Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon Miko ❯ Getting Over Loss ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Shikon Miko
Chapter IX
Getting Over Loss
Disclaimer: I donotown Yuyu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I donotanymoney from writing these fan fics. I write them for my own enjoyment and the fact you'll tell me if they're good or bad.
----

It was difficult for Kagome to hold in the tears as she stood at the head of the building during the entire ceremony. It was even worse as she watched them lower the caskets into the ground, knowing that she’d never again be able to see or speak to her mother or grandfather. Souta did not share her strength and could be found nearby by with Kohaku’s arm wrapped around him for support. Rin and Shippo were also teary eyed, though they were both clinging to Yusuke.

Keiko was too busy to attend and sent her apologies, but Kuwabara had brought an older woman that he had introduced as his older sister, Shizuru. Kurama had come with Hiei tagging along, and Sanoske had Atsuko on his arm. Many others had shown up, though quite a few she didn’t recognize at all and saw as her father mingled with those ones. She mentally screamed at him for using her family’s death as a way to help his business expand.

At the end of the ceremony, Kagome and Souta both were mentally exhausted as they stepped back into a limo with the others. Kurama, Hiei, the Kuwabara siblings, and Atsuko all joined them while Sanoske said that he needed to return to work. Luckily Atsuko had decided to ride in the front seat, so they were all alone in the rear. The smaller children were huddled against their mother, one pressed into either side of her as they slept. Souta and Kohaku were also curled together and sleeping soundly.

Kagome looked up at the others and gave them all a tremulous smile. “Would you all care for some breakfast when we get home? I’m planning on making some anyway.”

“What ya planning on makin?” Yusuke questioned as he looked at her with curious eyes.

“I thought I’d fry up all the bacon and sausage and maybe make some scrambled eggs and French toast to go with it.”

“Sounds good to me if you really think you’re up to it. Just don’t overstress yourself right now, you should be restin.”

“I’ll call it an early evening tonight, but right now I just feel like I need to keep busy so that I don’t think about it all.”

“Alright,” the detective agreed as understood the need to keep moving in order to not let yourself think about painful thoughts or memories.

“If you’d like, I can make you something to all of you rest tonight so that you all have dreamless sleeps.” Kurama offered from his spot near Shizuru.

“I think that’s be helpful, thank-you,” she murmured as she looked over at him from her spot in the back. “How strong will it be?”

“A full dose ensures twelve hours of sleep while half of a dose would ensure six hours.”

“Could you make a full dose for each of the children please?”

/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
It was later that night and Kagome sighed sadly after having just gotten all of the children to sleep. Rin and Shippo shared a room with Kirara, while Kohaku and Souta had each decided to take separate rooms not too long ago. Kagome had just reached her own room when she noticed that Hiei was inside and waiting for her. “I doubt I’d be much fun tonight, Hiei.”

“I don’t expect to do anything. Take your shower and then come to bed.”

Kagome blinked as she heard those words before a soft smile touched her lips and she offered him her thanks for being so considerate. She gathered her nightwear before heading into her personal bathroom to wash the days stress from her skin. After forty minutes she was back in her room using her towel to dry her hair before tossing it into her clothes hamper and climbing onto the bed with her lover.

His arms wrapped around as he pulled her against his chest and slowly began running his fingers through her hair as he completely dried it. She burrowed into her warmth and when he softly commanded her to let it out, the tears finally began to fall. He paid the wetness on his shirt no mind as he continued stroking his fingers through her hair. She needed this and he was willing to give it to her as he easily pulled the blankets over the both of them. He settled in to spend the entire night with her.

It was only about an hour or two later that she had finally given in to her exhaustion and fallen into the land of sleep and that was when he felt the brush of another mind from another dimension. He allowed the link to open and heard the distinct voice of Mukuro as she asked him where he was and what he was doing. The fire demon replied that he was busy and that what with was none of her business before demanding to know what the demoness wanted with him. She told him that some demons had recently been causing trouble in her lands and that she wanted him to deal with it, but since he was busy she’d have one of the others  deal with it.

After that he let the link close and allowed himself to slip into a light sleep while he continued to hold her. He knew that if he moved he risked waking her and that she really needed her sleep as they had been up most the night for the past several nights and when he finally left her bed she still didn’t really sleep after that due to the painful memories that resurfaced in her sleep. He had been there once while she was sleeping and she began to cry and call out for someone named Inuyasha, begging them not to leave her alone again.

If he remembered right, Inuyasha had been the hanyou that she had fallen in love with during her travels. According to what Rin said the first morning, he had admitted to being in love with and choosing her with his dying breath. He supposed that something like that probably would be painful, but he had hoped that maybe she would start getting over the inu now that she was with him.

/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
Kagome smiled as she stood in the kitchen making breakfast at an early hour, waiting for all of the others to get up and come downstairs. It seemed that more often than not, Kuwabara stayed over at night. It also became common for the others to drop by and have breakfast as they all claimed her to be an amazing cook and said they couldn’t live without her food. Actually only Kuwabara and Yusuke said that, but they normally invited Kurama and sometimes others over. This morning she was pretty sure that he had planned on inviting Shizuru, Keiko, and Yukina over. He may have also mentioned someone else, but she wasn’t entirely certain.

Since she was entirely certain about who all was going to be there, she simply decided on making a very large breakfast where she would put platters of food on the actual dining room table. It wasn’t very long until Rin and Shippo were awake and in the kitchen asking what was for breakfast. She smiled at them and offered them the silverware and cups and asked them to set them around the dining room table. Kohaku and Souta followed shortly after them and were handed the plates to be set out and asked to make sure that the younger children had set the cups and silverware in the right areas.

Soon the rest were up, but she sent them away and told them that breakfast would be ready shortly. When their guests had arrived she was a little surprised to see a new young man that had a ‘Jr’ tattooed on his forehead and a pacifier in his mouth. Kagome just brushed it off and set about putting the food on serving platters and placing them out onto the large table in the separate dining room. When she was finished she called for the others and let them know that the food was ready and set out in the dining room.

Yusuke just grinned as he lead the way only to gain a large smirk as he saw the sheer amount of food that she had set out for them all. Before moving deeper into the room with the food he introduced her to Botan and Koenma before picking a spot and beginning to pile food on his plate quickly followed by Kuwabara and the children. Kagome just laughed at their antics with a genuine happy smile that all present seemed to notice, though some knew more about its importance than others. Most wondered how she had the will or the strength to be so happy, but one knew the answer as a slight smirk settled on his lips; a smirk that his fellow demon noticed and was instantly curious about.

----

I’m sorry that it took me so long to update this story, but my muse kind of ran away from me… then I’m pretty sure it either died or forgot to come back. But it’s all good because I’ve found a new one and hope to start writing more chapters soon.