Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Territory ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Territory
 
`Why that rotten little bastard!' Youko snarled.
 
Exiting his room, Kurama realized that Hiei had immediately raised his barrier the moment he sensed his awakening. He frowned a little at the thought, wondering what could have brought on the sudden change in his friend. Surely, with his mate constantly at his beck and call, he could not still be angry with him?
 
`You do realize what he's doing, don't you?' Youko spat.
 
Kurama believed it was always best not to answer the spirit when he first woke up. Youko was always irritated early in the morning, spitting and whining, because he had failed to receive the proper amount of sleep. He was a demon, so he did not need beauty sleep, which was normally the subject of his complaining.
 
Youko growled, wishing that he could, in some way, thoroughly beat the human his soul was attached to. `You miserable little whelp!' Youko cried. `I have every right to complain about your lack of rest! You never try to attract any handsome female, and you never try to relax in any way! I mean, honestly, is it so hard to, once in a while, sleep for more than five hours?!'
 
Kurama merely shook his head.
 
`Ugh, you miserable, low-life, idiotic—'
 
It really was a shame that, in some twisted way, Youko was insulting himself.
 
`I am not!' Youko declared. `And, besides, how did we manage to fall away from the fact that that little bastard Hiei is trying to take over my home and domain?!'
 
Kurama coughed politely into his hand. Yes, he wondered, how did they ever fall away from that subject?
 
`Don't mock me,' Youko hissed in a dark tone. `That little bastard thinks he can come in here and just start producing barriers! Well, I'll show him a thing or two once I manage to take over this body again!'
 
Kurama frowned quite suddenly. That was out of the question.
 
However, Youko continued to rant, `—He thinks that he can actually keep me, Youko, from stepping into what he has claimed as his territory! Well, that bastard has another thing coming! He might have a mate, and he might have that ridiculous need to constantly—!'
 
Briefly, Kurama wondered if it would ever end, as he moved into the kitchen. There was no point in attempting to see if Hiei wanted something, since the barrier he had created would no doubt repel him with the first touch. So, it was best to move about the day as he normally would, and pray that Youko would eventually calm down.
 
`Calm down?!' Youko roared. `Calm down?! When that little pipsqueak has challenged my claim to this territory? I don't think so!'
 
Kurama merely shook his head.
 
Youko snorted, saying, `I'll show you, Red. I'll show you and that blasted little fire demon that thinks he can steal what is mine!'