Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again!

I got some emails asking why Ranma couldn't sense Boton wasn't human and the answer is really simple.

While Boton and the gang are going to school, Boton has a human body just not a very normal aura. Remember Koenma gave her a human body to be Yusuke's partner sometime in the early episodes?

Plus people are hoping this will be Boton/Ranma and Kurama/Hiei fic. Boton and Ranma will probable get together if I get some more reviews but I am really sorry for those who want Kurama/Hiei. You see I luv Kurama and have a copy of him and my lil sis is obsessed with Hiei and if I wrote them together she'd kill me. All lil sis are very scary when their mad. *shudder*

Anyway here's the next chapter for all of the reviews I got! Thank you guys and girls!

Last time:

Hiei followed Ranma & Boton after they came out of the doctor's office and he swore his heart skipped a beat when they almost smashed into a glass building. He decided to incinerate that annoying building later. There were a few up sides to have power over fire and ice.

He didn't even listen to Ranma's story. While Ranma was distracted he looked into his past and saw almost everything.

Age 5: Thrown into a pit of starving cats, almost killed

Age 6: Being thrown off a cliff to master a technique

Age 7: Being tied to the back of a train to learn to run faster

Age 8: Breaking several bones for trying to roof-hop

Hiei saw the failed wedding and the battle with Saffron because they were the buried with the other ones.

Hiei felt extreme sympathy for the boy.

"talking"

`thinking'

(AN)

~Kurama talking to Yoko~

*telepathy between the fox & pyro*

Ranma-chan~ girl type Ranma

Ranma~ boy type

Legal stuff: I do not own Ranma or yu yu hakusho. I do however own the techniques that Cologne uses to fight Genkia with.

Chapter 3: Great Grandmother vs. Great Grandmother

Ranma-chan looked at his/her so called great grandmother. She was short, at least not as short as Cologne.

"Grandmother isn't my son so manly!" Nodoka said looking at Ranma-chan and Boton.

Ranma turned tomato red while Boton looked confused.

"Mom! It's not like that!" Ranma-chan practically yelled.

"Nodoka, the last time I checked Ranma was a boy not a girl." Genkia said in her usual tone of voice.

"I'm a GUY!" Ranma-chan yelled in her face.

"Yes grandmother but let's let Ranma explain over some tea okay?" Nodoka said sweetly.

She pushed Ranma inside when Genkia stepped aside for them to walk in. Once they were in the dining room and Ranma set Boton down careful to avoid her ankle and sat down next to her. Yukina walked in a few moments later caring tea after they were all sitting down and handed out the cups.

`She reminds me of Kasumi, but what's with her aura? It's weird.' Ranma thought.

He then noticed that all the attention was focused on him, and sighed. "Well you see it started……." Ranma-chan told her life's tale from when Genma took him on a training trip to today's morning with her fiancées. When he was finished, Everyone in the room, including Yukina, looked ready to kill Genma.

Some where in the distance someone sneezed a few time giving his opponent time to switch the odds in his favor.

"Well Ranma, I know I haven't been much of a mother but I do have a solution to your fiancée mess your in. A while ago, I was finally threw with paying all of your father's bills and debts to people that I eliminated his title as head Saotome. All of his claims with your fiancées aren't valid."

Ranma-chan blinked, then again, and then again before jumping up and dancing for joy chanting. Then he stopped as a thought hit his mind.

"What Shampoo and her stupid Amazons law?"

"Leave that to me." Genkia said before taking another sip of her tea.

"Pardon me Ranma. Would you like some hot water?" Yukina asked smiling.

"Umm yeah if it's not any trouble." Ranma-chan said. `Yep, acts exactly like Kasumi.' Ranma-chan was pulled out of his thoughts when his mother had dubbed him head of the Soatome clan.

"Ranma, I expect you to use your title right and not abuse it." Nodoka said before Yukina came back in holding a cup of warm water. She handed it to Ranma-chan before taking the empty tea cups into the kitchen.

"So Ranma when are you going to tell everybody?" Boton asked. She had been silent until now not wanting to interrupt.

Ranma-chan smiled and grabbed the glass of water.

"Right now!" Ranma went out, poured the water over his head and returned male.

