Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ New Home? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter nine: New Home?
 
The rest of the ride was slow sailing. The wind blew the occasional gust of wind that howled outside, other then that, it was peaceful. Kurama fell asleep while leaning on the wall. Ryou was still rather uneasy about the whole situation.
Ryou wanted to be alone. He didn't want anybody else to get harmed because of his Yami. He just barley remembered his match with Yugi in the finals. Although he did know and understand that his Yami had something to do with the trouble. But for some reason Ryou felt like he could really trust Kurama. He felt like he'd seen him before, but where? This was all too confusing.
Suddenly, the ship came to a halt. The sudden stop woke Kurama up from his light sleep. Kurama stiffly got up from his position on the wall. Once he got up completely he stretched and looked over to Ryou. It looked like he had just woken up also.
“Sleep well?” Asked Kurama thoughtfully.
Ryou gave a small nod and looked back down at his blankets.
“Is he still uncomfortable talking to me?” Thought Kurama.
“A-are we there?” Asked Ryou while trying to get out of bed without further injuring his arm.
“Yes, we are. Are you ready?” Asked Kurama while walking over to help Ryou. Kurama tried to hold back his laugh. Ryou looked rather funny while trying to get out of the mess of the tangled blanket.
“Ready to go…now?” Asked Kurama who could know longer hold back his laughter and let out a small chuckle. Ryou himself found that he smiled at this also.
Seeing Ryou smile was enough to tell that he was feeling better.
“Well, we should be going, or the boat will leave. Wouldn't want to be stuck back there for another year, would we? Said Kurama.
When Ryou heard this it reminded him of the Battle City Finals on the blimp. It reminded him of what could happen. So once again the darkness that Ryou tried to forget grasped at his mind and drew him back into the sadness of which he briefly forgot.
Ryou suddenly let out a small gasp in surprise. What has his Yami not yet come to see what's happening? His Yami seemed to always take over his body when things got rough. This was certainly rough.
“What's wrong?” Asked Kurama with suspicion.
Then Ryou snapped out of daze and looked straight towards Kurama who look concerned.
“N-nothing. Really,” trembled Ryou.
“Yes well, fine. I won't force you to speak now, but later we will talk.”
Ryou gave Kurama a worried look and then started making his way out of the room. He slowly followed Kurama off the boat. Feeling himself on the ground again felt very awkward and at first he could not stand very well. Most of the time Ryou had been with Kurama, Kurama had him try to get sleep in a bed or had been cradled by Kurama.
“Where are we going to?” Asked Ryou.
“My home for now. My mother won't be there. She's going to out for about six more months or later. Come I will bring you there now.”
Kurama grabbed a gentle grip on Ryou's good arm.
“Now, I want you to stay by me. This is a very large city and I don't want you to get lost. That would be quite terrible,” said Kurama while starting to walk forward onto the crowd while still holding Ryou's arm.
The whole walk was quiet. Ryou did not say a word, but instead looked around the large city. Kurama was amused by the way Ryou looked, he was so very curious of his new surroundings.
“Well here we are,” said Kurama while coming to a halt.
Kurama's home was two stories high and painted a light yellow.
“Lets go in, shall we?” Asked Kurama while putting a key in the doorknob and turning it slowly until there was a small click. Kurama lead Ryou in first and then entered himself.
The inside of Kurama's home was just as pretty as the outside. Everything was very neat and organized.
Soon Kurama lead Ryou upstairs to his room.
“This over here is my room,” said Kurama while opening the door.
Kurama's room had one window a bed and a desk covered in books and papers.
“And over here is where you will be staying,” said Kurama while closing his door and opening up another door that was only two doors away from his own.
Ryou was the first to enter this room, mostly because Kurama wasn't moving from his place near the door.
Ryou's new room looked almost the same, as Kurama's except Ryou's desk did not have so many books and papers.
“Do you like it?” Asked Kurama with a smile.
“Un huh,” said Ryou with a shy smile.
“Well that's good,” said Kurama.
“But listen, Kurama. I can't stay with you. I-I just can't.”
“Well Ryou. You don't have a choice. I'm not letting you go out and get hurt. You will stay,” stated Kurama.
“B-but you don't understand at all,” said Ryou while sitting down on the bed.
“Yes. I probably don't. You're not well at all. I also have a feeling your not telling me some things. It's time we have a talk…
 
~Okay, How do you like the fanfic so far? Please review if you have time! And tell me if I should put Karasu in this fanfic, or not. Thanks, bye!~