Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Spirited Away ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Spirited Away
 
`You've noticed, right?' Youko asked, while the sun began to fall from the sky.
 
Youko was correct, he had noticed that the hybrid was more clever than he gave him credit for. While he had known Hiei was intelligent, he had been rather surprised to find that the hybrid had been using his mate's barrier to cloak the area in her aura so it would be less obvious that she had been relocated.
 
`That little bastard probably just wanted to make sure that we didn't interact with her anymore, Red,' Youko snorted. `After all, you're technically the reason that Reikai is now aware of her existence. Or don't you remember that he attempted to choke us?'
 
It was not that he did not remember, it just seemed a little odd. Hiei's instinct had pushed him to move his mate to a safe location, most likely because some part of him wanted desperately to impregnate her, and the only reason Kurama could come up with as to why he would move her again, was because she was pregnant. After all, it was typical for demon males to move their mate often in an effort to protect them and their unborn child.
 
`Again, do I have to—?'
 
No, no he did not.
 
`Why you stubborn little—!'
 
“Really, now, Youko,” Kurama sighed. “It is rather childish to insult yourself.”
 
The spirit growled, saying, `Don't think that I'll forget everything that's happened just because that little fire brat is gone, Red.'
 
Kurama would not dream of it.
 
`I mean it, Red,' Youko snarled. `I'll get that bastard back for not only blocking me from a piece of my territory, stealing my food, and trying to choke me, but also for everything else that he's ever done to me. I promise you that, because when I do, there will be nothing you can do about it.'
 
It really was a shame that Youko would never get his wish.
 
`You just wait and see,' Youko promised, his tone dark.