Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A bandit's ways ❯ Walking down memory lane ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A bandit's ways…

Disclaimer: If you're really smart then you know what I'm going to say…

(A/N: I'm back!!! (*insert ultimately creepy music)

okay to SD fans… it might seem that there's too much YYH here demo just pls. wait! I'm still trying to build up the stupid plot! There is a good reason why this fic is in the SD section after I had time to think about it, also it kinda centers a little on Rukawa demo not all the fic is about him… This chapter was a pain to write -_- cause I wanted to get started with the other scenes like The Ryonan team and Shoyo team - - oops too much info… continue reading and you'll find out… The battling with the conscience is back again though for a little while only. If you've read my first 5 chapters I don't have to out stuff like ( )means that it's me the author etc. The Jap. Translations will be at the end of the fic cause I'm babbling too much here. Enjoy!

Chapter 5. Walking down Memory Lane…

Hiei stood forlornly on the tree outside Kurama's bedroom window. He knew the two kitsunes needed their privacy. Besides… he hated sappy, mushy stuff.

Still… he envied the fox thief for being so… well… happy. It was as if all every good thing happened to his bestfriend. He had a loving ningen family though they didn't know who their `Shuichi' really was, still a family, even a gullible, oblivious one was better than nothing. And now the lucky kitsune was reunited with his sister - and he wasn't even looking for her while he, Hiei had a Jagan implanted on his forehead just for Yukina.

//Well you should just have told her you were her brother/ I can' t//Why not?/ She'd be disappointed//How would you know?// bec. No one would ever want a criminal, much less the Forbidden Child as an aniki/ Hn…. Bakayaro

Hiei was too busy arguing with himself that he didn't notice it when someone attacked him… A very tall, someone with an icy glare

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Meanwhile, inside Kurama's bedroom, the two siblings were discussing and commemorating their past. The past from when before they were separated…

"Anou nii-san?" Kurama smiled as he transformed back to Shuiichi while Maya chose to remain as a Youko. The said Yokou was now cuddling in his lap, wiggling her 3 tails and looking very cute while doing so. "Could you tell me a story?"

Kurama smiled. 230 years old and she was still acting OOC. "I just want to talk about what happened before."

Maya pouted. "Then make a story out of it."

"Okay… hundreds of years ago, there lived a kitsune family. There were two Youko children by the name of Kurama and Maya. They trained hard every day and had fun. While in their teenage years they decided to go on a conquest to find a legendary Makai plant, the Rosemoore - a plant that was said to heal any injuries and restore the dead to life. The two were still young and inexperienced and were slightly carefree in their ways that they didn't plan well enough for their little adventure." Kurama's voice took a darker, more serious tone. "They went to the underground caves of Makai and fought of the guards and stayed out of the way of the traps."

Maya interrupted. "You stayed away, I walked right into them, hmm… then you had to save me…" her face screwed cutely in concentration. "I was dumber before than I am now… neh nii-san?" she added cheerfully.

Kurama sweatdropped and continued with his story. "Then the two reached the inner chambers where the said plant was suppose to be in… then-" he trailed off. He didn't have to continue his story to remind his sister of what happened. They both knew it too well.

They both didn't know that it was guarded by a powerful sorcerer who had his spells all over the place. Kurama noticed it but not Maya who ended up walking in on one of the traps.

Youko Kurama watched in horror as his sister was slowly turned to stone. Then stone was turned to ash which was blown away by the wind. She was dead…

All thoughts of recovering the ancient artifact was destroyed as he killed the sorcerer viciously and mercilessly with his plants. He left training even harder, engaging in stealth and becoming the legendary thief Makai so feared. The lost of his imotou led him to be cold-hearted and cruel... it also led him to be more powerful than ever.

"honto ni? Am I really the reason you're a legend now?" Maya said in such a clueless fashion Kurama wanted to laugh, but he knew better. The real Maya was neither one to act cute, clueless or childish in battle. The real Maya was strong… and a scary opponent.

"Partly…" he said in a teasing tone. "Now can you please tell me how you managed to live? What I did was take over the body of an unborn infant. He and I became one… Shuuichi and me"

"Well… I don't really remember everything aniki… it was kinda hazy," she admitted truthfully. "Then there was this blinding light… and power"

The spell…

"And then I just knew… I just knew I was dead. But the curious thing was, the death deities didn't come to retrieve my soul. So I waited… then I woke up again. I was alive and after I got injured my wounds would instantly disappear. Do you think that the Rosemoore - do you think that it was the one that saved me?"

Kurama didn't know what to say so he just kept quiet.

"It was there nii-san… It was beautiful, a crystallized black rose… It felt very powerful… I remember seeing it before I died then I remember waking up among the living… I just don't understand…" she was very uncomfortable with the subject.

