Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Lost ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21: Lost
 
Karasu grinned and followed Kurama. He was quite glad with the way things were going.
“So you don't know where this path leads?” Asked Kurama.
“No,” responded Karasu.
“Then shouldn't we turn around or something? We've been walking for hours,” said Kurama.
It was true. They had been walking for hours, yet the path led nowhere.
“I guess. If you want to, my kitsune,” said Karasu.
Kurama nodded and turned around. Then Kurama noticed something that would ruin his day. The path was gone. It was completely disappeared!
Kurama let out a gasp and turned to Karasu.
“The path! What happened to it? It's gone!” Said Kurama in shock.
Karasu turned around and looked at the ground slowly.
“Oh, so it is. That's quite the dilemma,” said Karasu with a smile.
Kurama looked ahead of himself and saw the path before him.
“What?” Said Kurama.
Kurama took a moment to look at the pathway. He bent down and touched it. To his surprise, as soon as he touched it, it disappeared.
Kurama focused on it and tried to think. What could he do now? The path had led them on so many winding twists and turns. Going straight back wouldn't work, so what could they do? Finally he gave up on thinking. He decided to take his chances again and ask Karasu.
“What are we going to do now?” Asked Kurama.
“I don't know. What do you think we should do?” Asked Karasu with a grin under his mask.
Kurama growled and got up. They were lost. Lost in the woods of the Demon World.
“Lets keep walking. This path has got to lead somewhere,” said Kurama.
Once again they both started walking. The farther they walking the darker the trees around them got. It seemed they were in some sort of labyrinth.
Kurama slowed down when he saw a very large tree up ahead on the path. When he got to it he slowly walked behind it. But he stopped when he heard a noise coming from the bushes by the path.
“What was that?” Asked Kurama curiously.
Karasu walked up to the bush and peered down. As soon as he peered down he grabbed Kurama and sprinted back to where he was standing.
Kurama looked at where he had been standing before. Where he was previously standing there was now a sharp sword sticking outward from the bushes.
Kurama gasped and backed up.
“Let me handle this, my fox,” said Karasu.
Kurama got very annoyed when he heard Karasu say this. There was no way he was going to let him fight for him!
“Karasu…” growled Kurama. “I can defend myself.”
“You couldn't a few seconds ago. Why should I believe you now?” Said Karasu playfully.
Kurama growled, but stayed silent.
Karasu once again approached the bush. Once he got right beside it he swiftly grabbed something from behind the bush. It was a demon! A demon with a strange looking sword.
“What business do you have in my woods, Demon?” Asked Karasu while gaining up some of his energy.
Kurama right away felt Karasu's energy grow; he also felt that Karasu was going to do away with the demon as well. The demon must of felt it as well because he soon began to sweat rapidly.
“L-Lord K-Karasu? This can't b-be! You never c-come in these woods. Though they a-are yours, anyway,” stuttered the demon.
Kurama moved out from behind Karasu. It took a while to get out of his strong grip, but he eventually did. Kurama then got a good look at the demon before him.
The demon was short and had brown hair and little red eyes. Something caught Kurama's eye. A sword. The sword the demon was holding looked familiar.
“Answer my question,” said Karasu sternly.
“N-nothing,” said the demon.
“Very well. Tell me your name,” said Karasu.
“Kiyotu,” he said.
“Well Kiyotu, what were you trying to do with that sword of yours?”
Then something caught Kiyotu's sight. Kurama.
“Is that man's name Kurama?” Asked Kiyotu.
“Why yes. This is Kurama, why do you ask?”
“This sword! Y-you can turn him to stone if you cut him! I know how you wish to kill whom ever you love, wouldn't it be much better to have them in stone instead?”
Karasu gazed at Kurama with interest. Kurama didn't like this.
“Stone, you say?” Said Karasu.
“Y-yes,” said Kiyotu.
Karasu walked over to Kurama and started stroking his hair. Kurama tried his best not to flinch.
“You are rather beautiful. And in stone you will never fade, Kurama,” said Karasu.
“Wait. Karasu! No,” said Kurama in a hurry.
Kurama was now barked against a tree. He had nowhere to run if Karasu decided to turn his to stone. And he was likely to choose to Kurama to stone.
Kurama shut his eyes tightly and pushed against the tree. Almost hoping that it would give in.
“But…I am sorry. I cannot do that to my darling. I would rather have him as he is. And besides, there are other ways of making him last without turning him to stone,” said Karasu.
It took a few moments for Kurama to let this register through his mind. Karasu wasn't going to turn him to stone?
Kurama slowly opened his eyes and backed off the tree. He looked around and then saw that Kiyotu was turned to stone!
Kurama looked around and then looked at Karasu. Karasu looked at Kiyotu and then at Kurama.
“Shall we continue?” Asked Karasu.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^