Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story ❯ When story lines mix ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I didn't like last chapter and I guess some of my readers didn't either. About the way Kagome was acting when she was in Kurama's room. I was typing that part while watching the news so I just typed how I thought a girl would act if she was dragged to a guy's room in this day and age. I might have gone too far with the weak/scared girl act. But I am not apologizing anymore for that or for not posting soon enough.
In Koenma's Office-
After a visit with his father/boss, Koenma walked into his office to see a human girl sitting in a chair, a demon standing around her, one waiting in the corner and the grim reaper leaving through a portal. He took his seat at the large desk in the center of the room. He looks at Kurama and Hiei before looking at the miko.
“Higurashi, Kagome?”
In response to her name being called Kagome looked up. “Yes that is me. Why was I taken here? I hope you know this is against the law”
“You are a shrine madden, Am I correct?”
“Well my family as run a Shinto shrine for generations so I guess you could say so”
“That may be so but only you can control strong spiritual energy. We know about the dog demon that kidnapped you. You don't need to protect him. Just tell us where he is”
“WHAT! InuYasha didn't kidnap me! I went of my own free will. And as far as telling you where he is, you'd think I was crazy if I told you. Besides I have no reason to trust any of you. As far as I am concerned, a classmate of mine and his friend are the only people who ever kidnap” Just then Boton returned with Yuskue and Kuwabara, both of them still yawning.
Yuskue was the first to speak “What's the big idea! Waking me up in the middle of the night?” he then turned to see Kagome. “Oh hey Kagome”
Kagome just kind of stared at Yuskue then spoke again “What will Kayko show up next? Or will I just be drugged and murdered?”
Kuwabara then began waking up “No one will hurt my lovely Kagome!”
Yuskue smacked him on the head. “What about Yukina!”
Kuwabara got starry-eyed and looked towards the ceiling. “My fair Yukina none will replace you!”
Hiei looked like he was about to puke, that and kill Kuwabara.
Koenma stepped in to stop Hiei from hurting the human. “Kagome, tell us about the dog demon. How did he get into this realm?”
“Realm? What are you talking about!?!?”
“Do you know anything about the dog demon? Or was this the first time you met him? This is important so we can deport him to the demon realm, so that he won't hurt people in this realm”
Kagome then jumped up and started yelling. “InuYasha never hurt anyone and I know that for a fact! He is not from the demon realm; he is from this realm and always has been.”
“That's not possible. For the past 50 years we have kept a record of every demon in this realm.”
“I never said he was from the past 50 years”
InuYasha was growing bored of sitting around doing nothing. Even annoying Shippo was less fun when Kagome wasn't there to stop him. He always acted this way when Kagome left though, however Sango and Miroku knew better then to tell the miko that InuYasha acted like a love sick puppy when she was gone. Finally when he could take it no longer he jumped over to the well and jumped in. He could at least keep an eye on the priestess.
As the blue light encircled him he wondered if he was doing the right thing. He was always spying on Kagome without her knowing (not in the perverted way!); it was for her own protection he kept telling himself. This world is dangerous, she needs me here'
When the blue light disappeared and he arrived in modern Japan he jumped from the well, he opened the doors and saw Souta. Before he could get away, Kagome's little brother had the dog demon by the arm and was leading into the house.
When he finally was free he spoke “Where is Kagome?”
The boy looked confused. “She hasn't gotten home yet. Isn't she with you?”
The dog demon then ran outside and started looking around, and then he caught the scent of a demon. It was a weak scent but he could tell the demon had been there within the last hour. He kept looking around and noticed that there was more of the scent. InuYasha kept sniffing around until Kagome's mom came out and told him to come inside for some dinner.
Koenma looked confused.
“What do you mean? Our records show us all of the demons no matter their age. The only way that what you say could be true is if he wasn't from this time. But that's not possible”
Kagome then decided to shut up before Koenma realized that what he said was correct. Hiei was bored out of his mind and didn't feel like interrogating a weak human girl. So without a word to anyone Hiei left the tiny office and decided to go back to Kagome's house to wait for the dog demon to come looking for her.
InuYasha reluctantly went into the house and ate some dinner with Kagome's family, however he was feeling incredibly guilty so he ate his food in one giant bite and ran back out side to follow the scent. When he got there he noticed it was somehow stronger. He followed the smell to the giant tree in the middle of the yard. When he got there he saw Hiei looking down at him.
“Hello mutt”
With out thinking the dog demon jumped at the short demon and pulled out his sword.
“What did you do with Kagome?
Hiei vanished before InuYasha's eyes and reappeared behind him. He then held his sword to InuYasha's neck before he spoke. “I have no interest in that weak human girl. You will see her soon enough” Hiei then dropped the dog from the tree and called Boton. Within seconds the ferry girl came.
InuYasha looked at her. “Where is Kagome?” He asked again.
Boton looked at him. “Oh you must be the dog demon! Don't worry Kagome is perfectly fine. Koenma just wanted to talk to her. If you follow me I'll take you too her”
She then opened another portal and led them into her boss's office. When they got there they saw Kagome and Yuskue fighting over how Yuskue treats Kayko. Boton could tell they were getting nowhere with the interrogation.
InuYasha looked around and ran over to Kagome. “Are you ok wench? I told you not to come back here! Stand back while I take care of theses people!”