Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Another Home? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: Another Home?
 
 
Kurama once again awoke in a state of numbness. But this time he remembered mostly everything that happened.
He sat up and rubbed his head wearily and got out from under the blankets. He slowly put his feet on the ground.
Then once again the thought of Ryou crept into his mind. But he didn't have to worry. Ryou was okay here. Karasu didn't want Ryou, but he certainly wouldn't hurt him either. At least he wouldn't if he ever wanted Kurama to stay with him. Well…actually Karasu was keeping him here against his will. But Karasu wanted Kurama to be happy here…so he wouldn't hurt Ryou…right? This was all to confusing for Kurama's mind at the moment.
Right at that moment the door opened. And just as Kurama guessed, Karasu walked in. He was the same as ever. This was sort of like the last time they met; hopefully Kurama wouldn't end up drugged again.
Kurama sighed and closed his eyes in attempt to make Karasu go away, but it didn't work.
“Slept a bit longer, did we?” Said Karasu sweetly while walking up to Kurama's bed and sitting down on it.
Kurama nodded.
Kurama could feel Karasu next to him even though his eyes were closed. Karasu had some sort of feeling in him, a feeling Kurama could not recognize. Everything about Karasu was so mysterious.
Suddenly Karasu placed an arm around Kurama. Kurama finally opened his eyes to see Karasu.
“What's wrong, my Kitsune? You look troubled,” said Karasu. Karasu sighed happily and rested his head on top on Kurama's.
“Like I said before. I wish to see Ryou,” said Kurama.
Karasu didn't say anything. It was like he was waiting for something. Finally Kurama caught on.
“…Please. Please, Karasu?” Said Kurama in the best tone he could manage to speak.
Karasu smiled and let out a chuckle. Kurama had guessed right.
“Alright. Since you are being such a good little fox. But you can only stay a little while,” said Karasu.
Karasu got up and looked down to Kurama. Kurama looked up at Karasu with a questioning look while returning his gaze.
Then to Kurama's surprise, Karasu picked him up gently and started towards the door. It once again took Kurama a while to comprehend this.
“Wait! What are you doing?” Asked Kurama franticly.
“We're going to see Ryou. Remember? Really, if the drug is still that hard for you to get over then perhaps you should get back to sleep,” said Karasu while petting Kurama's hair.
“No, no! I mean `what are you doing carrying me?' Put me down, now!” Said Kurama in annoyance.
Karasu stopped for a minuet then lowered Kurama in his arms to a cradle position. Karasu looked down to Kurama with a smile.
“You could barely get out of bed. Do you really think you can walk?” Asked Karasu.
“Well…uhhh….maybe,” said Kurama hopefully.
He did not want Ryou to see him being carried. Especially by Karasu.
“Don't be ridiculous, Kitsune. If you want we could go later. When the drug has wore completely off. How does that sound?” Asked Karasu while bring Kurama back to the bed.
“Fine,” said Kurama with a sigh. “As long as you don't try to drug me again.”
“I was just doing so you would sleep. I wouldn't have had to do it at all if you just cooperated from the beginning,” said Karasu.
Kurama growled a bit while Karasu laid him into bed and covered him warmly.
Karasu stayed there on the bed with Kurama. Kurama did not dare close his eyes. He did not trust Karasu. Once again Kurama knew that Karasu wasn't going to leave unless he did something. But what?
Soon Kurama felt the need to sleep take a firm grip on him. He could no longer keep his eyes open. Even though Kurama lowered his eyes he was still awake.
Right after Kurama closed his eyes he felt something stroking his hair.
`It must be Karasu,' thought Kurama.
Then he felt Karasu lean down to him face. Kurama could almost feel Karasu's deep purple eyes looking into his own.
“Good night, my fox. Sweet Dreams. And welcome home,” Whisper Karasu with a chuckle.
Right after that Kurama fell into a deep sleep.
 
In the Ring***************************************
 
Bakura walked a few steps to Ryou's soul room and stopped. He peered curiously into the room before entering.
Then to his relief he saw Ryou. But he was asleep. Bakura walked up to Ryou and kneeled down next to Ryou.
“Wake up, Ryou,” said Bakura in his usual raspy voice.
When Ryou did nothing he decided to try something else.
“RYOU! WAKE UP NOW!” Said the angered spirit.
Slowly but surely, Ryou awoke and looked up at the spirit.
“Ryou, we need to talk,” said Bakura.
 
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 
Thanks for reading. BTW (by the way) this is my first fanfic, if you have not already guessed, haha.