"Ranma can I please come?!" Boton said.

"Actually I would like to come along to if you don't mind." Yukina said coming out of the kitchen. One thought was in all of the female's minds. `Must teach Genma a lesson'

"Umm sure why not." Ranma said scratching the back of his head out of habit. Yukina only smiled sweetly just like Boton.

"Alright let's go!" Boton yelled, trying to jump up, forgetting her ankle but quickly found Ranma holding her bridle style.

"You're still hurt ya know." Ranma smirked showing off his ego.

He threw her up in the air and caught her on his back, where she practically strangled him for scaring her. Nodoka watched her son and Boton interact thinking about how many grandchildren she would have so very very soon.

They left the temple a few minutes later. A few birds flew to Yukina's shoulders, and a stray puppy yipped happily at her side making her smile and greet the animals in a soft tone. A few minutes more and they were at the edge of Nerima, where the birds flew back to their nest but the puppy stayed at Yukina's side barking at every dog that dared come close to her side.

"Well I think you've made another very protective friend Yukina." Boton said. Yukina looked down and smiled when the puppy yapped at a raccoon that was in the garbage can.

Ranma listened to his mother and Boton talk about how they almost crashed into a building. `It's so peaceful. Why?' He stretched out his senses and found Ryoga and Mousse walking up ahead and groaned. He just had to ask. Why couldn't his life be peaceful for once!? Was some angry gods mad at him!?

"RANMA! HOW DARE YOU CHEAT ON AKANE/SHAMPOO! PREPARE TO DIE!" Mousse and Ryoga yelled at the same time. Ryoga let a strong Shi Shi Hokodan while Mousse let his chains fly straight dead center.

Ranma finally noticed the situation and started to panic. He couldn't deflect their attacks while he was carrying Boton, he could probably grab his mother or Yukina but that would leave either one of them there to get hurt. He braced himself, closing his eye waiting for impact making sure Boton wouldn't get hurt but he never felt the impact. Instead he heard his grandmother speak.

"You idiots! Who attacks when there are bystanders?!" Her voice held annoyance and anger. Though they never heard her, clouded by their anger, they jumped at Ranma only to be smacked away by Genkia with the flick of her wrist. They faded into the distance with a normal *Bing* and she turned to them.

"Shall we move on?" Genkia said in her normal voice.

They walked a while before finally getting to the door of the Tendo dojo. They were about to open the door when Akane opened it. Behind her was the amazons, and Ukyo, Shampoo and her were glaring at each other. Once they saw him they dove.

"Ranma honey!"

"Nihao Ranma!" They tripped over one another and started to fight yelling censored words.

"So Ranma you've shown your true colors! You say you're going to take some bimbo to Dr. Tofu's and then you disappear with her! What were you doing you pervert?! Is she another one of your whore fiancées!? RANMA YOU IDIOT!!!" Akane brought out her mallet and prepared to smash him but she soon found the sharp edge of the Saotome blade at her neck.

"You will not harm my son any more! If you do I will hunt you down and kill you!" Nodoka hissed pressing the blade close enough to draw little blood. Akane glared at Ranma before backing down.

"Now, summon your family. We are going to have a talk." Nodoka said.

A few minutes later they were all in the dinning room eager to hear what they had to say. Shampoo were fighting to see who would sit by him but lost as his mother took that place and with Boton on the other side of him, it crushed their hopes. They sat on either side of Akane and starred lovingly at him.

"Now," Nodoka started. "Genma is no longer the head of the Saotome clan anymore. There for all of his claims about fiancées are invalid. My son will move in with my grandmother and study under her. He will be leaving immediately and I will not take no for an answer."

Shampoo smiled evilly as Nodoka had just eliminated their completion. Now she could have Ranma all to her self!

"Tendo, where is my husband?" Nodoka said as she stood up and walked ever so close to a certain Mr. Tendo and Mr. Panda.

They started to squirm under her heated gazed while the rest of the family sat there in shock. Nodoka splashed her hot tea on him and he changed into his human self.

"How honor less you are my husband. You are here by banished from this clan and only be accepted if you are to perform countless of honoring acts. If you ever come near my property I with use you as target practice! Ranma is the head of the clan now!" Nodoka took one look at her husband before turning around and sitting back next to Ranma.

