Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Roses: The Past ❯ The Aftereffects ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yup and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 2.

Disclaimers: I own nothing, except this darn plot.

Chapter Summary: The aftereffects of Princess Serenity’s not-so-innocent wish. On the surface, it seemed that Princess Serenity got what she wanted. Who knew the destruction of the Moon Kingdom was brought upon by that one wish?

Chapter 2: The Aftereffects

***************************************************** ***************************************

Days later, Princess Serenity was in the Queen Chambers, downcast as Queen Selenity belated her.

Princess Serenity was kneeling on the floor before the queen, sobbing quietly. The queen stood above her, looking absolutely furious. The Moon Stick was in Queen Selenity'shands.“I cannot believe you would be so selfish! Have you forgotten everything I taught you?” Queen Selenity thundered.
“I'm sorry…” the princess got out in between choked sobs.“Sorry?! You're sorry?!” The queen repeated incredulously "Do you have any idea what you have done?!" she shook her head in apparent disbelief.

“Never mind the fact that you lied to me about going to the washroom, you used the most powerful crystal in the Galaxy to put a love spell on every single men there is!” she threw upher hands.

“A love spell…” She repeated again more quietly.

“I only wanted to have as many suitors as Mesuinu.” Princess Serenity sniffed.
“You are a egotistic little girl Serenity!” Queen Selenity looked as if she was almost readyto strangle her daughter.

“Not even I can reverse what you did.” she sounded immensely disappointed.Princess Serenity looked up, a glimmer of hope was in her eyes. A glimmer which QueenSelenity caught.

“Yes that's right. There's nothing I can do. They will love you forever. All of them.”
The queen slumped on a nearby chair .

“I can only hope that you can juggle between all of them…” she sighed.

********************************************************** ***********************************

Back on Earth, Princess Beryl of Pandora noticed that her fiancé, Prince Endyimon seemed faraway.

“Endyimon?” the red-haired female questioned her beloved.

Prince Endyimon was looking dreamily in the direction of the Moon.

Frowning slightly, Beryl called again.

“Endyimon!”

The Prince of Earth blinked, snapping himself out of his reverie.

“Yes Beryl?” he asked.

“You weren’t listening, were you?” she accused.

“Erm…” Prince Endyimon started.

“You were looking at the Moon.” she pressed.

Prince Endyimon did not reply.

Taking his silence as acknowledgement, Beryl shook her head and released her hold on him.

“I think we need to break off for a while; for you to decide whether who you want as your bride.” she concluded as she swiftly disappeared from the Terran Kingdom.

It was not long before Prince Endyimon broke the engagement to Princess Beryl, in favor of Princess Serenity of the White Moon.

************************************************************ **************************

When news that Prince Endyimon had abruptly broken the engagement to her reached Princess Beryl’s ears, she could not believe it.

“But… we were in love!” she argued.

“It seems that Endyimon-sama has found a new love; Princess Serenity of the White Moon.” the massager replied.

“Iie! This… this can’t be…” Beryl stammered in disbelief at her Endyimon-sama’s betrayal.

The massager shook his head and went out of the princess’s chamber.

“Endyimon-sama, he… won’t do this.” Beryl cried out incredulously.

But the facts had told her otherwise and Princess Beryl of Pandora wept for a love lost to the pale beauty of the Moon.

************************************************************ *******************************

In the North Pole, Queen Metallia had sensed the despair let out by the Pandora Princess and decided to recruit her as a pawn in her quest to destroy the Moon Kingdom and gain the sacred Ginzuishou for herself.

********************************************************* *********************************

Back with Beryl, the utterly broken Princess was startled to hear an eerie voice in her head.

I know your grief Beryl.

Beryl whirled around in place, frantically searching for the source of this voice. Fear rose bitterly in her throat like bile. “Who's there? Who said that?”

You have nothing to be afraid of, Beryl, the voice soothed. I am a friend.

"How do you know my name?"

The voice seemed to chuckle. I know quite a bit about you. I know how much you hate the Moon Princess. You want her gone.

“Yes.”

Permanently.

“Yes!”

I can help.

“Why?” she suddenly thought to ask. “Why would you want to help me?”

Because you have been rejected. I help all those who have been rejected.

“What do you get out of all this?”

The satisfaction of knowing that justice has been rendered for a wrong that was done. All you have to do is follow my instructions to the letter and everything will be perfect.

“Perfect?”

Yes. You will receive what is so rightfully yours.

Beryl had a long pause in consideration. She knew nothing about this dark power, yet she seemed to know an awful lot about her and her wants. She wanted to help her get rid of her problem; her nemesis. She began to smile. With the Moon Princess out of the way she knew for certain Endyimon will return to her.

“Tell me what I have to do.”

Her smile grew wider in twisted pleasure and anticipation as the demonic entity whispered her plan in her attentive ear.

Soon Endyimon, I will make you mine once again.

*************************************************************************** ************************

Somewhere else, Kunzite was experiencing the heartache that was brought along by missing his love; Princess Serenity of the White Moon.

He knew he was not supposed to be in love with his master’s love, but Kunzite could not help it.

The love spell Princess Serenity cast had affected not only Prince Endyimon, but also all four of the Shitennou.

The four Kings quickly forgot their love for the Inner Princesses, in favor of the White Moon Princess.

Kunzite had steadily grown to hate the Prince for his love for the Moon Princess.

Right now, he was stalking the dark and empty halls of his castle.

Kunzite shouted out his frustration, striking a nearby marble column with his fist to help vent some of his fury. It hurt. He smiled at the pain. Pain was good. This was the kind of pain he wanted Endyimon to feel in his heart.

I deserve Princess Serenity so much more than he does, he growled.

You certainly do, a hollow sounding voice suddenly agreed in his mind.

Kunzite spun around in place, his rage rising again that someone had been eavesdropping on his private thoughts. There was no one with him. The halls were completely empty save for him. He blinked a few times in confusion.

Don't bother trying to find me, Kunzite, I am nowhere near right now, the voice informed.

Am I going mad?

The voice chuckled. Not yet.

Who are you?

A friend. Someone who is quite fascinated by your anger. I would like to help you.

Why?

Again the voice chuckled. You could say I am the patron saint of the rejected. You want the Moon Princess, but she rejects you because of the Earth Prince.

Yes.

Then remove the Prince of Earth.

Remove?

Permanently.

How do I do that?

Just do exactly as I tell you and you'll receive exactly what you deserve.

And that, Queen Metallia recruited her second pawn.

In the same way, the demonic entity enlisted the other three Kings into her plan.

The first step was complete, all Queen Metallia needed now was an expansion of her darkness to the entire Earth and an excuse to attack the Moon Kingdom.

And that excuse was provided by Beryl.

*********************************************************** ***********************************

SailorStar9: And Queen Metallia makes an appearance. Who knew such a simple wish could create such huge ripples?