Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon Miko ❯ Training ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Shikon Miko
Chapter VII
Training
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yuyu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do not make any money from writing these fan fics. I write them for my own enjoyment and the fact you'll tell me if they're good or bad.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
Shippo woke an hour after Kagome returned, and he found her dressing in the bathroom. Her clothing was loose, and she turned in time to see him enter. A slight smile was on her lips as she returned her attention to the mirror. "Morning Shippo."
 
Her voice was sweet and seemed less stressed than usual. He also noticed a slight change in her scent, but he had no idea what it was. "Morning momma."
 
"Want anything special for breakfast?"
 
"Pancakes?" He asked as he looked at her hopefully.
 
She turned and smiled at him. "Chocolate chip or blueberry."
 
"Chocolate chip!" The boy exclaimed excitedly.
 
"Alright." She said before heading outside and then downstairs. Half an hour later, Yusuke stumbled down into the kitchen and Kagome giggled at him. "Hungry?"
 
"Yeah. Make enough for my friends too?"
 
"I'm not finished yet, so I can."
 
"Good, cause I'm gonna call them over."
 
"Ok." Her giggles made him smile as he went to get the phone. He returned a few minutes later with a grin. "Have a seat. It'll be ready soon."
 
"Hope you don't mind, but my girlfriend's also coming over."
 
"I don't mind. Does she know about demons?"
 
"Hai."
 
"Good! I could use some friends that I can talk to... female friends."
 
"You don't like us males?" He asked with a fake hurt expression.
 
Giggles escaped her as she shook her head. "My father would prefer if my friends are of the female persuasion."
 
"And why do you care what he thinks?"
 
Her hand moved up to her hip and massaged it. The action did not go unnoticed by Yusuke. "I just don't want him to be mad at me." Before the spirit detective could comment, the doorbell rang. Kagome left the kitchen to open the door. Outside was Kazuma, Kurama, Hiei, and some girl. "You must be Keiko." She said as she held out her hand for the girl to shake.
 
"Ah.. Hi."
 
"I'm Kagome." She said simply as turned around. "Come on into the kitchen. Breakfast is almost done." With a smile, she turned and headed back to where she was making food. Keiko and the three guys followed her. When they reached it, they saw Rin, Shippo, Souta, and Kohaku sitting with Yusuke. Rin was sitting near the edge.
 
"Are they done yet mommy?" Shippo asked excitedly.
 
"Almost Shippo." Kagome said with a giggle. Turning her attention back to the skillet, she set out the plates. Keiko sat near Yusuke, Kuwabara sat on his other side, Kurama sat near Shippo, and Hiei sat beside Rin. Hiei and Rin once again got their plates first, followed by Shippo, Kohaku, and Souta. Then Keiko and Kurama, and finally Yusuke and Kuwabara.
 
Kagome herself sat down between Hiei and Rin with some. The action surprised all of 'her' children, but they all smiled anyways. They were happy to see that she was going to eat. They had no idea what had brought the change on, but they were glad for it. Perhaps now she wouldn't look like a stick and would start gaining some weight back.
 
Kagome didn't eat much, but it was more than she normally ate. She even managed to consume all of the food. Which for her not usually eating, was quite a task. Of course, the reason she was eating was something no one really knew. But everyone told her of how thin she was getting, so she figured she'd try to regain a healthy looking appearance. She didn't want Hiei to not like her appearance because she looked too thin and sickly.
 
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
A few hours later, and the guys had disappeared once again. Off to train at Genkai's. They had invited her and the children, but she declined. Her and the children were going to go train in the dojo. Power encased it as she raised shields and barriers. Hiding it from all who might try to harm those inside. Alarm spells were also placed. If a strange energy appeared around it, it would warn those inside.
 
Next she decided that it was time to train. Power began to swirl around her in strong wisps as she picked up her bone boomerang. Silver encased her as circled the weapon around her head. Releasing it, she waited for it to circle back to her. Power encased the entire weapon as he spun around and headed back for her. Reaching her hand up, she clasped the hold on it. It swung to rest on her back, dragging her back a few steps do to it's great force.
 
