Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ What to do... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14: What to do….
 
 
When Kurama woke up the sun was brightly shining into his face. At first this annoyed him, but he did enjoy the warmth it gave off. He had been so cool that night. Suddenly all the memories from that night came rushing back. The memories of Karasu. And how Karasu had asked him to go with him. He seemed so sure of his-self. What gave him the idea that he was really going to go stay with him?
Then Kurama sensed that someone was in the room with him. A wave of fear went over Kurama. Had Karasu planned to take him by force? Kurama quickly sat up and got out of bed. He reached up into his hair and pulled out a rose.
“It's just me, Fox,” said a familiar voice.
“Oh, Hiei. Just you,” said Kurama in relief.
“Who else would climb in your window,” replied Hiei.
“Well…I don't know,” lied Kurama. On the inside Kurama wanted to tell Hiei, but he didn't want the others to know that Karasu was back. He also didn't want them to know that Karasu wanted him. That would be the last thing Kurama would ever tell.
“Well, Konema wants us. We should go…I guess,” said Hiei.
“Ok, lets go,” said Kurama. He knew that Ryou would be okay for a little while by him-self.
Kurama walked down stairs and open the front door. Hiei was there waiting for him.
“Lets go,” repeated Kurama.
“What about the boy?” Asked Hiei.
“He'll be fine for a little while by himself,” answered Kurama.
“No, it's not that. Konema also wants to see him,” said Hiei.
“Oh…why?” Asked Kurama with a bit of nervousness in his voice. Was there something wrong with Ryou? Besides the dark spirit in his ring?
“Ok, I'll go get him,” said Kurama.
Kurama turned to go back in the house. Hiei followed him but didn't go up the stair. Kurama walked quickly up the stairs, not wanting to keep Hiei waiting too long.
Kurama opened Ryou's door to find that he was still asleep. Ryou was lying on his back while clutching his pillow. It looked like he was having a bad dream.
“Wake up, Ryou,” Kurama called softly.
Ryou started to move and them opened his eyes slowly. Kurama looked down at Ryou with a smile.
“Kurama?” Asked Ryou who was still very sleepy.
“Good Morning, Ryou,” said Kurama. “I hope you don't mind, but we have to go somewhere right now,” said Kurama.
Ryou sat up and got out of bed. He yawned and looked up at Kurama.
“Ok,” said groggily.
When Kurama and Ryou got down stairs they met Hiei. Ryou was a bit surprised to see him. He hadn't seen Hiei since they left the ship.
Hiei didn't say anything on the way the way to spirit world. Ryou wasn't quite clear on how they got there so fast. It was a bit weird. Everything seemed to go by so fast. Before Ryou knew it, he was at a rather large gate. Hiei pushed a small button and said something into the speaker and the large door cracked open.
They walked in through the door. Kurama had to tug at Ryou a bit to get him to walk through the large passage. Ryou wasn't very sure of going in.
As soon as they got in they came to a very busy office. Kurama held the sleeve of Ryou's jacket to make sure that Ryou did not get lost in the chaos.
Finally they came to a door. The door was larger then normal doors, but much smaller then the door they had entered before. Ryou entered the room after Kurama and Hiei. To Ryou's surprise the person behind the desk was a small child. For a few moments he debated if this was joke, but then decided that it wasn't. Despite the fact that the person behind the desk was a baby, Ryou thought that he should act very respectful towards the child.
“Why have you called us here?” Asked Kurama.
“That's a very good question, Kurama. Well you see, I have been looking at some files to look for where Ryou came from, but I've found nothing. As you know, anyone who belongs to this world would be in the file, but he is not. So I also looked in the demon and spirit world files, but once again found nothing. That only leaves one thing left,” said Konema.
“And what's that?” Asked Hiei while eyeing Ryou with suspicion.
“Very simple. He does not belong to this dimension,” Said Kurama.
“Yes. That is right, Kurama,” said Konema.
“So this boy is from a different dimension? Then how'd he get here,” Asked Hiei while crossing his arms and leaning against a wall.
“I-I don't know,” said Ryou quietly. Ryou was now far more scared then he was before. A different dimension? It was bad enough being lost, but changing dimensions? How would he ever get back?
Suddenly Ryou felt someone grab his sleeve. Ryou looked up slowly and saw Kurama.
“Then he is to stay with me until you can find a way to get him back, ok?” Asked Kurama.
“Sure, ok. But it may take a while,” said Konema.
“That's ok. I don't mind,” said Kurama while looking down at Ryou with a smile.
Ryou couldn't help but to smile back at Kurama. Ever since he met Kurama, Kurama had always been there for him. But why?
After a few minuets of talking Kurama, Hiei, and Ryou left Konema's office and made there way out of the crowded room and got outside. Outside the weather hadn't changed a bit. Ryou had a feeling it never did.
Right before they left the doors once again opened. But for whom?
Then they saw Konema run out shouting for them to stop.
“Konema?” Asked Kurama.
“I almost forgot to tell you. I did find something on him, however small it may be. He was actually a demon, but he got stuck in another dimension in his other lifetime,” whispered Konema so Ryou would not hear.
“Oh, really?” Asked Kurama casualty.
“And one more thing. This may be a little hard, but…,” started Konema.
“What?” Asked Kurama.
“Well…you have to spend a while in the demon world with Ryou,” said Konema.
“What!? Why?” Asked Kurama in a loud whisper.
“Because he never finished his time while he was a demon,” said Konema.
“Ok…fine,” said Kurama.
It was true. Ryou never did finish his time. And because he never died in the demon world that meant that he still needed to be there right now.
Konema went back inside after saying a last goodbye. Kurama looked at Ryou and smiled. Ryou smiled and walked up to Kurama.
“What was that about?” Asked Ryou curiously.
“Oh, nothing,” said Kurama.
Then Kurama noticed that Hiei was no longer with them.
“Hiei?” Asked Kurama.
“He left while you were talking to Konema,” said Ryou.
“Oh well. Ready to go home?” Asked Kurama.
Ryou gave a nod and followed Kurama.
Soon they were back in the Human world. It didn't take long to get back to Kurama's house. It wasn't far from where they left.
Kurama took a lot of time thinking about what he was going to do. How was he going to stay in the demon world with Ryou? Then something came into his mind. Something Karasu said.
”I'll be waiting for you,”
Could he really trust Karasu? Chances not, but what other choices did he have?
Before they knew it they were inside.
“Ryou, I have to leave again,” said Kurama.
“Umm…ok,” said Ryou. Ryou was a bit lost in everything that was happening.
“You should go to sleep, it's getting late,” said Kurama while walking out the door.
“Ok, Kurama,” said Ryou as Kurama closed the door.