Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Blue ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Blue
 
Two days. Two days and still Hiei's barrier refused to lower.
 
Kurama was beginning to wonder what Hiei was feeding his mate, exactly, since there was no doubt in his mind that she needed nourishment sometime. There would be little chance of her becoming pregnant, or at least carrying a child to full term, if she did not receive the proper nutrition. And there was no doubt that Hiei would want to extend his line sometime in the future.
 
`That pipsqueak needs to die, and his mate can go with him for all I care,' Youko said. His mood ran in a very different direction, since Kurama refused to let him hunt down the hybrid and kill him for cutting him, Youko, off from a piece of his domain.
 
Kurama knew that Youko's attitude was growing foul, but there was truly nothing he could do until Hiei decided to drop his barrier.
 
`Bah!' Youko muttered. `There are plenty of things you could do, you just won't.'
 
For once the spirit fox had a point. He would not allow him to gain control of the body they shared, nor would be let him kill his friend after he had finally found happiness.
 
`Like he deserves to be happy,' Youko growled.
 
“That's not nice, Youko,” Kurama sighed.
 
`Yeah, well, neither is taking over my—!' Youko stopped. Then, a growl rumbled through Kurama's head, as he shouted, `That little bastard's finally left! Quick, Red, break into that damn room and show him that we cannot be hindered from entering a section of our home!'
 
No. Kurama might have noticed Hiei's disappearing energy signature, as well, but he was not about to overstep the boundary he had set when it came to his mate. That was a line he was not willing to cross, considering Hiei would most likely come for his head once he learned he had forcibly interacted with his precious mate.
 
Not only that, but he was not fond of the thought of dying. It had, technically, already happened to him once, and he had no desire to seek death a second time.
 
`You snot nosed coward!' Youko cried out in frustration. `If I could get my hands on you, I would—'
 
The sound of the last door down the hall opening halted Youko's sentence, and Kurama immediately went to take a glance down the short corridor. He did not believe that Hiei could have tricked him into believing he had left, so that left only one possibility. And, considering a small, black haired woman was exiting the room, it was clear to him that he would finally have his chance to meet Hiei's mate.
 
However, he was not expecting the reaction of his body when she glanced up and flashed her bright, shining blue eyes in his direction.
 
`Oh,' Youko gasped.
 
Hissing beneath his breath, Kurama felt pulled in two directions. Half of him retracted from the woman and her swirling aura, while the other drew itself toward her stunning dark blue eyes and the acceptance etched in them. Quickly, though, Kurama denied them both, as he stiffened his back and reminded himself time and again that she was Hiei's mate.
 
Youko sighed, `That's such a shame, isn't it, Red?'