Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story ❯ Meeting New Friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am once again sorry for waiting so long to update and I know you all don't want to hear excuses. I am so happy to be getting as many positive reviews as I have, and not 1 flame. I love all of the suggestions and recommendations, it is very much appreciated. As for the pairings I don't really know what they will be yet, I really don't know what will happen in the story. I am just letting my fingers control the words, so blame them if it ends up being bad.

~~~~Disclaimer (thank you Ayame x23 for telling me that I forgot it): I do not own Inuyasha or Yu-Yu Hakusho (my spell check wanted to change this to Hawkish, lol), I wish I did but my parents won't let me; so both shows still belong to there rightful owners.

***

The bell rung so Kagome and Kayko gathered there books and left the room. Kayko went left and Kagome followed her directions and went straight. Kagome kept walking until she got to a door that read "Iwamoto" she sighed, adjusted her skirt and opened the door; however at that moment a young man with long red head was exiting the room (guess who) and bumped in to her knocking her down.

"I am sorry, are you ok?" He reached a hand out to help her up.

"Yea, no harm done" she grabbed his hand and stood up

"Once again I am so sorry Miss-" The red head paused, he had never seen this girl before but he knew all the girls in this schools names. Who was she?

"Higurashi"

"What?"

"My name, it is Kagome Higurashi. What is yours?"

"Shuuichi Minamino (the spell check wanted to change this to Squishy, lol!). Pleased to meet you" He bowed

The miko also bowed "nice to meet you too" the bell rang so they shuck hand and went to there own classes. The miko felt something about this boy was strange but ignored it and sat down in the first row and took out her notebook. The class began to come in. Soon the teacher stood up and went to close the door; however a tall, rather stupid looking, redhead was coming in. Mr. Iwamoto simply went to his desk and got a piece of paper, which he handed to the boy.

"A detention for being tardy Mr. Kuwabara (thank you to those who helped me with the name problem!)"

"What! The bell only rang a second ago"

"Then you should have been seated a second ago"

Kuwabara muttered something under his breath then walked over and took the open seat 2 behind Kagome.

Mr. Iwamoto began to talk to the students "take out your textbooks and read pages 853-857. When you finish that do the work on page 861."

Kagome stood up and walked over to his desk to get a textbook. "Um excuse me. I need a book."

"You must be the new girl I was told about. Your book is over there; however I would just like to let you know that if you miss as much school as you did at the other school you will be expected to make up all your work plus anything else I feel you need to do."

She nodded, grabbed her book and returned to her seat to work on the class work. `Algebra. I hate algebra.' She looked at the paper and started to work on page 861 until class ended. (I have such bad writes block I should stop here but I will try to write more)

The rest of her day was uneventful; her free period was different from Kayko's so she had no one to sit with for lunch and sat at an empty table. At least it was until 3 boys sat down at it right before she did. She knew 2 of them were Shuuichi Minamino and Kuwabara but had no clue who the other boy was.

Shuuichi Minamino noticed that she had been about to sit down. "Miss Higurashi, feel free to join us. We have more then enough room for you"

"No that's ok Mr. Minamino. I'll find somewhere else to sit"

"No it's the least I could do for knocking you down earlier'

Kagome smiled and sat down on the same side as Kurama but as far from him as she could manage without falling off the bench. "Thank you"

"Hey Kurama is this your girlfriend?" Yusuke joked causing Kagome to be confused.

"Who is Kurama?" Kagome asked

"Me. It is my nickname" Kurama answered, but this caused Kagome to blush.

Changing the subject she quickly asked, "What are your names? Mine is Kagome Higurashi"

"I'm Yusuke and the bozo checking you out is Kazuma Kuwabara" this caused Kagome to blush like crazy and look at Kuwabara, who was indeed checking her out.

The girl smiled sweetly and began to talk very kindly "Excuse me Mr. Kuwabara"

The idiot smiled and stupidly said, "Yes?"

Kagome's smile faded away and she yelled, "stare at your own chest!" Kuwabara anime fell backwards and Yusuke cracked up "but his isn't nearly as nice as yours" that little statement earned him a slap from the very embarrassed miko who's face was redder the Kurama's hair at the moment. Speaking of Kurama he was laughing at his 2 human friends misfortune.

"Wow, you slap hard for a girl, especially a cute one"

"Hey! Wait aren't you Kayko's boyfriend?"

"Wha…. no…. we are just friends…wait how do you know Kayko?"

"She is in my homeroom, she showed me around the school"

"Oh you are that new girl huh?" Kuwabara stated

"Well yes. That reminds me do any of you know where Mr. Kaindo's (I made this name up) room is?"

Kurama looked up and nodded "He is my next class."

"Mine too. Mr. Kaindo for ancient history of feudal Japan" Kagome smiled `I'll be able to pass this class with ease' she thought but at that moment the bell rang.

"I'll walk you to his room" the kind red head told her

"Thank you Mr. Minamino"

"You can call me Kurama. We aren't that formal here"

"Thank you Mr.…Kurama. And you can call me Kagome. Good bye Kazuma and Yusuke"

"Catch ya later" said the boy with a handprint on his face. Kuwabara however was still checking her out.

***

Well. I hope you like it. I really am trying to make the chapters longer

Remember R&R!