"Maybe the Rosemoore is inside you," Kurama said gently. "The Rosemoore has an indefinite amount of Reiki, which is mostly our life core even for youkais who use youki in fighting. It's inside your soul and feeds your body of the reiki it needs so that you are able to adapt among the living. It also protects you from all injuries… it's all very confusing."

"So I'm …dead?"

"Yes and no… you've died just like Yusuke but you weren't brought to life by Koenma… it sounds like - no never mind that. It even sounds like you're immortal. I don't know, I have to ask Koenma about this." Kurama was extremely puzzled with his sister's predicament.

Maya gasped. Her fox ears twitched. "How could you ask him? He's practically a god-a mean-" she stopped and blushed.

Kurama gave out a light chuckle. " I work for Reikai now."

"Doushite?"

"Well I'm on parole for all my crime as Youko," Maya saw a definite flash of gold as his green eyes twinkle mischievously. "Instead of detaining me Reikai decided to use me as an asset, hence, now I'm part of the Reikai Tantei."

Maya twirled her silver hair with her slender fingers. "I don't think you joined for the good of mankind," she said thoughtfully. Suddenly she pointed an accusing finger in Kurama's direction. "Naughty kitsune… is this what you do for play time?"

He smirked. "Well I guess I'm a little bored, missions do spice up my rather bland routine of school, home, charming the girls." He joked.

Maya rolled her eyes. "Conceited as always."

"Actually I've been attached to ningens. They're not too bad you know." He added seeing the scowl in Maya's face.

"Hn… stupid ningens" She's acting just like Hiei…

"So… what have you been doing these past years?" Hn… he speaks as if those `past years' weren't centuries. My aniki is definitely amusing… and taking a liking to ningens too!

"I joined a group we named Bandits" she answered in a hollow tone.

"So you've become an outlaw?"

"Yeah… but I'd rather not talk about the past nii-san… it's all in the past."

Kurama patted Maya's head affectionately. "Ok then we leave our discussion about there Little Fox. But remember…" Maya shivered seeing herself subject to Kurama's intense stare. "It's always easier to run away… but in the end it always manages to come back."

Maya tried to answer back but suddenly they heard a crashing sound outside. Kurama looked concerned. "Kisama… Hiei's out there!"

Maya bit her lip. Could it be Kaede?

~0~0~0~0~0~0

Hiei sneered as he placed the katana's blade on his attacker's throat. This was going to be an easy kill. "Hn… pathetic." Even though he was dazed he managed to overthrow the boy turning the tables on him. He stared or rather glared at his opponent's eyes. He was glaring back in defiance.

"Yamero… what did you do with Maya?" the boy said in a dangerous tone.

Hiei was confused. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Gritting his teeth he cursed silently and managed to push back the sword-wielder. "You son of a-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence as his opponent recovered too quickly and gave him a hard blow in the stomach. Rukawa was brought down on his knees coughing out blood. He silently cursed as he took note that the blade was once more attached to his throat. He glanced at the sword-wielder's red eyes, devoid of emotion. "I really should kill you right now," The short guy said indifferently.

He braced himself. Shit, this is gonna hurt. But then he caught sight of a very familiar figure. Silver hair. White robes. Steely gold eyes. His eyes widened.

"MAYA!"

Jap. Translations

Kitsune= fox

Ningen= human

Jagan= Hiei's 3rd eye

Aniki= older brother

Bakayaro= idiot or dumbass

Nii-san= a more respectful term of older brother

Youko= fox demon

Makai= demon realm

Honto ni?= really?

Reiki=spiritual energy

Youkai= demon

Youki= A demon's counterpart to the human ki (energy)

Reikai= Spirit Realm

Doushite= why?

Reikai Tantei= roughly translates to Spirit World detectives

Kisama= damn

Yamero= bastard

(A/N: Yay!! No more school!! I just watched HP 3 and though I was kinda disappointed with the movie's jumbled story line (Oliver Wood, Cho Chang and Cedric Diggory weren't even there! And that was the year Gryffindor's won the Quidditch Cup!) I must say Daniel Radcliffe is H.O.T. okay so I'm another HP and Daniel Radcliffe fanatic! Don't like it? Tough. Ok so about Rukawa's abilities. Like I said earlier I shall train him! Demo I need help. Please send suggestions of what his powers may be. I already thought of a weapon for him and Maya and thought of several more abilities but I can't think what his powers may be!!! I NEED HELP PEOPLE!!! Please send your suggestions to me via reviews. Okay and I want to know how you like (or hated) this chapter so pls. review on it. I love reviews. I'm also currently working on the next chapter.