Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Almost There ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eight: Almost There
 
 
Soon the boat of the island arrived. Kurama noticed that Ryou was still sleeping. Kurama slowly lifted Ryou into his arms, careful not to wake him. Kurama's team-mate were waiting for his to board the boat by the dock. Soon everyone was on the ship. Kurama first went to his room and laid Ryou down gently. Hiei had just entered the room. Kurama slowly looked up to Hiei. Hiei gave a small laugh.
“So, your bringing him with you?” Asked Hiei.
“Yes, yes I am. It's not that I have to, It's that I want to. It may be hard to understand, but he really does remind me of someone from my past. You know…as Youko,” finished Kurama.
Hiei gave a slight nod for Kurama to continue.
“And I hope you don't mind, but I don't wish to tell anyone at the moment,” said Kurama.
Hiei once again gave a small nod and got up.
“We should probably go see the others. They might think we got off the boat. Now that I think of it, jumping off the baot seems much more appealing them having to talk to Kuwabara for longer then an hour.
“Oh Hiei,” laughed Kurama.
Hiei gave a small laugh himself and then turned to the door.
“Umm…Hiei? Don't tell the others about Ryou and reminding me of my past.
“Hn,” said Hiei.
When Kurama and Hiei left the room they soon encountered Yusuke and Kuwabara. Yusuke and Kuwabara seemed to about talking about fights during the Dark Tournament. Finally they noticed Hiei and Kurama walking up to them.
“So, How's the kid?” Asked Kuwabara while standing up. “What's his name again?”
Kurama sighed and finally answered.
“His name is Ryou, and he is in pretty bad condition.
At that moment Kayko entered the room followed closely by Botan.
“Oh dear, Kurama. We heard that you found a boy in the woods. Is he okay?” Asked Botan.
“Like I just told Kuwabara, he's not too good right now. I don't know where he came from, either. I guess we can only hope for the best,” said Kurama with a sad smile.
“Well, I certainly hope he's going to be okay,” finished Kayko.
 
For the next hour Yusuke, Kuwabara, Botan, and Kayko talked about fights from the Tournament. Kurama on the other hand, stayed rather quiet. Kurama was far too worried about Ryou to talk about fights. He also felt he should be with Ryou right now.
“What about you Kurama? What fight did you like the best?” Asked Yusuke eagerly.
“Well, I don't really know. A fights a fight if you ask me,” said Kurama with a laugh.
“Nah! There's got to be just one fight you enjoyed!” Said Kuwabara in his always loud voice.
“Really I-“ Started Kurama.
“How about the one with Karasu?!” Asked Yusuke in a joking tone.
“What?!” Said Kurama in horror.
“Aw, you know! Are you sure you didn't like him back?” teased Kuwabara.
“Yes, I am quite sure I did not like him back!” Said Kurama rather sternly.
“Hey, hey. Lighten up! We were only kidding with you! You know that!” Said Yusuke.
“Yeah, I know,” Laughed Kurama.
About one hour later Kurama decided to go check on Ryou again. Perhaps Ryou had woken up. He has been sleeping for a long time.
“I think I should go check on Ryou,” said Kurama.
“Sure, whatever you say,” said Kuwabara.
“I don't think he was asking for you consent, baka.
“I heard that, shrimp!” Yelled Kuwabara.
“Good, you understand English at least,” said Hiei sarcastically.
Kurama took a moment to quietly laugh at Hiei Kuwabara fighting. Then he left to his room. The walk to his room seemed longer this time. Kurama took this time to pondered about Ryou. There were so many questions that Ryou himself didn't even know. Well, all he knew was that he had to take Ryou with him. He couldn't risk him in getting hurt again. Deep in Kurama's mind he hoped he wasn't being to protective of Ryou.
Finally after what seemed like an hour of walking Kurama was at the door to his room. He placed his hand on the knob and turned it. Inside the room was Ryou, as Kurama expected. Ryou was very native at the moment and would not go venture off in a place he knew nothing about.
On the bed, Ryou sat curled up in a small ball. He was still half under the blanket that Kurama laid on him. Slowly, Ryou's gaze met Kurama's. Ryou's eyes were very glassy, like had been crying for a long amount of time.
“Feeling better?” Asked Kurama while walking through the door entrance.
“A little bit,” said Ryou quietly.
Kurama slowly made his way over to the bed and sat next to Ryou. Ryou on the other hand, backed away from Kurama.
“It's okay, I'm not planning to harm you in any way, Ryou,” whispered Kurama.
Ryou still did not trust him. What was going? Ryou was too confused to think about it or anything else.
“Where am I now?” Was all that Ryou could utter out.
“Right now you are on a ship,” Said Kurama with a smile trying to get Ryou a bit more comfortable.
“A-A ship to where?” Asked Ryou who did not really want to know.
“Where it's going is not of any importance right now. I must tell you something that I am almost certain you will not like or find pleasing,” Said Kurama seriously.
Ryou waited a while trying to decide if he really was ready to hear this. He knew what it was; he just didn't want to hear it for real. Finally he knew he had to hear it again and gave a slight nod to Kurama.
“I am going to bring to with me, Ryou,” Said Kurama with a sigh.
“B-but I can't you don't understand,” whispered Ryou.
Ryou knew that this person only wanted to help him, but he knew that Kurama did not know about his other half, his Yami. And Ryou was almost positive that his Yami would not like Kurama and would possibly do the unthinkable.
“Ryou in the state your in you have no control over this matter. Like I said earlier I do not wish to hurt you,” Said Kurama while reaching out to Ryou.
This time Ryou did not pull away. Ryou crawled up to Kurama and Kurama took little Ryou in his arms and held him. A few minuets passed and finally Ryou had to ask something.
“Kurama…?” Asked Ryou while pull away from Kurama's embrace for a moment.
“Yes Ryou?” Replied Kurama.
“Those men I met in the forest. How did you get ride of them so fast? I must of fell asleep when you did it,” said Ryou.
Kurama laughed for a moment and then looked at Ryou.
“We all have our secrets, don't we?” Said Kurama with his eyes closed.
“Well…umm…yes, I guess we do,” Said Ryou while thinking of his Yami.
“Perhaps soon you'll find mine out,” Said Kurama.
`Hopefully you won't find out mine,' thought Ryou nervously.
When Kurama felt Ryou tense up he took let him go and covered him warmly under the soft blue blanket. Ryou closed him eyes and let out a small sigh.
“The boat will be there soon, try to get some rest, Ryou,” said Kurama while sitting up on the bed.
For the rest of the ride Kurama decided to stay with Ryou. Even though Ryou was asleep, Kurama still enjoyed his company. But Kurama could only imagine what tomorrow should bring.
 
 
~Sorry it took so long to get this chapter in. My goal is to get one chapter every week. And I also want you to tell me if I should add Karasu in this fanfic. Review and tell me if it's a sure YES or NO WAY. You can also state why if you want. Thank you.