Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Leaving
 
Right after Ryou fell into a deep slumber, Kurama took the ring into his hands and placed it besides the bed. Kurama slowly brushed the hair out of Ryou's face and got up.
“Where are Yusuke and Kuwabara?” Asked Kurama.
“Outside talking to Jin,” replied Hiei.
“You sure? I thought I saw Kuwabara talking to Yukina outside,” said Kurama with a grin.
Hiei shot Kurama a sharp glare and a look that told Kurama to keep his mouth shut. Kurama said no more, but he kept the smile on his face. Hiei on the other hand wanted to change the subject right away.
“So, you are going to take the boy with you?” Asked Hiei.
“Yes, I am. I can't leave here with all these demon. No offense towards them, I was a demon at one point too. But, most of them would want to cause Ryou pain, like the two I found in the woods,” said Kurama while letting the smile fad off his face.
“You think he'll want to go with you?” Asked Hiei while walking up to Kurama.
“No, to be honest, I think he'll rather not. But he will have no choice. He's in terrible condition and can barely walk on his own, there's no way he would be able to even come close to getting off this island alone,” finished Kurama with a sigh.
“Well, what are you going to do with him?” Asked Hiei in a tone of almost disbelief.
“I don't know. I feel different about this boy. He's sort of familiar to me,” said Kurama.
“What? Explain yourself fox,” said Hiei.
“Well, I-I feel connected to him in a way. He reminds me of my past,” finished Kurama sadly.
“Hn,” said Hiei.
For the rest of the day Kurama sat by Ryou waiting for him to wake up. Hiei left the room to go find Yusuke. Hiei didn't bother looking for Kuwabara; Hiei was wishing that they would leave him behind. Sadly, Hiei also found Kuwabara with Yusuke. Though Yusuke had to drag Kuwabara away from Yukina, they made it back before sunset.
“So who's the new guy?” Asked Kuwabara.
“ His name is Ryou,” said Kurama casually.
“Oh, sooo…?” Started Yusuke.
“I found him in the woods, and I plan to take him with me,” said Kurama seriously.
“Is that legal?” Asked Kuwabara stupidly.
“Hn,” replied Hiei for Kurama, so Kurama would not have to give a direct answer.
The rest of the day, Ryou slept quietly. Kurama stayed by Ryou's bed and watched over him. Yusuke and Kuwabara went outside for one last look around. Hiei, as usasl, looked over Yukina and watched grumpily as
Kuwabara said a long good-bye to her.
Finally the boat to get off the island arrived. Kuwabara and Yusuke raced to get on while Hiei whispered a couple of crude remarks about them under his breath. Kurama walked slowly onto the boat with Ryou in his arms. Ryou was still in a deep sleep, and was not likely to wake up any time soon. When they got on the boat and settled, Kurama found a room for Ryou to sleep in. Kurama was so focused on Ryou he didn't noticed Hiei leaning against the wall in the corner watching him.
“So he reminds you of your past? What about it?” Asked Hiei from his place in the corner.
“I-I not say just yet, I not sure,” replied Kurama in an unsure tone.
“Hn, can't remember yet?” Said Hiei.
“I remember, I'm just not sure if I'm right,” answered Kurama.
“I see, something about Youko's past, that should be quiet interesting,” said Hiei with a grin.
“Well, I should probably leave for a while, said Kurama with a sigh.
“You think?” Said Hiei sarcastically
Hearing Hiei's sarcasm, Kurama gave him a sheepish smile and left for the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile:
“I don't understand! Why can I not get out of my soul chamber?” Said Bakura while trying to open the sealed door.
“This has something to do with Marik! I know it! When I get out of here I'll...” Started Bakura, but his voice started into more a mumble then words.
Bakura leaned against the wall and slowly slide to the ground in frustration. This was getting annoying. He could also sense that they were not in the same dimension anymore.
Well, well, isn't this just pleasant…” mumbled Bakura under his breath.