Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Where are we? ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: Where are you?
 
Karasu and Kurama walked down the large hall together. Neither of them talked to one another. Kurama plain out never wanted to talk to Karasu, though.
Suddenly Kurama felt a strong arm warp around his waist and pull him towards something. To his horror, Kurama realized that it was Karasu's arm and he was pulling him towards him. Kurama struggled to get away, but to no luck.
“Let go, Karasu! Now! I-,” Started Kurama.
“Shh, my Kitsune. Why do you struggle? You know that it is quite useless, don't you?” Asked Karasu while putting a hand on Kurama's head and stroking his hair lightly.
“Just get off,” said Kurama in annoyance.
“Fine, my Kitsune,” said Karasu with a chuckle. Karasu took his arms off Kurama, but still stayed close to him.
Kurama growled at this. He hated it when Karasu called him `his' kitsune. He belonged to no one. And he never will.
Kurama kept walking, but kept an eye on Karasu. He did not even want Karasu near him. But at the moment he had to choice.
Then Kurama felt Karasu take his hand and lead him to a small dark closed in hall.
“What do you think you're doing, Karasu?!” Asked Kurama while withdrawing his hand.
“Taking a short cut to Ryou's room, of course. Do you really want to walk down stairs?” Asked Karasu while taking a moment to stop and look back at Kurama.
Kurama really didn't want to take stairs. The drug was still hurting him and giving him headaches. If Karasu knew that it was still taking a toll on Kurama, he wouldn't let him leave to see Ryou. But he didn't want to walk down a small dark hall with Karasu either. On the other hand he would see Ryou faster. He really wanted to see Ryou. It felt like ages since the last time he saw him. Though in Kurama's mind he knew it probably wasn't as long as he thought.
So it was decided. Kurama was going to take his chances and walk down the hall with Karasu. Hopefully it was the right choice, for Kurama's sake.
“Fine,” said Kurama with a sigh of defeat.
“I thought you would say that,” said Karasu with a smile.
Kurama let out another sigh and followed Karasu into the long dark hall.
“Give me your hand, Kurama,” said Karasu with a smile.
“What?! No!,” Said Kurama in aghast.
“Okay then we don't go,” said Karasu with turning around with a smile.
“Wait! Why do you need to hold my hand?” Asked Kurama who was very annoyed.
“It's dark. Do I want you to get lost?” Said Karasu.
“Yes,” answered Kurama.
Karasu let out a fake gasp and laughed.
“Never. Why would you think that, my Fox? Don't be silly. I would never want to lose you…and I never plan to,” said Karasu darkly.
Kurama didn't like hearing this. What did he mean by `he never planed to?' Kurama got nervous and started walking into the small hall without Karasu.
Kurama didn't sense Karasu come up behind him and take his hand.
“Let go, Karasu,” growled Kurama under his breath.
“No,” said Karasu with a very large smile.
Kurama got tired of playing this game and tried to pull his hand away. Unlike last time, Kurama could not pull his hand away. Karasu had a firm grip and wasn't letting go any time soon.
His hand soon got sore and he was too tired to try anymore. He started walking into the tunnel-like hall while pulling Karasu after him. Since Karasu wasn't going to let go, then Kurama would just pull him. Right now he was wasting time, when he could be with Ryou.
“Where do you think you're going? You know you don't know how to get there,” said Karasu.
It was true. Kurama had no idea where to go.
Kurama stopped in his tracks and looked back to Karasu.
“Then can you lead me?” Asked Kurama. He was so embarrassed for asking for help. Especially from the one person he wanted to get away from, Karasu.
With a smile plastered on behind his mask, Karasu stepped ahead of Kurama and started leading him through the tunnel.
After a few minuets of walking they came to an old wooden door. Unlike the other doors, this door was very old and the wood was cracking. There was dirt covering the bottom of it and the handle was rusted.
“Here we are,” said Karasu.
“Then let go of my hand, now,” demanded Kurama.
“Make me,” said Karasu with a chuckle.
Kurama once again tugged and pulled but Karasu's grasp would not give in. Finally Kurama was too tired to keep trying he finally gave up. That's when Karasu let go of Kurama's hand. Karasu wrapped his arms around Kurama and pulled him into his chest.
“See? That wasn't so hard, was it?” said Karasu soothingly with a quiet laughter.
“Yes it was! Get off me!” Hissed Kurama angrily.
“No,” said Karasu with a laugh. He was really enjoying this now.
Suddenly the rusty knob turned and the door cracked open a bit.
`If this is one of my servants they will pay for interrupting me,' thought Karasu furiously.
Karasu reluctantly let go of Kurama for a moment and approached the door. He swiftly pulled it open to revile no one except Ryou!
“Ryou!” Exclaimed Kurama with relief.
“K-Kurama? What's going on? W-Where are we?” Asked Ryou. “I was looking for you…and I couldn't find you.”
Ryou let his eyes wonder around the room until he saw Karasu. He let out a gasp and backed against a wall with wide eyes. HE had never seen anyone like this before. Never.
“W-who's this?” Stammered Ryou.
“Ryou, this is Karasu,” said Kurama. “He's an acquaintance of mine.”
“Karasu!” Thought Ryou. “That's who Bakura was talking to me about! I remember now!”
“Is there a problem, little Ryou?” Said Karasu while bending down to Ryou height.
