Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story ❯ Advisory ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi. I am so sorry I haven't updated in so long but I have been busy lately. I will try not to wait so long to update again. Well. Enjoy!

***

Ding

Ding

Di---

Kagome slapped the alarm clock onto the floor and sat up. She yawned and stretched. `My first day at a new school, How fun' sitting up she went to look at her new uniform. It was blue and yellow and the skirt was much longer then her old one, she knew Miroku wouldn't be happy about that and thinking about it made her giggle a little.

She could hear her mother calling from the down stares "Kagome! Are you almost ready to go?"

"Almost. I just need to change" She had showered last night so that she wouldn't have to rush in the morning and was glad she did because she had to wake up a full hour earlier now. It wasn't that the miko wasn't a morning person, she just had to make up for when she was in feudal times. She was used to waking up at a moments notice so she didn't get much sleep. But that's the price you pay when you shatter the shikon-no-tama.

She quickly got dressed and ran downstairs to eat breakfast. "Hi mom. How long until we have to go?"

"15 minutes"

"Ok thanks I'll be ready to go" she started to eat her meal, which she finished with a lot of time to spare. "Can we leave now?"

"Let me just finish my coffee"

In the car Mrs. Higurashi told her daughter not to worry about her first day, to which Kagome giggled. "Mom, I have slain who knows how many demons, I think I can handle a day at school, even if `said' school has the worse rep in the city."

That caused Mrs. Higurashi to laugh too as she pulled into the parking lot. "I guess you're right, I hope you have a good day anyway."

The young woman kissed her mother goodbye and got out of the car. Looking around she saw a fight going on, but that's not what amazed her. She was awed, that not that many people cared. They just kept doing what they were doing, they were used to it. That meant that this must happen so often that the teachers barely cared, she even though that she saw one cheering them on but she just shook it off and walked into the building.

The inside of the school was in surprisingly good shape though; barely any lockers were broken or written on. There were some, just not many. `Maybe I could get used to this.' As she finished that thought she heard a girl that sounded about her age yell "Yusuke Urameshi! Get back here!"

`What was that?' as if to answer her thought Kayko walked over to her and stopped. "Which way did he go?"

"Which way did who go?"

"Are you new?" Kagome nodded. "Oh, you are Kagome Higurashi, right?" again Kagome nodded. "Oh, I am Kayko. I was told by Mr. Takanaka to show you around school."

"What about that Urameshi person?"

"Oh, him. Don't worry about it. He is a friend of mine. I was just trying to stop him from cutting class again but he never listens."

Kagome giggled, "sounds like it's hard"

"Yea but if I don't bug him about it her won't ever show up" Kayko and Kagome both laughed for a little while then Kayko looked at her watch. "Oh we talked too long. Class will start any-"

Ding

Ding

Ding

"Minute. Ok let me see your schedule. I will take you to your advisory."

Kagome dug threw her oversized book bag and found a piece of paper that she handed to Kayko.

"Oh, you have Mr. Takanaka. That means we are in the same homeroom. He is one of the nicest teachers in the school."

"Really? That's good."

"Yea. We should hurry to class though or we will be marked late and get a detention."

Both girls entered class as Mr. Takanaka started to take attendance.

"Class we have a new student joining us today her name is Kagome Higurashi."

Some of the boy's whistled causing Kagome to blush. "You can pick your set Miss Higurashi." She chose an open set next to Kayko, put her stuff down and began to look at her schedule.

"Where is room 418?"

"Oh you have Mr. Iwamoto for math?"

"Yea. He is my first class"

"Ok, he is a good teacher but he is very strict. He won't care if you are new, if you are 30 seconds late you will get a weeks detentions."

A girl walked over to Kagome and Kayko when she heard whom they were talking about. "I heard he once tried to get a kid expelled for being at the nurse during his class."

Another girl came over "wasn't that kid Yusuke Urameshi?"

Kayko cleared her throat ant told her new miko friend where Mr. Iwamoto's class was.

***

I tried to make this chapter a little longer but I had really bad writer's block. It took me 3 days just to type this much. I'll try harder to get the chapters to start being longer.

Well R&R please. And thanks to those of you who did.