Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Home ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Home
 
“Fox.”
 
Blinking at the familiar tone, Kurama wondered if Hiei had suddenly decided to forgive him. Yet, he knew that that could not be right, considering Hiei was one to hold and every detail against another until the very end.
 
“Don't give me that look,” Hiei said. “I'm not here because I've forgotten your little stunt.”
 
“Then why are you here, Hiei?” Kurama asked. The best way to gain information, he supposed, was by asking. After all, unlike Hiei, he did not possess any current way to probe and access another's mind.
 
“Kagome requested that I thank you for allowing us to occupy the back room, despite the fact I told her it would only be a waste of time.” Hiei turned his head to the side, glaring at the wall that came into his sight.
 
`She probably denied him sex,' Youko laughed.
 
“Oh?” Kurama ignored Youko, as he saw the best opportunity to ask the question that had been plaguing him for some time. “I'm actually rather curious about something else, if you're willing to indulge me a little more, Hiei.”
 
His head snapped in his direction, and the suspicion in his eyes was clear as day. But, after a moment, the hybrid's curiosity won out. “What is it you want, fox?”
 
“I'm merely wondering where you took your mate?” Kurama eyed him for a moment. “The thought has been plaguing me for quite some time now, as it is not likely you've taken her into the Makai. A miko hidden, even well, amongst demons would attract a lot of attention.”
 
Hiei snorted, as he stated, “You don't even know the extent of my mate's power, fox. It is best if you do not make such ridiculous assumptions, considering she could easily protect herself in the Makai even without my help.”
 
“Surely you did not—” Kurama felt his eyes widen.
 
“Of course not.” Hiei was silent for a moment, before continuing, “I took her home to see her family.”
 
Lowering his head, Kurama smiled to himself. Of course. It really should not be such a surprise that the answer was so simple.
 
`See, I told you.' Youko snickered. `That's the only reason he's here.'