Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Back ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26: Back
 
Karasu walked along the path to his home. He was a bit upset because he was later then usual.
He looked up at the night sky. The stars were brighter then usual. He wondered if Kurama had taken time to look at them this wonderful night. The very thought of Kurama made him smile. Kurama was his. Now that Kurama was with him, he would never let him go…ever.
Soon Karasu was before the main gates. He easily passed through them. He then walked across the courtyard and looked up to Kurama's window. The lights were off.
“My kitsune must have gone to bed…” whispered Karasu to himself with a grin.
Karasu sped up his pace a bit. It was time for him to pay Kurama visit. Especially after he had so rudely left the last time they were together. He could still remember that moment perfectly. The look of confusion in his kitsune's eyes, he would never forget it.
Karasu entered through the large doors. He started to go up the stairs. He slowed his pace down, not wanting to wake his fox.
Once he got to Kurama's door he stopped. He wondered if he was still awake. So cautiously he put his ear to the door and listen. Everything was quiet, the only thing he heard was Kurama's soft breathing.
Satisfied that Kurama was asleep, he open the door. A few candles were still lit by the doorway. And at the far wall of the room he saw Kurama's bed.
He approached the bed and looked into it. Kurama was sleeping on his stomach. He had his hands under the pillow and his face snuggled into it.
Karasu sighed softly at the sight and then started to stroke Kurama's light hair.
“Such a beautiful fox, aren't we?” Whispered Karasu in Kurama's ear.
Kurama cringed and then relaxed once more. Every time Karasu stroked his hair it sent chills through him.
“What are you dreaming about, my dear?”
 
 
Dream************************************************************
 
Youko was swiftly running through the think forest. He was looking for someone.
Then something caught his eye. There was something…no…someone leaning against a trunk of a tree.
Youko stopped from his running and looked at the figure. It was another kitsune, a young one.
This was quite strange because there were not many left. What were his chances of finding one right in the middle of the woods…and alone?
Youko started to approach the kitsune slowly, not wanting to frighten it away. He knelt down to it and lifted its head.
He saw streaks of blood in the kitsune's whitish-silver hair. He then decided to take the small kitsune with him. He couldn't leave him here.
He was sometime cruel, but he was not completely heartless.
He took the young kitsune in his arms and started off to where he lived. He wondered how he would explain this to Kuronue…
 
End Of Dream************************************************************
 
Kurama woke up quickly. He had felt someone play with his hair. He laid back down. He was so tired he didn't even know if he could move. Getting up so fast took almost all his energy.
Then to much of his surprise he felt someone sitting on the bed. He tried to get up, but was pushed back down by a strong pair of hands.
Kurama tried to peer through the darkness, but couldn't. His eyes were so tired he could barely keep them open.
He then felt a pair of arms lift him up bridle-style. Kurama came to his drowsy senses and finally figured out that it was Karasu.
“Karasu…” Started Kurama.
“Hush, my fox. Having a dream, were you? You looked rather happy. What was the dream about, may I ask?”
“No, you may not,” said Kurama sleepily.
“Oh fine. I'm sorry I was so late. I am usually back earlier,” said Karasu while lifting Kurama closer to him.
Kurama struggled to get away, but it was no use.
“Where did you go?” Asked Kurama.
“Nowhere, nowhere. You will learn all in good time. This is if you are a good little fox,” said Karasu with a smile.
“Oh, just shut up, Karasu,” said Kurama.
“You're so grumpy. You must still be tired,” said Karasu while laying Kurama back down on the bed.
Kurama growled when he felt Karasu slip into bed next to him.
Kurama rolled out of bed and on to his feet while bumping into a nearby wall for support.
“You still don't feel comfortable with me? That's a shame. I'm comfortable with you, just to let you know,” said Karasu.
“Get out of my bed, Karasu!” Said Kurama in a loud whisper.
“Okay, my daring. But before I go…”
Kurama heard Karasu get up from the bed and walk over towards him. Kurama braced himself and leaned harder against the wall when he felt Karasu right next to him.
“Karasu, please…” whispered Kurama.
Kurama felt himself being lifted up by Karasu and carried over to his bed. Karasu laid him down on the bed and tucked him in warmly.
Kurama heard footsteps leave the room and the door close.
He slowly opened his eyes and saw that Karasu was no longer in the room. He was a bit thankful for that.
But then something else, besides Karasu, came into his mind. Ryou. That dream. But it wasn't a dream. It was memory. A memory of their past, how they first met. It was a memory that Kurama would not forget. There were also a few other memories that he would not forget. Bad memories. But their was no need to think of those, right?
Kurama pushed his head deeper into the pillow and then fell into a deep dream-less sleep…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the review goddess_writer625!
~I put a dream in it; it's not really a nightmare. But in later chapters I'll try to put some in about Ryou and Kurama's past~