“No,” said Ryou while shaking his head. Ryou was still in shock, he didn't even breathe when Karasu looked at him.
“Good. But if there is, please let me know,” said Karasu. “I would truly hate for anything to happen to something so important to my Kitsune.”
“What?” Asked Ryou curiously. Kurama walked over to Ryou and put a hand on his shoulder and tightened his grip when he answered him.
“Nothing Ryou,” said Kurama before Karasu could answer.
Was Karasu going to tell Ryou about his past? No! Ryou had to find that for himself. Even the slightest mention of his or Ryou's past could ruin everything.
“Karasu we need to talk for a moment,” said Kurama hesitantly.
“Whatever you say, my darling,” answer Karasu.
For Kurama's sake, Ryou ignored this last comment Karasu made. He could tell that the things that Karasu said made Kurama feel uncomfortable.
Since they now had Ryou with them there was no need to go down the passage. Kurama was very thankful for this. He absolutely dreaded the thought.
So they walked out of the tunnel-like hall. Karasu led them to two doors. Then he looked at Ryou.
“Ryou, my dear. I hope you do not mind waiting in this room while I and Kurama have a talk, do you?” Asked Karasu.
“Not at all,” said Ryou in his polite voice. He tried to sound normal, but tints of nervousness made its way into his voice.
He walked into the room when Karasu opened the door. He then closed the door after himself. He wanted to get away from Karasu as soon as he could. Not just because he was a bit frightened of him, but also he knew that the spirit of the ring did not like Karasu much either. Even though Bakura did not say it straight out to Ryou, he still knew by the stern voice his Yami used.
“Such a good little boy, isn't he?” Said Karasu after the door was completely closed. “So polite and he listens so well.”
Kurama glared at Karasu but said nothing. Kurama didn't want Karasu to talk about Ryou. He wanted Karasu to stay away from him.
Then Karasu opened the other door. He made Kurama enter first by not moving from the door. This greatly annoyed Kurama, he didn't want to turn his back on Karasu.
When they both were in the room Kurama took a seat on a couch and Karasu took a seat in a plush chair near a fireplace. The room walls were made of wood and the rug was made out of animal fur.
“Now you wanted to talk to me?” Said Karasu innocently.
“Yes, I did,” said Kurama. “I would like it if you didn't act so cocky around Ryou,” said Kurama.
“Cocky? How do I act cocky, my Kitsune?” Said Karasu while moving his chair closers to Kurama.
Kurama growled, but decided to ignore it for now.
“And I would also like it if you did not talk about my or his past to him or around him,” said Kurama.
“Whatever you say,” said Karasu while getting off his chair. Karasu walked over and sat close to Kurama on the couch.
“And that was it,” said Kurama quickly while getting up in a hurry when he noticed that Karasu was getting too close for comfort.
It took a few moments to get out of the room thanks to Karasu. He kept on protesting that they should talk just a bit longer. But Kurama firmly refused and got to the door before Karasu.
He shut the door on Karasu and walked over to the room where Karasu asked Ryou to stay in. Hopefully he was okay.
“Ryou?” Asked Kurama softly when he opened the door.
“Oh, hello. I'm just right here,” said Ryou while getting up from his spot on a couch.
Kurama let out a sigh in relief. Ryou was ok. That was a good thing, one of the few good things that happened today.
Ryou ran up to meet Kurama at the doorway.
“What were you talking about, Kurama?” Asked Ryou curiously.
“Oh nothing, nothing,” answered Kurama. “Nothing important, anyway.”
Then they heard the door that Kurama was in open up. Karasu walk out with a smile on his face.
“Oh…Karasu…out already?” Said Kurama.
“I thought I locked the door!” Thought Kurama franticly.
“Takes more then a lock to keep me away from you, my Kitsune,” said Karasu wit a smile. He walked up to Kurama and laid an arm on Kurama. But then retreated it when Kurama gave him a frustrated look.
“Whatever you say, my Fox. But Ryou's not always going to be around,” Thought Karasu in his mind.
After telling Ryou that they really were talking about nothing, or nothing he needed to know about, they started walking down the large hall.
They were half way down the hall when Ryou's stomach let out a large growl. Ryou's face turned a bright red.
“Hungry, are we?” Asked Karasu.
“Uhh…no,” said Ryou timidly.
Karasu laughed to himself for a mement.
“You are a horrible liar, Ryou. Just to let you know,” said Karasu with a smile. “That's okay, though. You have no need to lie.”
Karasu looked straight into Ryou's dark brown eyes. And unknowingly, Ryou backed up into Kurama.
“How about we go eat? Lunch should be ready at this time,” said Karasu while wrapping an arm around Kurama.
“Okay,” said Ryou with a small nod.
“Good, now follow me,” said Karasu with a smile directed towards Kurama.
Kurama tried to take Karasu arm off him, but it was no use. And he didn't want Ryou to see that he didn't have much control of what was going on. So he had to let Karasu put an arm of him when they walked down the hall.
He knew that going with Karasu was a mistake, but how could he fix it now? Karasu would never let him go back on his promise. Karasu wanted him with him forever, never to leave. But the problem was that Kurama didn't want to stay. But what could he do?
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Enjoy! I was reading over my chapters the last couple of nights and found that I really am a choppy writer! Haha. Don't forget to Review. Thanks for reading!