Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Always ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Always
 
Once again, Kurama found himself staring at the door at the end of the hallway. The mysterious woman was still in there, with Hiei, and neither had bothered to leave for any reason. Water was easily accessed from the sink in Hiei's bathroom, but he had expected the hybrid to at least come out for food every once in a while. His mate was human, was she not?
 
She certainly felt human, despite the strange energy that crackled in the air and told him of her existence. The mere fact that she was in the human world, that Hiei had brought her to such a familiar place, told him she was human. And, in that case, she would definitely need substance every so often.
 
`Stop worrying about it so much, Red,' Youko sighed. `You're giving me a headache.'
 
Kurama snorted at the spirit fox's audacity. For as many headaches as he had gained from the spirit, it was only right that, once in a while, he returned the favor.
 
Youko did not take kindly to the thought, echoing his snort. `If you're going to continue this mantra, why don't you just go ask if they'd like something to eat? I mean, it isn't that hard, is it, Red?'
 
No, no it was not that hard. But, something inside of him, the same instinct that had forced him from the room in the first place, told him that it was not his place to do such a thing. And, honestly, Youko should know that.
 
`Don't act as if I don't know th—' Youko paused. `Hey, look at that.'
 
Twisting his head to the side, Kurama cast his eyes down the hallway and upon the last door. It opened only slightly, but the sound of voices echoed easily from the room and into his sensitive ears.
 
“Stay with me?” The woman's voice was soft, hesitant, and Kurama wondered briefly why Hiei's mate might ask such a question.
 
“I'll only be gone for a moment,” the hybrid replied.
 
“Stay with me, please.” Once more, she asked her question, but the underlying tone in her voice hinted to Kurama that she was not asking Hiei to stay in the room with her. No, she was asking something far more meaningful, he just did not know what it was.
 
Hiei's sigh was so soft that Kurama almost did not hear it, but it was there. “Always.”