed in relief as she hugged him tightly. He grunted at her strength and chuckled as she blushed. He reached out and rubbed her fox ear. Kagome sighed as the sensation relaxed her, doing this seemed like a distant memory. Suiichi remembered the fox ears that he once had. He didn't like them to be touched; they were sensitive.
 
“You won't send me to Makai?” Kagome asked as she leaned against him.
 
“You were never from Makai…were you?” Suiichi asked.
 
“I was once human and born in this realm,” Kagome answered.
 
“You're my little vixen,” Suiichi whispered. Kagome smiled against his chest. The Ferris wheel began to move. Kagome began to pull away and he held her to him. She glanced up at him.
 
“A little more, let's stay like this.”
 
 
 
 
Hiei's crimson eyes traveled across each bed in mild shock. His face remained stoic as he read some the charts. There were spirits that were vanishing, some diseased youkai, and few Ningens. He smirked; most of the Ningens were those that had contact with Reikai. At the end of the isle of beds, they came to one last bed. Sesshoumaru silently stared the body upon the bed.
 
Peach colored skin, short white hair, and a height about 5'8. His golden eyes studied the figure one last time before he placed Tetsusaiga upon the body. The old sword pulsed and the body began to glow. Sesshoumaru looked over at Hiei.
 
“His soul is in there,” Hiei assured.
 
Sesshoumaru unsheathed his Tenseiga and felt the pulse. The sword was calling to its twin fang and the owner. Koenma watched in fascination as he raised the sword and sent a white arc of energy to the body. The body pulsed three times before the chest began to steady rise. He could see the eye movement under the lids.
 
“Welcome back half brother,” Sesshoumaru stated as he watched the eyes open.
 
Dark violet eyes snapped opened as he went flying up. Pulling the heart monitor cord and anything else from his body he inhaled deeply. His had grasped the Tetsusaiga and his mouth formed into a shaky smirk. His violet eyes stared at each figure and slightly grinned. His eyes landed upon Sesshoumaru and he began to smirk.
 
“How ya doing…you old dog?” Inuyasha jokingly asked. Sesshoumaru frowned before he began to grin.
 
“It seems your new form has a lack of oxygen to the brain,” Sesshoumaru stated.
 
Inuyasha grunted and turned his eyes to Hiei. His violet gaze looked over the squirt.
 
“All this time and your still the same height,” Inuyasha teased. Hiei frowned and growled at him.
 
“All this time and you still have no brain,” Hiei commented.
 
“You people pick on my brain to much,” Inuyasha sighed as he stared down at the hospital robe.
 
“Would you like to know your name and youkai species?” Sesshoumaru asked with a raised brow.
 
“Sure,” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
“You are a Shishi, and your name is Shishi,” Sesshoumaru dryly informed.
 
“Why is it that I get named after my species?” Inuyasha wondered.
 
“You are still a hanyou, but you are not human,” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Really?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“We don't know your other half,” Koenma enlightened.
 
“Where's Kagome?” Inuyasha asked.
 
Hiei smirked and sent to him all the images concerning Kagome. He showed him Suiichi and her fight with the detectives.
 
 
 
 
Kagome held Suiichi's hand as they walked along the fair. They stopped walking and she discreetly sniffed the air. Crimson eyes stared at her from the distance. Her eyes narrowed in anger as she let go of Suiichi's hands. He stood at six feet with pale lavender hair. His crimson orbs showed above the rim of his black sunglasses. He smirked and waved to her.
 
`Nice to see you again Kagome,' Akago sent to her mind.
 
`I can't say the same,' Kagome growled. Her illusion flickered and he grinned.
 
`Temper, temper,' Akago scolded, `wouldn't want an innocent to lose their head.'
 
`Your time will come,' Kagome assured.
 
`Just like your beloved Youko?' Akago mocked as he softly chuckled.
 
“Shut up,” Kagome growled.
 
“Kagome?” Suiichi asked in confusion.
 
`It's not good to answer the voices in your head out loud,' Akago warned.
 
`You'll meet your father's fate,' Kagome promised.
 
`He was weak; he didn't think you a worthy opponent. But I saw your heart, I know better then him. You are prize, such purity can be turned to pure darkness,' Akago whispered in ecstasy.
 
`Bastard,' Kagome taunted.
 
`The bastard would be your beloved Youko…all that wonderful blood on his hands. His blood coated your arrow as he pleaded for your forgiveness and understanding. The betrayal was greater then Kikyo's and Inuyasha.'
 
“Kagome are you alright?” Suiichi asked as he tapped her shoulder.
 
“I'm fine,” Kagome quickly assured as she looked at him. He nodded and she looked back to find Akago gone.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
The next chapter will be where chapter 1 left off