Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Gone ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gone
 
A day ago, Kurama had come to the conclusion that Hiei had finally come to trust him with his mate. After all, he could finally stand to sit in her presence while she wandered from the last room down the hallway in Hiei's cloak.
 
`Yeah—' Kurama rolled his eyes as Youko drew out the word, `—or maybe the idiot just hasn't had the chance to rub up against her lately. I mean, you might not have noticed, being a prude and all, but I've noticed that her barrier seems to fall a lot less lately.'
 
Yes, and that was definitely a problem for the spirit.
 
`Well, if you would just agree to fu—'
 
It was not going to happen. Not with the pretty little shop owner. Not with the shy librarian. Not with the beautiful foreigner that happened to cross the street when he did. Not with the exotic woman that bent over to tie her shoe. Nor would it ever happen with any of the other beautiful women that Youko happened to point out from day to day.
 
`Prude,' Youko grumbled.
 
Kurama ignored the spirit in favor of casting a glance down the hallway. He had hoped that Hiei would eventually accept the fact that his little mate did not like to be locked away, and at least take her somewhere where she could experience something more than four walls. But, it seemed that the hybrid was still being ruled by instinct.
 
`Hey! Pay attention, Red!'
 
His attention pulled back to Kagome, Kurama asked, “Excuse me?”
 
The small woman smiled in a knowing way, before asking, “Can we change the channel? I've never really cared for horror films.”
 
“Do they frighten you?” Odd. Kurama would not have thought Hiei's mate, so full of fire, would be frightened by such a movie.
 
“No.” She shook her head. “They're just too fake to be real.”
 
Kurama nodded in agreement, though he found her phrase strange. Who was Higurashi Kagome that she knew the actual difference between fiction and reality? “I see—” he paused, as Kagome sighed in disappointment.
 
`Did you feel that?' Youko asked.
 
Indeed, he had.
 
`That little bastard's up to something,' Youko growled. `I know it. There's no other reason he would leave while his mate's sitting all cozy with another male.'
 
For a single moment, Kurama agreed with the spirit inside of him.