Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Night ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: Night
 
Tried from his talk with Kurama, Ryou soon fell fast asleep. In his mind, he was very troubled. He felt like Kurama wasn't telling him everything…something was missing. But what?
Then in the middle the night, something woke Ryou up. It sounded like tapping on a window.
“What was that?” Said Ryou out loud.
The thought of going to Kurama passed his mind a few times, but in the end he thought he should just go back asleep. It was probably just the wind.
Just as Ryou was settled back down there was another tap. This time there were three short taps in a row.
Ryou slowly got out of bed and approached the window. The window-sill was cold as Ryou leaned against it for support. Out-side the night was clear and wet. It looked like it had just stopped raining. But then something caught his eye…someone standing? No, who would be out this late. He took his eyes away from the window and looked at the door. He thought he heard someone coming up, Kurama maybe?
Finally he figured out that it was just in his mind. Then he returned to look out side. It was gone! What he saw before was no longer there. But then where is it?
Then he heard someone coming up stairs. This time he was sure he heard someone. Then suddenly his door cracked open a bit.
“Kurama?” Asked Ryou with a tint of fear in his voice.
“Ryou?” Asked Kurama while walking completely into the room.
“Why are you out of bed, Ryou?” Asked Kurama. “You know your arm is still hurt.”
“I-I know…I heard something,” said Ryou.
“Well, it was probably just the wind,” said Kurama who showed that he was a bit amused at Ryou.
“I saw something too,” said Ryou trying to convince Kurama that it was not the wind.
“Oh, did you?” Said Kurama with a light chuckle in his soft voice.
“Yes. I did.” Stated Ryou.
“Where?” Asked Kurama.
“Over there near that tree,” said Ryou while looking over to the large tree.
“Your tired. You probably were just seeing things,” said Kurama while lifting Ryou up and putting him back into bed.
“O-ok. You're probably right,” said Ryou with a sigh, he felt a bit silly now. Are you going to sleep, too?
“Yes, I probably am,” Answered Kurama. “Now I want you to stay in bed and not to get up for any reason, understand?” Asked Kurama while walking to the door.
“Uh huh,” said Ryou softly with a small nod.
Soon Kurama was down-stairs again. He had stayed up-stairs for just a bit, waiting to see if Ryou would listen, and he did.
Then suddenly…he sensed something familiar. It was coming from outside.
Kurama slowly walked to the door.
Should he go out and look? Maybe Ryou really did see something, or maybe not. But then what was it?
Kurama slowly went to the door. Then he stopped in front of the door.
It was gone. Whatever he felt was gone now.
Kurama let out a small sigh and went to sit down on the couch. For about five minuets he sat and looked out-side.
`What was that?' He thought.
Then finally he looked at the clock. It was getting late. He should probably head in to bed. He could think about what it was the next morning. If he did not forget, anyway.
Just as he reached the stair he saw some sort of flash across the wide window in the back of the house.
`What was that?' He thought franticly but remained calm on the out-side.
Kurama slowly walked over to the window and looked out. Nothing. It was gone. Gone for now.
Kurama didn't have time to sit up and watch for something that probably was nothing. He walked up the stairs and didn't look back towards the window.
 
Next Morning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next morning was very bright. The grass was still wet thanks to the short shower they had last night.
Kurama got up early, like he always did. He got dress and went into Ryou's room to check on him. Ryou was still asleep. After he checked on Ryou, Kurama went downstairs to get the paper that was at the front door like it always was every morning.
Something was different about the paper this time. If was heavier. Kurama didn't give it too much thought. He set the paper down on the wood table and began to make breakfast.
Suddenly a loud bang came from the paper. This noise almost gave Kurama a heart attack.
“What the heck was that?” Kurama asked himself.
Kurama walked over to the paper with caution, just in case there was something else in the paper.
Slowly, Kurama took the sting of the paper and looked inside it.
Inside the paper was a firecracker and a note tied on it. The note was slightly blackened because of the small explosion.
One person came to Kurama's mind. Karasu. But he was dead. Kurama watched him die. It couldn't be. Just couldn't.
Kurama slowly picked up the note. On the note it said three small words: I'm Back Kitsune.
 
 
 
Thanks you for the review Drof Tceferp!
 
 
 
(This fanfic might seem a little one-sided at first)