Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Found ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Found
 
 
“Well…do you want to start or should I?” Asked Kurama while taking a seat.
“Umm…I,” started Ryou but there was a sudden knock at the door.
 
Knock Knock
 
“Coming…just a minuet,” Kurama called.
“This should take just a moment,” said Kurama while walking down the stairs.
 
Downstairs**************************************
 
“Hello?” Asked Kurama, politely while opening the door.
“Hey Shuichi! It's me, Kara! Remember, I sit behind you in Biology. I-I…….oh yeah! I came to give you your homework!
“Thank you very much, Kara. Now I must be returning to what I was doing if you don't mind,” said Kurama while closing the door and taking the book at the same time.
“Wait! Can't you talk just a bit longer?! Please, Shuichi!”
“No no, I'm sorry but I must be going. I'll see you in class Kara.
 
Back Upstairs************************************
 
“Who was that?” Asked Ryou curiously.
“No one. Just a girl from school,” said Kurama with a sigh.
“Oh…a friend?” Questioned Ryou.
“No, not really. She just came to give me my school work,” said Kurama while sitting back down.
 
 
 
“Okay. Now back to what we were talking about,” said Kurama.
The worried expression returned to Ryou's face.
“I…I guess I'll start,” said Ryou while quickly looking down.
“Yes, that would be a good start. I have been wondering about that object that you wear. It sort of resembles a ring with some sort of pyramid inside it,” said Kurama.
“Oh, okay. I could start there I guess. But it may take a while. It a rather long story…are you sure you want to listen?” Asked Ryou hopefully.
“Yes. I am quite sure I do wish to hear what you have to say,” said Kurama with a smile.
“Okay…but first may I ask you a question?” Asked Ryou in an attempt to prolong what he was about to say.
“Yes, go ahead,” said Kurama.
“That girl. She called you `Shuichi.' Isn't your name Kurama?” Asked Ryou.
Kurama gave a short smile and looked at Ryou. It seemed that Ryou really did know how to prolong things. After thinking of what to say Kurama gave a light chuckle.
“You will learn that when I talk. For now I wish to hear about you. Now go on.” Said Kurama with a reassuring smile.
“Ok,” said Ryou.
Kurama looking ready to hear, but Ryou wasn't ready to tell. Ryou could trust him…he thought. He had been misleaded so many times in his life that he didn't know whom to believe of trust anymore. But he just had to tell Kurama; there was something different about him.
 
“The ring that I hold has…a…sort of…spirit living in it,” Said Ryou timidly.
That's when it hit Ryou. He had just told someone he had just met about his ring. What is Bakura going to do about this? Ryou was pretty sure that Bakura wouldn't want Ryou telling anyone about the ring.
“I-I must leave. I thank you for your hospitality, but I must be going at once,” said Ryou in a rush while getting up from the bed.
Suddenly Kurama grabbed him around the waist and pulled him back into a sitting position on the bed.
“No, please let go. You don't understand why I must leave,” Cried Ryou softly.
“Yes I know I don't understand. That's why we are having this talk. Now, sit back and tell me the rest,” said Kurama.
“Kurama. I can't say anymore. I've already said far too much. Now let go!” Said Ryou with tears fallen down his face.
“Ryou! You are not going anywhere and you will speak! Now sit!” Said Kurama harshly.
Ryou stopped struggling in Kurama's grasp and looked to the floor. Ryou could not stop sobbing. He now freely let his tears fall to the floor.
“Shhh. Hush, Ryou. It's okay,” said Kurama softly while rocking Ryou slightly in his arms. Finally the sobs and tears stopped.
“Ryou…please. Just talk to me. Will you, please? I must know what is going on with you,” asked Kurama in his still soft voice.
Ryou gave a small nod and looked up at Kurama with glassy eyes. He took a deep breath and began.
 
“Well, it started when my father came home from an trip from Egypt. My father is an archeologist. He had brought me back a gift from his latest dig. It was a small golden box with some sort of writing on it. Soon my father had to return back to Egypt for another dig and left me. That's when I found out that there was a soul living in the ring. At first I thought I was going crazy because I was hearing voices.
But soon the voices reviled themselves to be one soul that dwelled within my ring, the soul known as Bakura. Bakura has more then often took over my mind to try and steal other millennium items. Last time I checked he was after my friend Yugi's millennium puzzle. Bakura has a power over normal people, that's why I don't want to be near anyone. I bet you believe me to be crazy now don't you?”
 
“Not at all, Ryou,” Said Kurama.
Ryou sighed and then slouched a bit on the wall.
“See, it wasn't that hard was it now? Ryou, you don't have to be afraid of Bakura hurting me. I am not very normal, and truly doubt that I could even be considered a normal person,” Said Kurama.
“What? Why?” Asked Ryou while lifting his head to get a look at Kurama.
 
“I will explain that now,” said Kurama with a grin.
 
************************************************