Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Training ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: S1C: Do I have to do this every time?!?!

Kagome: Probably.

S1C: Fine. I don't own Inu-Yasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I only own Nina. And the plot. Anyways, here's the next chapter. Hope you like it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Kagome was looking at the stairs in front of her. "Please tell me we don't have to go up all those stairs." She said, turning to Nina.

Nina smiled again, wickedly. "Welcome to the beginning to your training." She said, as she started walking up the steps. Kagome groaned. `What did I get myself into?' she wondered to herself.

When they finally got to the top of the stairs, Kagome felt like she was going to die of exhaustion, while Nina hadn't even broken a sweat.

"Come on." Nina said, is what Kagome decided was a way too cheerful voice. "First" Nina said, "I'll show you where you can drop your stuff off. Then I'll show you around a bit."

Nina walked towards the building in front of her. She got to the building, and looked back. Kagome was just about staggering towards where she stood. She waited patiently. When Kagome got to where she was standing, Nina started walking to the left side of the building. Kagome followed, slowly.

Nina walked, and then paused in front of a door. She slid it open, and looked in. "Okay" she said, turning to Kagome. "This can be your room." Kagome looked inside the room. It was rather bare. It had a bed, a closet, and a dresser. Kagome turned to Nina and looked at her, skeptically.

"This is where I'm going to sty?" Kagome asked, disbelief in her voice. "There's nothing in there!" "Yes, this is where you're going to stay. And yes, I know that's not much of anything in there. You're not going to be spending any time in here. This is just going to be where you sleep. So you don't need anything to be in here, really." Nina explained.

"What am I going to be doing all day that I won't have any time to append in my bedroom?" Kagome asked, a bit of annoyance in her voice. "You'll be training." Nina said, patiently. "All day?!" Kagome yelled, not believing Nina at all. Nina winched a bit. "Yes" she said, starting to sound exasperated. "You'll be working and training all day." Kagome groaned. "Is it too late to change my mind?" she asked Nina.

Nina looked at Kagome, her expression serious. "Kagome" Nina said, looking Kagome in the eye. "I do not want you to get killed. Without training, you'll end up getting killed." "No I won't!" Kagome protested, "Inu-Yasha'll protect me!" Nina looked at her. "Are you really sure about that? Yes, I know that he made a promise to protect you, but he also made a promise to Kikyo, didn't he?" Kagome bit her lip, "I…I don't know!" Tears filled her eyes.

Nina sighed, "I'm sorry Kagome, but you need to face the truth, no matter how painful it is." Kagome nodded mutely. Nina hugged her, and Kagome started sobbing on her shoulder. After Kagome stopped sobbing, Nina peeled her off her shoulder.

"Why don't you change, and I'll show you around." Nina said. "Okay." Said Kagome.

Nina sat on the porch that ran around the entire house. She turned when she heard the door slid open. Kagome stood there. "Is this better?" she asked. Nina looked at her. She was wearing a tank top, a pair of loose pants, and tennis shoes. "Mush better" Nina said, nodding. "Come on" Nina said, as she stood up, "I'll show you around a bit now."

Nina showed Kagome the indoor training area, and the outdoor area, which was partially packed dirt, and part stone. Stone floor around and near the building, and dirt farther away from the building.

Nina then took Kagome into the house. She led Kagome to a different part of the house from where her bedroom was.

Nina stopped in front of a door, slid it open a bit, and peered in. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise. Kagome who was standing behind her, didn't see that, and was wondering why Nina was just standing here. "Are we just going to stand here or what?" Kagome asked. "Hold on a second." Nina said, as she slid the door open some more and slipped in.

"Hey" Nina said. Everyone in the room turned, startled. "Hello" Yukina said, smiling. "Hey" Yusuke said. Nina smiled at everyone. "What are those two doing here?" she asked, nodding at Jin and Touya. "They're going to be helping Yusuke with his next case. Koenma's orders." Botan piped up. "Yusuke and Jin together?" Nina shook her head. "God, Koenma, what are you thinking?"

"Oh" Nina said, suddenly remembering "I want you guys to meet a friend of mine. Keiko already knows her." "I do?" Keiko looked at Nina, who just smiled at her. "Oh!" Keiko blinked when she realized who Nina meant.

Nina walked over to the door and slid it open. She caught Kagome's wrist, and tugged her into the room. She turned, "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Kagome."
Kagome looked around the room filled with strangers. She saw a face she recognized. "Keiko!" she said, smiling. "Hi Kagome" Keiko said, getting up. Keiko went over to where Kagome and Nina were standing. She hugged Kagome, who hugged back.

"Why's she here?" Yusuke asked. Nina smiled. "She's here for training." "Training?" Kuwabara repeated stupidly. "What kind of training? Shizuru asked. "She's a miko" Nina said, glancing at all the demons present. "She could probably purify all the demon's her. But she needs training. So she's going to get miko training." "Is that all?" Kagome asked. "No" Nina said cheerfully.

