Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ The Truth? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: The Truth?
***********************************************
 
 
“Ryou, are you going to be okay?” Asked Kurama while placing an arm around him lightly.
Ryou gave another sheepish nod and once again looked at the floor.
“Well, like I said before…it's my turn to talk to you,” said Kurama.
Ryou looked up. He remembered that he knew almost nothing about the person who had rescued him in the forest. He was eager to hear about Kurama. Maybe this would explain why he trusted him.
“Like I said I am not quite normal…” said Kurama slowly.
Ryou sat there very eager to hear. He felt like he remembered him…but he had never seen him in his life. Maybe it was nothing…but everything about Kurama felt familiar…
Suddenly Kurama slowly reached up into his hair and removed a rose. A red rose. Kurama showed it to Ryou.
Ryou let out a quiet gasp.
`How did he keep that in his hair?” Wouldn't he get cut with the thorns?' Thought Ryou.
Kurama let out a quiet laugh.
“Wondering why I am unharmed by its thorns?” Asked Kurama.
“Y-yes…why?” Asked Ryou.
Suddenly the rose turned into a thorned whip. It took a while for Ryou to understand what was going on. Finally he could comprehend that a rose just turned into a whip!
Ryou couldn't do anything. He was still too much in shock. Ryou slowly got up from the bed and ran to the door. Suddenly Ryou stopped when his hand reached the handle. He couldn't leave.
“Ryou…come sit back down,” said Kurama calmly.
Ryou turned around and found the reason why he could not leave. The rose whip was wrapped around his ankle tightly. Why weren't the thorns hurting him?
Ryou obeyed and walked back to the bed.
“Sit, please,” said Kurama.
Ryou sat down and looked up to Kurama. They said nothing for a while.
“Did I scare you, Ryou?” Asked Kurama with a smile.
“Yes…you did. What was that?” Asked Ryou.
“My rose whip…let me start from the beginning. I am a demon in a human form. I was killed when I was a demon and then transferred to a human body until I was to fully regain my energy. But…I grew to like it here. I also grew very attached to my human mother. So I stayed in the human world. I soon met my friends: Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara. So from then on I help Yusuke who is called the spirit detective along with Hiei and Kuwabara. We go on missions when there is trouble with demons or if demons escape into the human world. The tournament was one of our missions for example. Any questions?” Said Kurama.
Ryou nodded.
“Go ahead,” said Kurama in his normal soft tone.
“What kind of demon were you?” Asked Ryou shyly.
“A fox. I could control plants,” said Kurama.
“I-I never knew of such things. But for some reason it feels familiar…” said Ryou.
Kurama couldn't help but smile. Ryou was remembering his past. Or some of it at least. Maybe he would remembered it all soon. Kurama wouldn't tell Ryou, he would have to find out himself.
“Because I control them. I am impervious to them,” Said Kurama,
“Why did it not hurt me?” Asked Ryou curiously.
“Because I did not want it to hurt you,” said Kurama with a smile.
“What?” Asked Ryou.
“Why would I want it to hurt you?” Said Kurama while looking down into Ryou's light brown eyes.
“I-I don't know…” Said Ryou who could on longer look into Kurama's dark green eyes.
“I would never harm you on purpose Ryou,” said Kurama in a mere whisper.
It was at that time that a memory hit Ryou. It was a memory of a white fox…? He couldn't tell…it was blurry.
“What's wrong?” Asked Kurama in a concerned voice when he noticed Ryou's confused look on his face.
“Nothing…I just remembered something…I think…”said Ryou.”
“Remembered? What?” Asked Kurama.
N-nothing…I forgot,” said Ryou nervously.
`He's a horrible lair,' said Kurama in his mind.
`I don't know…but I have a feeling that Kurama is not telling me everything…' thought Ryou.
“Well, it's late. You should be going to bed, Ryou. We had a very long and tedious talk and you deserve some well-needed rest. Your arm…how does it feel?” Asked Kurama while getting up.
“It feels…better then before,” said Ryou with a small laugh.
Ryou took off his shoes and crawled under the blanket. Kurama sat back on the bed and said a last goodnight to Ryou and left the room.
When Kurama got downstairs he wondered if he should have told Ryou about his past. After about forty-five minuets of straight thinking he came to the conclusion that he should let Ryou find that out on his own…
 
************************************************