Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ The Gang ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20: The Gang
 
Karasu brought Kurama and Ryou to a very large arched door.
“This is where you eat if you are hungry. Since you will be staying here with me you should know where everything is, shouldn't you?” said Karasu while taking his arm off Kurama for a moment to open the door.
Then a question hit Ryou.
“Why are we staying here,” thought Ryou. But he decided to ask Kurama latter.
The doors slowly, but surely creaked open. Inside the room was a long wooden table with many chairs. The walls looked to be made of the same kind of wood as the table. Also on the wall hung tapestries of all sorts. Ryou couldn't believe how real they looked. They were all very beautiful.
Karasu saw what Ryou was gazing at and chuckled quietly.
“Do you like them, Ryou?” Asked Karasu.
Ryou snapped out of his daze and looked at Karasu.
“Y-yes. They're very pretty,” stuttered Ryou.
“Yes. Just like something else in this room. Or should I say someone else,” said Karasu while eyeing Kurama.
Kurama gave a fake cough and glared at Karasu.
“Was he even listening when I talked to him!?” Thought Kurama. “Probably not. Or maybe he just didn't know what cocky meant?”
Kurama decided to let it go. Ryou had probably already forgot Karasu's comment. Kurama let his mind wonder off for a few moments. Then he remembered something. He hadn't told the gang where he was going! Nobody had the slightest idea!
Kurama let out a loud gasp and turned towards the door.
“What is it, my Kitsune?” Asked Karasu.
“I never told anyone where I am!” Said Kurama.
“Who needs to know?” Questioned Karasu.
“Everyone! Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Konema,” said Kurama.
“Why do they need to know?” Karasu asked.
“Because they're my team. They need to know these things. I can't just leave and give no reason. I should've told Hiei at least,” said Kurama franticly.
“Kurama you know what they would say if they found out that you were living with me, don't you?” Said Karasu.
“Yes, they would call me crazy,” said Kurama to himself.
Even thought Kurama said that to himself, Karasu still heard.
“And they would try to get you out. They would take you away. And I just can't allow that, Kurama,” said Karasu.
“Well they need to know where I am, at least,” said Kurama.
Karasu didn't want to hear anymore of this.
“That's enough, Kurama. We will talk about this after we eat,” said Karasu who pulled a chair out for Kurama and offered it to him.
“I can pull out my own chair, Karasu,” Said Kurama coldly.
“I know that,” Answered Karasu. “But that wouldn't be very polite of me, would it now?” Asked Karasu sweetly.
Ryou sat across from Kurama and Karasu. Kurama tried to edge away from Karasu as far as he could, but he couldn't get very far.
After they sat down and were settled a few plates for them appeared out of nowhere. Karasu acted like this was a normal thing, but it probably was because he does live there. Kurama and Ryou on the other hand were quite shocked. But they soon got over it and started eating.
Ryou had his favorite, Cream puffs. Ryou gladly started eating.
Kurama had the same thing as Karasu. At first Kurama didn't know what it was, but then Karasu saw his trouble look.
“It's just demon mean. I should've known you wouldn't remember it since you haven't been demon yourself for a good seventeen years it looks like,” whispered Karasu in Kurama's ear.
Kurama was very thankful that Karasu chose to whisper. That meant he must have listened, somewhat.
Kurama gave Karasu a nod and a quick smile before starting to eat his food. Karasu looked very satisfied after Kurama gave him a somewhat of a smile.
After they were all done eating Karasu was the first to stand up. He walked over to Kurama and pulled out his chair.
“Karasu,” said Kurama with a scowl. “I can do it myself.”
“Yes, I know, my dear. I'll truly just trying to be polite,” said Karasu while walking over to Ryou's chair and pulling it out for him also.
Ryou quickly got up from the chair when Karasu pulled it out. He got up to soon and too fast and ended up almost falling backwards, but luckily Kurama caught him and held him up.
“Oh, umm…thank you, Karasu,” said Ryou quickly.
“You're very welcome, little Ryou,” said Karasu with a smile.
Now that they were all out of their chairs they left the large dining room. They soon got into the hall and Karasu led them down a few winding staircases and out into a yard. Most likely a court yard because this was a castle. The yard was very beautiful, indeed, but it was also very large. There were flowers growing and trees blossoming. This was probably one of the things you would never expect a person like Karasu to own.
Karasu looked around it and then looked at Ryou.
“No…'intruders'…can enter this yard, Ryou. You will be safe here if you wish to be outside,” said Karasu while gazing down into Ryou's dark brown eyes.
Kurama was very thankful that Karasu used the word `intruders' instead of demons. But on the other hand, Ryou would need to find out sooner or later were he is.
“T-thank you,” said Ryou while dropping the gaze with Karasu quickly.
This time Karasu noticed that Ryou felt uncomfortable. He knelt down on one knee and lifted Ryou head. Karasu looked deep into Ryou's eyes.
“Ryou, do you fear me?” Said Karasu bluntly.
