Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Name ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Name
 
“Hello,” Kurama nodded. He could think of nothing else to say as Hiei's mate stood, nervous, in the hallway before him.
 
“Um, hello,” she bowed her head in greeting.
 
“Is there something you need?” Kurama asked. She looked so small just standing there, and it took him only a glance to realize that she was very small. If anything, she only stood maybe an inch or two taller than Hiei.
 
`Well—' if Youko could, he would frown, `—this is quickly going nowhere.'
 
Hiei's mate bowed her head once more, saying, “I wanted to look for a glass, if you don't mind. Hiei brought me one originally, but, um, I accidentally tipped it over and broke it.” She paused, before adding, “If you want, I'd be more than happy to pay for it.”
 
Kurama shook his head, as he said, “That won't be necessary.”
 
She nodded, biting her lip. “Oh—”
 
`Red, please tell me how that little bastard has suddenly gotten so lucky, when you cannot even find a handsome female to lay with?!' Youko whined suddenly. He effectively managed to create a few images of how that lip could be put to better use, and felt Kurama push each and every one away.
 
“—thank you,” she continued. Then, she paused for a long moment, before asking, “I don't know where anything is, so, I was wondering, could you show me where I could find another glass to use? I promise to have Hiei bring it out to be washed when I'm done using it, since he probably won't be happy about me, well—”
 
`Communicating with another person, instead of constantly having to shove his—'
 
Pushing the spirit away, Kurama finished her sentence by saying, “Leaving the room when he specifically ordered you to stay inside his barrier while he was away, and, most likely, with an added threat for my head should you speak as much as one word to me?”
 
She blushed, bowing her head. “That's not exactly what he said.”
 
The room filled with silence, as the woman shuffled her feet nervously. Kurama merely watched her, wondering what had made her so nervous. Yes, she did not know him, but surely she had to realize he would not bite her head off.
 
`There are a few things I'd like to bite,' Youko chuckled.
 
Kurama only sighed. He would not be biting anything, especially Hiei's mate.
 
“I'm—” the woman twisted a strand of hair around a finger, beginning to play with it, “—really sorry about all this. Hiei told me that it wouldn't bother you if he used the room down the hall, something about you not using it in the first place, but I'm still really sorry about the inconvenience that we must be causing you.”
 
“You're not an inconvenience,” Kurama said. “But, I would like to know the name of my friend's new mate.”
 
“Oh! I'm Higurashi Kagome, and you are?” she smiled.
 
`Kagome?' Youko mumbled. `Weird name.'
 
It was rather unique, but Kurama was not about to comment on it. Instead, he dipped his head in return, saying, “My name is Shuuichi, but you may call me Kurama if you like.”