"Grandma" Nina said, looking at Genkai "Could you help me to train her. In fighting and all?" "Sure" Genkai said, nodding.

"Hey!" Yusuke yelled "how come she can call you grandma and not get smacked?!" "Because" Nina said, rolling her eyes. "She is my grandma. Kind of." "She is?" Yusuke looked startled. "Pretty much" Nina said, nodding. Yusuke stared at her, then at Genkai, then back at Nina again. "What do you mean `pretty much'?" asked Botan. Nina shook her head, looking sad, but also uncomfortable. "I don't want to talk about it." She said quietly.

Kagome had stood next to Nina the whole time, looking very confused. She poked Nina in the arm, getting the other girl's attention. "Yes Kagome?"
"Who are all these people?" Kagome whispered in her ear. "They're my friends." Nina said. "Oh, did you want introductions?" Nina asked, her eyes dancing. Kagome glared at her. "What do you think?" she grumbled. "Ok, ok. I get it." Nina said, raising her hands up, laughing.

"Let's see." Nina muttered to herself. "That's Genkai" Nina said, gesturing over at her. "She's going to be helping me with your training." "Hello" Kagome said. Genkai nodded "Hello." "That's Yusuke, grandma's pupil." "Former pupil!" Yusuke yelled. Nina laughed. "Ok, fine. Former pupil." "I feel sorry for you." Yusuke said. "Why?" Kagome asked, looking at him. "Cause you get to train with the old hag." Yusuke said. Nina calmly kicked at Yusuke. The shoe she was wearing flew off her foot, and hit Yusuke square in the face. "Score!" Nina cheered. "Ow!" Yusuke had a hand over where Nina's shoe had hit. "Wha the hell was that for?!" Nina just looked at him, took off her other shoe, and picked it up. "Do you want me to throw my other shoe at you?" she asked. "If you don't, then you better just shut up!"

Yusuke turned around grumbling, and muttered something that sounded a lot like `bitch.' "What was that Yusuke? Would you care to repeat that so I can heat?" Nina asked, in a falsely sweet voice. Yusuke paled. "Nothing" he said quickly. "I didn't say anything" "Okay" Nina said, satisfied with that for the moment.

*That whole shoes part. You gotta know me and my dad to understand. ^-^ Kasa understands thought. Very well. *

"Okay" Nina said, continuing on as if nothing had happened. "That's Kuwabara. He goes to school with Keiko and Yusuke. When Yusuke actually does go to school. He's also a spirit detective. I think." "Hello" said Kagome, smiling. "Hey" Kuwabara said. "And that" Nina said, gesturing over to Shizuru "is Kuwabara's older sister. She's go a sixth sense, or something. Like Kuwabara." "Hi" Kagome smiled. "Hey" Shizuru smiled back. `There's something about this girl…' Shizuru thought. `Maybe it's just her miko powers.' Shizuru shrugged to herself. "Plus" Nina said grinning as she said a little more about Shizuru, "She can kick Kuwabara's butt!" "Hey!" Kuwabara yelled, while everyone else just ignored him. Nina just ignored Kuwabara's yelling as she continued with the introductions.

"This is Kurama" Nina said, smiling at the red head. "He's a human, with a demon's spirit. If you wanna know the whole story, ask him. I just really simplified it." "Hello" Kurama said, smiling at Kagome. "Nina's mentioned you a lot. She speaks very highly of you. Its nice to finally meet you." "It's nice to meet you too." Kagome said, blushing a bit. Nina smiled. "That one over there" Nina tilted her head in Hiei's direction "is Hiei, He's a demon also." Nina leaned over to whisper in Kagome's ear. "He's not exactly what you'd call nice or polite, so don't take anything he says personally. He's actually ok, once you get to actually know him. But don't tell him I said that. He wouldn't be too happy with me." Kagome giggled. "Hi" Kagome said, smiling at Hiei, who just looked at her. "Hn" he said, turning his head, and ignoring Kagome, along with everyone else. Nina grabbed Kagome's shoulder to prevent her from going over and trying to hurt Hiei. "Remember what I just said." Nina murmured softly. Kagome said nothing, as she continued to glare at Hiei, who in turn, ignored her.

*To everyone who thought that Kagome and Hiei would just see each other and fall in love, THINK AGAIN!!! Mwahahaha! I'm gonna have fun with this VERY rocky relationship. *grins wickedly* Kagome: Oh no… Hiei: ….Hn….*

Nina sweat dropped. "Okay, moving on now." She smiled. "This is Yukina, she's an Ice Apparition." "An Ice Apparition? Is she like an ice demon?" Kagome asked. "Err… Not exactly, but close enough." Nina said.

"Yukina!" Nina said, suddenly thinking of something. "Yes Nina?" Yukina looked at Nina curiously. "Do you think you could help me with Kagome by helping me teach her healing?" "Of course." Yukina said, smiling. "Great! Thanks Yukina." Yukina smiled. "You're welcome."

