Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Karasu?! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: Karasu?!
 
“What?! This can't be! He's dead,” said Kurama to himself.
Kurama took a deep breath and looked back down to the note.
“What's this? Something on the other side?” Kurama murmured to himself.
Kurama looked up and slowly backed back into the house and closed the door. Slowly he turned over the note and read:
“My Dear Kitsune,
It has been so long since we've last seen each other. Well, I've seen you, on the other hand. Why don't we met later? How about 10:00 at the shore? I'll be waiting for you my Kitsune…
-Karasu
 
Kurama quickly read the note over again. This really was Karasu. But how? He was died… Kurama killed him. He felt the smooth paper with the neat writing on it.
Suddenly he heard someone coming down the stairs.
“Ryou!” Gasped Kurama quietly to himself.
“Kurama…are you ok? I heard you talking to someone…I think,” said Ryou.
“I was just talking to myself…thinking if you know what I mean,” Said Kurama casually.
“Well ok...but-,” started Ryou until he was interrupted by Kurama.
“Hungry?” Asked Kurama thoughtfully while pulling out a pan from a near by cabinet.
Ryou nodded his head and sat down at the table. Ryou could ask more questions later.
“So Ryou…what you saw last night. What did it look like?” Asked Kurama, hoping that what Ryou would say would not fill the description on Karasu.
“Well, it was wearing mainly black,” said Ryou.
Kurama let out a small gasp. Karasu wore mostly all black.
“How did you wake up?” Asked Kurama. Kurama really didn't want to know the answer to that, but he just had to ask.
“It was a sort of tapping sound on my window,” said Ryou. “And something smelled a bit like gun-powder. I think.
I was true. Karasu was back.
Kurama didn't know if he should go meet Karasu. He certainly did not want to. But what would Karasu do if he did not meet him there? Has Karasu been stalking him?
As much as Kurama tried to tell himself that this was just some joke set up by Yusuke or Kuwabara, but he knew it wasn't.
So it was decided. He was going to see Karasu that night.
 
Late Afternoon***********************************
 
The sun was getting ready to set and the twilight stars were then coming into view. Kurama took a coat from the hall closet and walked to the door.
“Where are you going?” Asked Ryou curiously.
Then Kurama remembered that he forgot to tell Ryou. Of course he wouldn't tell Ryou about Karasu, anyway.
“I'm going out for a bit. I'm meeting someone tonight,” said Kurama.
“Oh,” said Ryou.
“Will you be okay by yourself?” Asked Kurama.
Ryou gave a nod and watched as Kurama went silently out the door.
 
Outside*****************************************
 
There was a cool wind out that night. Kurama walked on the roads until he came to a small grass covered path that had not been walked on for ages. The path would lead to the shore of the ocean. And there he should meet Karasu.
Kurama started forward on the grassy path and took caution of what may be in the woods. He could never know if Karasu would want to surprise he with some explosions to bring back memories.
Finally Kurama was at the end of the path. HE was now at the shore. It was very sandy and the ground was full of shells that sort of sparkled in the dim light of stars.
Suddenly Kurama heard foot-steps approached him slowly. Kurama braced himself for whatever may come. But nothing came. The footsteps just continued.
“Who's there? Show yourself,” said Kurama in a calm voice.
“I see you chose to come, my fox,” said Karasu. He stayed in the shadows.
“Karasu. So it is you,” said Kurama in surprise.
“Of course. Who else were you expecting?” Asked Karasu in a soft tone.
“Well, you were dead last time I saw you,” Said Kurama in an angry voice.
“Dead? Really?” Asked Karasu innocently.
“Don't act stupid,” said Kurama.
“Wondering why?” Questioned Karasu.
“Yes,” said Kurama who felt like Karasu was stringing him along.
“I never really died, Kurama. My energy was just unbelievably low. You couldn't feel my energy so you thought I was dead. Right?” Said Karasu.
“Yes. And you were! I saw you die to my plant!” Yelled Kurama. Kurama was very unaware that he was yelling.
“Such a silly fox, aren't you?” Said Karasu playfully. “I was never dead. I stayed alive…for you, my fox,” said Karasu quietly.
“Lies. You told me at the end of our match that you lied to ruin my focus. You told me yourself,” said Kurama.
“Yes…I did. But I led about that,” said Karasu while looking at Kurama's figure in the dim light that was shown off by the stars.
“Karasu. Drop it. I am no fool. You tried to killed me in the tournament! Not because you had to, but because you wanted to,” said Kurama.
“Yes…but I no longer feel that way. I want to have you, Kurama. Forever,” said Karasu in a silky voice that sent shivers down his back.
“No. I will not fall for anything you say. I didn't before, I won't now,” said Kurama while turning back to the path.
Suddenly, Kurama couldn't move. He was stuck…but how?
“What?” whispered Kurama to himself in frustration.
“Surprised? Yes, I believe you are,” said Karasu with a chuckle.
Karasu slowly approached Kurama and stood behind him for a few moments without saying a word. Then Kurama started to feel something on his neck.
“Karasu…what is it you want?” Growled Kurama.
“I want you, like I said before,” Said Karasu causally.
Karasu picked Kurama up and walked over to a near by rock. Kurama was in too much a state of shock to say anything.
Karasu sat down on the rock and placed Kurama besides him.
“I won't force you to come…but in time I'm sure you will,” said Karasu.
“What? What do you mean? No, I won't,” said Kurama.
Finally Kurama could feel his limbs again and jumped down from the rock.
“Who was that boy in your home? He was Kitsune, wasn't he?” Asked Karasu.
“No one. No one you need to know about. Just a boy,” said Kurama angrily.
“Oh, we don't need to be so mad, my little fox,” said Karasu lovingly.
Kurama let out a soft growl and turned to Karasu. Surprisingly, Karasu was not there.
`Where is he?' Kurama thought.
Before Karasu could reappear Kurama walked swiftly over to the path and started to make his was through the woods until he heard a voice.
“I'll be waiting for you, my fox,” said Karasu's voice followed by a chuckle.
Kurama's swift walk turned into a run as he make his way though the dark forest. He kept in mind that Karasu could hit him from anywhere in the forest and Kurama wouldn't able to see it coming. But nothing came, but he knew he was being watched.
Finally he made it too the main road. Kurama took a deep breath and looked back into the forest. Nothing. Maybe Karasu left? Not likely, but possible.
Kurama relised he was holding his breath and let it out in a long sigh. The words that Karasu said were still going through his mind. I'll be waiting for you, my fox.
Kurama took one last look into the woods and then walked along the road to his home. The night was dry and warm. It was a prefect night.
When Kurama made it home he noticed that all the lights were turn. He silently opened the door. It was dead still in the house.
`Has Ryou already headed to bed?' Thought Kurama.
Kurama slowly made his way up the stairs and stopped by Ryou's room. He open the door to check on him. He found Ryou asleep in his bed. After Kurama covered Ryou with a blanket that fell on the ground he walk quietly out of the room.
Kurama walked through the hall to his own room. When he opened the door he found that it was very cold. The window was opened. He didn't remember opening it. Then a thought hit Kurama. Karasu! Perhaps he was in here? Maybe.
“Karasu?” Called out Kurama softly.
No answer.
Kurama walked over to the window and closed it tightly. He decided to think about it later…maybe.
Kurama got into bed and covered himself in an attempt to get warmer.
Kurama let out a small sigh and turned his back towards the window. Finally he fell asleep with the feeling he was being watched. Kurama willingly pushed that thought to the back of his mind and slept peacefully through the rest of the night.
 
 
Hi! Sorry if this chapter is a little late. I've been sort of busy with school-work lately, haha.