Shippo and Rin were practicing as well. Shippo used a katana while Rin targeted things with a bow and arrow. Souta used his twin katanas to deflect Kohaku's chain scythe and try to get close enough to disarm him. They were dueling. Kagome raised her weapon once again and hurled it across the room. On reflex, her hand snapped into the air, catching it, as it returned.
 
Concentrating, she pulled youki from the earth and molded it into a semi solid form. If struck, it would stop. It'd also be able to shock her with it's attacks. Whatever weapon it chose would send a jolt of youki through wherever it touched her skin. Quickly strapping a sword to her waist, she placed a bow and quiver across her back. Standing at the ready, she waited.
 
Power sizzled and crackled in a dance around Kagome's lithe frame. Silver flames danced along the skin as her eyes started to fleck with the color. No one in the dojo noticed as the four boys, an old woman, and an ice maiden entered. They were to enthralled in their own training. Kagome was battling her energy opponent with a speed unknown to most ningen.
 
Her aura surrounded her as she pushed power into her legs. It hastened her speed, allowing her to easily deflect and evade attacks. The energy sword quickly transformed into twin blades. A scratch appeared on the girl's arm as she tried to duck away and was hit. Power bubbled beneath her skin as the silver flames danced along the cut. Healing it. No one really knew, but her power had been awakening. The bad thing was that it tended to have a mind of it's own when let free.
 
The energy demon charged her and she pushed off the wall, backflipping over his head, and landing several feet behind. The hiraikotsu once again sailed through the air, but the being dodged it. Instead, sending a direct energy attack at her. Drawing her sword quickly, she easily deflected the blow. Pouring power into the sword, she sent out her own attack. As the giant boomerang returned, her left hand snapped up to clasp the hold.
 
Skidding back slightly, she took aim and fired off another attack with it. Throwing down some smoke as she did so. The demonic energy shielded it's eyes and dodged the attack, but Kagome was right behind it. Sword drawn and at the ready. Slicing through the energy, she landed gracefully on the other side and sheathed her sword. Reaching up with her right hand, she once again caught her heavy weapon.
 
They all noticed that she'd barely broken a sweat at that workout. But they also noticed her aura. Power emanated from her very being, feeling pure to the core. It pulsed in time with her heartbeat as she slowly moved away from the disintegrating energy. FInally she turned and noticed them. Her head cocked to the side as she observed them. Slowly, she approached and bowed her head to the new arrivals. "I'm afraid I don't know who you are."
 
"I am Genkai." Said the older woman.
 
"I'm Yukina." Said the other girl.
 
Kagome instantly noticed the girl's resemblance to Hiei. Then she noticed the girl's aura and gasped. "You're a Koorime!" Everyone tensed at her words, wondering what she was going to do. "But I didn't think the maidens really ever left their floating island? I mean, none of the ones I knew ever did... well, with one exception."
 
Yukina's eyes widened. "You know many Koorime?"
 
"Yes actually. I've met many during my travels. I've even crossed paths with a few rare demons." Thoughts began to drift back to her groups' travels, but she forcibly pushed them away.
 
"And when was it you traveled?" Genkai asked as she eyed Kagome critically.
 
"Over the last year." The girl answered smoothly and easily.
 
"Where did you travel?"
 
"Here and there." Kagome said with a shrug. "Normally wherever we thought our enemy was hiding." Turning to look at the children, she smiled. "I need to help them with their training now."
 
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
Kagome sat on her bed in her room, thinking over everything that had happened recently. Almost all of her family was dead, and she now had a lover. Something she'd never before thought of having. Not only that, but she was living with her father. A man that she had no desire to be near. At least she had Hiei though. He took her away. Away from her responsibility. Away from her chaotic life. Away from her mind, and away from herself. Or at least, who she was supposed to be.
 
In his arms, she was simply Kagome. A human woman that was no different from anyone else. With him, she could be herself. Wild, passionate, and most importantly... free. He made her feel free. A feeling that she truly loved. Hearing the window open, she smiled. He was here. Here to once again make her feel.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And a special thanks to all those who read and reviewed!