"I'll be learning healing?" Kagome asked. "Yep." Nina smiled at her. "You'll get to learn a couple different methods of healing. It'll be very useful for when you go back." "Great!" Kagome cheered. She turned to Yukina. "Thank you very much." She bowed a bit. "You're welcome" Yukina replied, smiling at Kagome. `I like her. She seems really nice.' Yukina thought.

"That's Touya. He's an Ice master." "Hello" Touya said, with a small smile. "Hi" Kagome said cheerfully.

"And that's Jin, the wind master" Nina said, shaking her head a bit. "Just a bit of advice, don't try talking to Jin when he's excited or anything. It's impossible to understand him. If you head him talking really fast, with a heavy accent, then you know he's excited." Kagome giggled a bit. "Hello" she said, smiling at Jin. "Hello there lass." Jin said.

"And" Nina said turning "last is Botan. Botan is a ferry girl for Rekai, or Spirit World. She is also Yusuke's assistant, meaning she helps him with his cases by giving him information." "Hello there" Botan said cheerfully. "Hi" Kagome smiled.

"Now" Nina said, turning to look at Kagome. "We should go get you some more pants and stuff to wear. I wan t to start your training tomorrow. Morning. That means you get to wake up early." "Oh great" Kagome groaned. "Early to you is the crack of dawn just about." "Yep" Nina said, smiling. "I wake up about then, but you get to sleep in a bit. I need my coffee in the morning to be civil, so I'm not going to wake you until after the caffeine wakes me up." "By civil" Kagome said, smiling wickedly "do you mean that before you have your coffee your real bitchy?" Nina chuckled. "That sounds about right." "Ok" Nina said "We'll leave now to go shopping and we'll probably be back in about an hour of so, so we'll be back in time for dinner." She turned. "Later guys." She than walked out of the room, with Kagome following behind her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

I feel so loved! I'm so glad everyone seems to like this story so far. Thanks to everyone who reviews. ^-^ Just because I can, all the reviewers get lots of cookies. And everyone who reviews before New Year's gets cookies. ^-^

From Media Miner:

amanda01: Here's the update. ^-^ hehehe, I just make lots of short chapters, I really should try to make them longer.

Mistriss: Thank you! I feel so loved! *glomp* I don't hate algebra, really I don't I took it last year. I actually would rather be back in algebra class than in geometry. *shudders* Make the shaped go away! Make them go away!

BloodyChrystal: Cool name. ^-^ That's ok. I'm glad you like this one. You're honest at least. That's good.

Mija aka Maryann: Yay! *glomps* I'm on someone's favorite's list! I look forward to writing Kagome and Hiei's interaction. It'll be interesting to say the least. Some parts will probably be funny, I hope. Yep, even thought Hiei's short, he's still cute. Yay! *glomps even harder* I have her friends' names! *hands Mija a batch of cookies* THANK YOU!!! I agree, her friends are bossy. I think they all might need a hard bonk on the head. Thanks. ^-^

Fox_Demon: Thanks you. You'll find out more about what Nina is later on. You'll see why she's not comfortable about her past. And I won't say anymore because I don't wanna give away anything.

rosie13: Thanks. Sorry, this isn't a Kagome/ Kurama fic. My other crossover one is though. If you want that pairing, go read `Kagome in Spirit World.'

AnImEAnGeL97: Thank you! Here's the update. ^-^

Shini Maxwell: *laughs* Yep, I can tell your favorite character is Hiei. Does that mean you hate Kuwabara, the idiot?

Maibe1.0: *chokes* What?!?! *starts breathing again* Umm…. Maybe, I'm not sure yet. *chokes again* A…..master piece….?! @_@ …Wow… I feel loved! *glomps* If you do Ranma with Inu, it MAY make a bit of sense, with FLCL, all I can think of is… CHAOS! ^-^ hehehe causing chaos and mayhem is fun… Five years, wow *sympathetic pat on the head*hmm… That's how long I've lived in Seattle… That's how I was a few weeks ago. Kasa: Yeah, it was kinda scary. Me: Scary? Don't you think that's a bit of an understatement? I can understand the whole `wanting to kill something' part. That's ok. Thank you! *hands her a HUGE thing of cookies*

White Fox 612: Wow! *does a happy dance* one of my favorite authors is reading my fic. Yay! ^-^hehe *glomps* Yusuke might have something done to him by Kagome. I don't know yet. And I'm the one writing it! ^-^' But Nina does throw a shoe at him. Shoes make great weapons. Except for the fact that the person might keep your shoes. Then you have to either steal them back or take their shoes.

From Fan Fiction:

miko: Thank you! ^-^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure that she does that algebra. Thanks. ^-^

YuYuGang-Kagome r the Best: Thanks. Is this soon?

wintersbloodtear: Thank you! *glomp* Yay! A repeated reviewer! ^-^ hehehe

Kay-san1: Thank you! ^-^ *grins and glomps*