Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Possession ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Possession
 
Treading lightly, Kurama frowned at the numerous shards of glass that littered his living room. He was actually rather surprised that Hiei's entrance had not harmed anyone, considering any shard could have easily sliced through flesh with the energy Hiei had used to break the window in the first place.
 
Luck, apparently, had been on his side.
 
`Look at this mess!' Youko muttered. `We should go drag that blasted fire demon out here in order to clean all this up.'
 
“Do you think she'll be okay in there?” Keiko asked, as she attempted to help him.
 
Botan spoke up, her voice sad, “She's his mate. He wouldn't hurt her intentionally.”
 
“What I want to know is—” Kurama caught his angry stare, “—how come none of us were aware that Hiei had taken a mate, Kurama?”
 
He shrugged, saying, “It is not my place to tell you about Hiei's personal life, now is it, Yusuke?”
 
“Well, no, but this is something fucking important and we should have been told about it!” Yusuke scowled. Then, Kurama saw him turned to Botan from the corner of his eye. “And you! Why'd you have to piss her off in the first place by saying all that crap? You should know that we'll do anything to make sure Hiei gets to keep the mate he wants whether that stupid toddler says he can or can't.”
 
“I just thought that she should be aware—!”
 
“Don't give me that crap!” Yusuke shook his head. “You just—!”
 
The soft, caressing energy that Kurama had come to know all too well suddenly washed over them. He sighed when he felt it, knowing that Hiei's instinct had pushed him to purposely force his mate's barrier to falter so he could prove his point.
 
Hiiiiei!” The screech was muffled, but not nearly enough.
 
“Was that—?” Kurama knew by Keiko's quivering voice that she was blushing.
 
`Oh, how cute,' Youko mocked her. `Seriously, has that boy not—?'
 
Kurama really had no wish to know whether Yusuke had been with Keiko in such a way or not.
 
`Prude,' Youko snorted.
 
Turning his gaze toward the hallway, Kurama caught sight of Botan turning her own away in sadness as the next feminine scream was muffled by the hybrid's thick, dominating snarl. However, he could not force himself to feel sorry for the reaper in human flesh, considering she had asked for the punishment when she placed her affections with Hiei.
 
Yusuke scratched the back of his neck, smirking, as he asked, “So, uh, are we just going to stand here and listen, or should we, I don't know, go out for some pizza or something?”
 
`Oh, Inari!' Youko whined. `I had had so much faith in that boy, and now he disappoints me!'
 
Kurama did not feel Youko's pain.
 
`Everyone around me is a prude!' Youko whimpered. `Everyone.'