Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Ryou? ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24: Ryou?
 
Kurama opened the door of his room and looked around in the hall. The hall was completely empty. The fact that it was very large just made it more empty looking.
Before stepping out, Kurama once again noticed he was in pajamas. And he did not want to walk around with them on, really.
So he retreated back into the room for a moment to look for his own clothes.
It took him a while to look everywhere because he had a rather large room. But finally he found a closet. When he looked into the closet he saw that it had quite a bit of clothes in it. They all looked like they would fit him, but he just wanted his regular clothes. Everything else looked rather classy and expansive. But nevertheless, everything was beautiful, and Kurama could not deny that.
After a while of looking through everything Kurama found his old clothes. Someone must have washed them because they no longer had any blood or dirt on them.
`It must have been another one Karasu's servants,' thought Kurama.
Kurama quickly undressed and got into his old clothes again. He put his pajamas on his unmade bed and tried to brush out his hair with his hands, but it wasn't working very well. Not that his hair was very tangled, it felt like Karasu had been brushing it for him. But still, Kurama wanted to brush his hair himself. He was tired of Karasu always trying to do everything for him. Then he saw a small brush on a table in a corner. Kurama walked up to the table and picked up the brush. He leisurely started brushing his hair. After he was done he placed it back on the table and then started towards the door.
When he got in the hall he looked both ways, but saw nothing at all. Then he decided to look for Ryou.
`I hope he hasn't wandered much,' thought Kurama.
Kurama started down on end of the hall and made it to some stairs leading downward. He started going down the stairs. He knew that when Karasu led them out they went downwards. So going downstairs would be the best way to go.
After what seemed like hours, Kurama found his way out to the courtyard. Far by the gates he saw Ryou standing. He was just looking straight into the dark trees.
Kurama ran up to Ryou and looked at him. Ryou didn't even notice him. He had some sort of blank stare on his face.
“Ryou,” said Kurama.
Ryou didn't respond. Kurama got a bit worried.
“Ryou?” Asked Kurama while tapping Ryou lightly on the shoulder.
Ryou jumped and looked at Kurama.
“W-what?” Asked Ryou in confusion.
“What were you looking at?” Questioned Kurama.
“I don't know…I saw something in the woods, I guess,” said Ryou quietly.
“What did it look like?” Asked Kurama curiously.
“I couldn't tell. It was too dark,” said Ryou.
“Oh it was probably nothing…how about go for a walk and look around inside, Ryou?” said Kurama while trying to change the subject.
“Okay,” said Ryou cheerily.
`It really doesn't take much to get his mind off something,' thought Kurama with a smile.
Kurama led Ryou back inside. Together they both started to look around. They both doubted that they would be able to look at everything in one day. They doubted that they would be able to look at everything in even a month or more.
As Kurama and Ryou walked down a hall he needed to ask Kurama a few questions.
“Kurama?” Asked Ryou quietly.
“Yes, Ryou?”
“Why does Karasu always wear that mask?”
Kurama didn't know what to say. He couldn't just tell Ryou that Karasu uses that mask to control his demon energy. But what could he say?
“I don't know,” said Kurama with a shrug. It was best that he kept it short and simple.
“Oh,” said Ryou quietly.
“Why are we here, Kurama?” Asked Ryou.
Ryou was asking questions that Kurama could not answer truthfully. Kurama hated it when he did this.
“Because I wanted to see Karasu again, I guess,” lied Kurama. He couldn't believe what he had just said. Did he just say that he wanted to see Karasu? The very thought made Kurama feel a bit off.
Ryou gave a small nod while looking at Kurama.
“I was just a bit curious,” said Ryou with a smile.
They walked a little more and then Kurama felt it was his turn to ask a question.
“Ryou?” Asked Kurama.
“What?” Answered Ryou.
“How do you feel around Karasu?” Asked Kurama.
“Well…I…” Started Ryou while thinking. “I felt nervous around him. He…he sort of scares me in a way.
“Yes. Karasu can do that to people,” said Kurama with a bit of a chuckle.
“But…I don't think the spirit of my ring likes him too much,” said Ryou.
“Oh? Why is that?”
“Before when I first found myself here, Bakura wanted to talk to me,”
“Bakura?”
“Oh yes. That's the name of the spirit,”
“Oh, okay. Please go on,”
“Well he wanted to talk to me about Karasu. I woke up before Bakura could really tell me anything, but by the tone of his voice, he didn't seem to friendly about Karasu,”
“So he doesn't like Karasu?”
“I guess not,”
Kurama and Ryou walked a few more floors.
“I have another question, Ryou,” said Kurama.
“Okay,”
“Bakura. Did he ever harm you?”
Ryou stopped walking and looked at the ground for a moment. Then he looked at Kurama.
“Well…I'm not sure. My memory is very blurry after he takes control of me, but I think he was the one who did this to my arm,” said Ryou while holding out his hurt arm.
“Other then that I doubt he would hurt me, because he needs me to survive. We sort of share this body you could say,” said Ryou.
“That's strange,” said Kurama.
“Yes, it is. But he only controls me when I duel with someone with a millennium idem or when he needs to deceive my friends to get a millennium idem,” said Ryou with a bit of a frown.
“Duel? What do you mean?” Asked Kurama.
“Back from where I come from there is a card game called `duel monsters.' It's quite fun and popular, if you ask me. But in ancient times it was used in the process of obtaining the millennium idem, well that was the way Bakura used it. Or to send souls to the shadow realm,” Said Ryou while taking his deck out of his pocket.
Ryou showed the cards to Kurama. He looked very fascinated in them. Most of the cards looked like demons.
“That's very interesting, Ryou. How about you show me how to play?” Asked Kurama.
“Okay,” said Ryou with a smile. It seemed like forever since the last time he played.
Kurama opened a door and looked inside. It was just what he was looking for. It looked like a living room. Kurama lead Ryou in. Ryou walked over to a table and sat down.
“First I'll shuffle and split the deck,” said Ryou.
Kurama watched as Ryou quickly shuffled the deck and spilt the deck. He then placed half on both sides on the table.
He quickly said the rules as Kurama listened closely.
“And that's about all you need to know,” finished Ryou.
“Okay. It doesn't seem that hard,” said Kurama.
“Let's duel!”
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the review Goddess_writer625! Haha, your funny. ^_^