“N-no,” said Ryou quickly.
“Like I said before, you are a horrible liar, Ryou. And you do not need to fear me at all,” said Karasu while patting Ryou's head lightly and stroking his hair.
Ryou couldn't help but shiver. He backed up and forced a smile.
“I know, of course,” said Ryou hesitantly.
Karasu chuckled and then looked at Kurama.
“Ryou, how about you play here for a moment. I wish to go for a short walk with Kurama,” said Karasu.
Ryou nodded and walked off to a small patch of flower. He knelt down and looked at them and sighed. They were so beautiful.
Karasu stood there are watched him for a few moments. Then turned to Kurama.
“He's almost just like you, Kurama. So graceful and beautiful,” said Karasu while turning to look Kurama in the eyes.
Kurama growled at Karasu and glared deep into his eyes. He was talking about Ryou again.
“You wanted to go for a walk? Why?” Said Kurama. He was going to try his best to change the subject.
“Because, my silly Kitsune. It's such a beautiful day. Just lovely for a nice walk,” said Karasu.
“Where do you walk?” Asked Kurama in curiosity.
“Anywhere really. I own these woods so I come and go as I please,” said Karasu.
Karasu took hold of Kurama's hand again and started walking out to the gate of the courtyard. It took him about three minuets to get there because the yard was quite large. But when he did get there he opened the gate for Kurama and let him out first while still holding on to his hand tightly.
“How big is this forest?” Asked Kurama while looking around.
“It goes on for miles. I never really care enough to go and look, to tell the truth,” said Karasu.
The edge of the forest was dark. There was a small stone path leading deep into it. Kurama wondered when the path stopped. It looked like it could go on forever. Kurama pushed those thoughts to the back of hi mind, right now he was alone with Karasu and he had to watch his back.
In a matter of minuets Karasu and Kurama were walking on the stone path into the forest. Kurama had almost forgot what the forests in the Demon World looked like. They were much darker then the ones in the Human World. But in another way they were much more beautiful and thinker.
They walked in silence for a few minuets until Karasu asked a question.
“Earlier today. You said something along the line of `I should've told Hiei, at least. What did you mean by that?” Asked Karasu while watching Kurama closely.
“Well, just because I trust him a lot. We are partners, in a way,” answered Kurama casually.
“What?” Said Karasu while stopping on the path.
“No, not like that! Fighting partners, that's all,” said Kurama.
“Well, he will need to find a new fighting partner. I do not allow you to fight,” said Karasu while starting to walk on the path again.
“What!? But I have to, not because I want to, but I'm a spirit detective!” Said Kurama in confusion.
“No, I won't hear or it, Kurama,” said Karasu.
“Karasu, you can't stop me,” said Kurama in a serious tone.
Kurama continued walking, but at a faster pace then Karasu. Suddenly Kurama was stopped in his tracks.
“Wha…Why can't I move?” Thought Kurama.
“What's wrong, my fox? Having trouble moving, are we?” Asked Karasu sweetly.
“Why can't I move, Karasu?” Said Kurama heatedly.
“Kurama. I've gotten much stronger since the last time you saw me. Remember during the Dark Tournament? Yes, I was also strong then, but I have changed greatly in power,” said Karasu.
“Okay, I get it. Now let me go,” said Kurama while trying to calm down.
“Yes, my Kitsune,” said Karasu.
Kurama felt the force that held him fade. But the fact that he was trying to pull him-self forward before it was lifted made him fall forward with a `thump.'
Kurama groaned when he tried to get up. But he only got halfway up, and then he felt back down. This time he didn't even try to get up. But he felt a pair of arms wrap around him and pull him to his feet.
“Karasu, I could have gotten up on my own,” said Kurama while gaining balance.
“I know you could have, my darling. But I just wanted to help you a bit,” said Karasu.
They walked a bit more in silence. All that was heard was the wind going throw the tall trees. Finally Kurama needed to ask Karasu something.
“Karasu, is there any way I can keep in touch with the others?” Asked Kurama.
Karasu thought for a moment and then looked at Kurama.
“Why?”
“Because! I already told you. They're my friends. And I…well…I miss them,” said Kurama.
Karasu studied Kurama expression for a minuet. Kurama truly looked upset to him.
“Well,” started Karasu. “If they really mean that much to you I will let you write to them. But you may not say where you are or who you are with, understand?” Stated Karasu.
Kurama nodded his head and smiled. Karasu looked into Kurama's green eyes and chuckled.
“You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, my love,” said Karasu lovingly.
Kurama's expression turned from happy to annoyed. He let out a sigh and started walking. Karasu laughed to himself for a few more moments before following Kurama on the path.
“So does this path lead anywhere?” Asked Kurama.
“I don't know. I've never really gone on it before,” said Karasu.
“Oh…why not?”
“Because I never had a reason to,”
“What reason do you have today?”
“Because I wish to spend time with my kitsune today. Why else?” Asked Karasu.
Kurama groaned and continued walking…
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^