"But Mrs. Saotome he-" Ukyo started but was cut short by Nodoka's hand in the air.

"I know Genma promised to take you into the clan. It might not be the same thing you were hoping for but I am willing to adopt you?" She said softly.

Ukyo looked at her and then Ranma. He smiled at her and nodded. Ukyo looked back and Nodoka and smiled threw some tears that had ran down her face. She knew she could never win Ranma's heart but she couldn't live without him. At least being his sister was better than nothing.

"Aya! Ranma marry Shampoo then yes? Then go back to China with great grandmother and live happily ever after!" Shampoo said, hearts in her eyes day dreaming.

"No he won't you idiotic floozy. Haven't you been listening at all?" Genkia said sipping her tea.

"And you are?" Cologne asked narrowing her eyes.

"I am the boy's great grandmother. He will not be marrying anyone unless he chooses them directly. I am fully aware of your laws Amazon elder. The kiss of marriage may have power over him but in chapter 9, section 2, forth paragraph down states `that if an outsider is unhappy with the marriage, he will bring it up with a member of his family and that family member will have a right to brake the tie in combat, with an Amazon elder, no kiss of marriage or death on either side.' I am that family member and you are that are that Amazon elder. Shall we take this fight outside?" Genkia smirked when Cologne's eyes widened and then turn into a glare.

Without a word spoken, they moved outside with everyone but Akane following them.

Genkia smirked when the old bat came at her directly. She had no training with her spirit energy. She side stepped and shattered that old stick that annoyed her so very much. Cologne hid her surprise and decided to go full out. Genkia jumped over her kick, dropped to the ground and sent the old women flying when she had put magic into her touch.

Cologne snarled as she hit the wall and deciphered another plan of attack. She looked over the Amazon techniques in her head and smiled when she found one that would fit the program. She switched her style to the shadow style and used her advantage. She disappeared in her own shadow, came up behind Genkia in the air.

"Phoenix Earth Accent!" She channeled her ki into her hands and fired and odd blasts that looked exactly like a phoenix soaring down at her.

Genkia smacked the blast away and aimed a spirit gun dead center of Cologne's fore head. "Bang." Genkia said with a smirk sending Cologne off into lala land.

Everyone looked in awe as Genkia who had just single handedly defeated one of the best martial artists in the world.

"Pack up your things kid. We're leaving as soon as you're done. Exiled old man, where do you think your going?" Genkia glared at the retreating back of Genma. She, Yukina, Ukyo, and Nodoka towered over him giving him the evil eye.

Ranma wasted no time in running up stairs, forgetting Boton was on his back. Once he got to his room her set her down on his unmade bed. " Sorry forgot you were back there. I'll just be a minute." Ranma said going to the closet.

He had his pack packed in no time, and started to go threw his old mans. "Come on, come on, AHA!" He said. He took out some old looking scrolls and what little money Genma had had and put them in his pack.

"Hey Ranma." Both Ranma and Boton looked up to see Nabiki leaning on the door frame.

"What about your bill Saotome?" Nabiki looked at him with her ice queen eyes.

"I swear I'm gonna pay ya Nabiki it's just-"

"Yeah what ever Ranma but don't forget that you owe me and I won't leave you alone so easily. Here, this is 50% of the money I made selling those pictures. This should get you started until you at least had a job. And I expect you to pay more than half in a couple years." Nabiki threw him a 6 inch tall wad of cash before going back down stairs.

Ranma blinked, once, twice, before the thought finally engraved into his head. He burst out into a huge smile before hiding the money and walking out of the room with back pack in martial artist subspace and Boton on back.

They past Akane who in turn whipped out her mallet.

"You pervert. I hate you! I never want to see you again!" She yelled hitting him hard in the stomach before running to her room with tears in her eyes. Ranma looked down at the floor where she had dropped her mallet and sighed. He walked down stairs with a stunned Boton not knowing where his freedom would take him.

******************************************************

Well peoples that's it for about a week but I'll update soon okay? Hope you liked it and the next chapter a few more things are going to happen.

Now people vote for some pairings damit!

Next Chapter: A Fear Gone and Training Gained

Ja ne!

~White Fox 612~