Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Ryou's Dream ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27: Ryou's Dream…
 
Ryou's night was better then Kurama's. He didn't have to worry about Karasu coming in on him. Karasu just merely wanted Kurama, not him. Ryou was quite thankful for this, Karasu did scare him a lot. Ryou didn't want Kurama to know how much Karasu frightened him. Ryou had a way to cover up his emotions, but Kurama always saw through that. But again, Karasu only wants Kurama. In a twisted way it was sort of funny. Karasu loves Kurama, but Kurama despised Karasu. Even though Kurama said that they were friends (sort of) Ryou still knew that Kurama just couldn't stand Karasu sometimes. Ryou could also tell when Kurama was covering up his feelings, but he didn't do that as often as Ryou did himself.
But Ryou had some problems of his own, too. What was he going to do? He was pretty much trapped in another dimension. What's a guy to do, really? What about his friends? What would they think? They would probably think that he got sent to the shadow realm or something like that…
Ryou sighed when this came to his mind. His friends. It seemed like forever since the last time he had just hung out with them. Between all the things that were going on and his Yami controlling him, he didn't have much time to himself.
Then he heard a voice in his head, his Yami.
“Don't complain about me taking over your mind, I have my own reasons,” Said Bakura harshly in Ryou's mind.
“Wha?” Breathed Ryou as he shot up in bed.
“And if you keep worrying about your friends, I can make you forget them if you wish”
Slowly something materialized in front of Ryou! It was the spirit of the ring!
Bakura lazily slouched on the bed and looked at Ryou.
“Now to finish what I was telling you,” said Bakura in his normal raspy voice.
Ryou nodded and sat up straight to show he was listening.
“Good boy,” remarked Bakura with a chuckle when he saw Ryou stiffen.
Ryou sat puzzled for a moment then decided to ignore what his Yami said.
“Now as I was saying. It's not just about Karasu, it seems your soul has certain ties to this dimension. Which is quite strange because I seriously doubt that you have ever been here, have you? If you are not telling me something then I must recommend that you speak now, or face the cost”
“N-not that I know of. All of this is very new to me. I thought there were only two dimensions, the shadow realm and…well…the normal one. I never really thought there were any others.”
“Baka…” replied Bakura in a low whisper to himself.
“Well…how was I supposed to know!?” Shouted Ryou in frustration.
“Hush boy!” said Bakura and a loud whisper. “Well, no matter. I'll search through your memory later-,” started Bakura but was soon cut off by Ryou.
“No you will not,” said Ryou in a loud whisper.
“Shush, no have no right to oppose.”
“Oh yes I do! It's my memory! And-,” Started Ryou, but was soon cut off by Bakura. Bakura clamped his hand firmly over Ryou's mouth and gave him an angry look.
Ryou's eyes widened as they both heard footsteps approaching. They stopped at Ryou's door.
Bakura roughly forced Bakura to lie back down and close his eyes. To Ryou's surprise he felt the spirit of the ring tuck him in warmly then quickly disappear.
Ryou tried his best to stay still and pretend to sleep as he heard the door of his room slowly open.
Then the door opened more and something walked in carefully. It paced around the room for a while and then stopped at the door.
Ryou was too scared to breathe. If `it' didn't leave soon, Ryou would surely suffocate from loss of air.
To his horror he felt `it' come right next to his bed and lean down to his face. Suddenly he felt cold all over. It felt like the very life of him was being drained out.
Ryou couldn't take it anymore. He reluctantly let out a soft whimper. Then quickly, `it' retreated back to the door and left with out a trace. The door quietly closed behind `it'. And once again everything was quiet.
After waiting five minuets, Ryou dared to open his eyes. He opened his eyes to see a very grumpy spirit waiting for him.
“Is it g-gone, Bakura?” Asked Ryou while still griping his blankets and peering around the room nervously. `It must have been one of Karasu's servants or something,' Ryou thought.
“Yes. And sometime in the near future I am going to have to teach you how to be quiet. You would have never been a tomb robber,” said Bakura in a whisper.
“You didn't have to tell me that, I'm not that native,” said Ryou.
“Yes you are,”
“Fine,” said Ryou with a sigh. There was no use in arguing with his Yami; he would always have the upper hand. Every time Ryou tried his best to prove his Yami wrong he ended up being laughed at or `spending a little time in the shadow realm.'
Ryou could still remember the first time Bakura sent him to the shadow realm…
 
FLASHBACK******************************************************
 
“Yami, I don't want to help Marik! He's trying to hurt my friends!” Said Ryou franticly.
“Well, my little Ryou. You don't have any choice in this, just to let you know. You will do as I say. Whether it hurts your friends or not, understand?” Said Bakura. He was getting rather annoyed with fighting with Ryou.
“No! I…I won't do it!” Said Ryou while taking off his ring and throwing it to the ground.
“Yes you will! And you will learn to obey me and do as you're told. You will stop being so stubborn. But since you've given me such a hard time…I guess you should have a little punishment, don't you think?” Said Bakura with a grin.
“P-punishment?” Asked Ryou with tears welling up in his brown eyes. He looked down at the ground he had a pretty good idea of what was coming.
“Shh. Don't cry, little Ryou,” said Bakura while walking up to Ryou. “I'm only trying to help you,”
Ryou continued to stare down. He watched as his own tears hit the ground.
“How about some time in the shadow realm?” Asked Bakura sweetly.
Ryou lifted his head quickly to look at his Yami.
“What? B-but you can! I haven't lost in a duel to you! You can't send me to the shadow realm!” Shouted Ryou in disbelief. He had expected something bad, but certainly not this!
“Oh Ryou. You're once again underestimating the power of our ring,”
“That ring doesn't belong to me!” Cried out Ryou while turning away from it.
“But it does Ryou, it does,” said Bakura while going over and picking up the ring. He once again walked over to Ryou.
Ryou's eyes widened as he felt Bakura place the ring around his neck.
“N-no! Wait! I-”
But it was too late.
Ryou was already in the shadow realm…
 
END FLASHBACK*************************************************
Ryou remembered how much pleasure Bakura got out of sending him to the shadow realm. Ryou was always so shaken up when he got back. The first time he was sent there, he clung to Bakura and cried for what seemed like days afterwards. Surprisingly, Bakura didn't throw him off; he actually comforted him and told him it would be okay. It was strange; It was like he was actually only trying to help him.
For now, Ryou would have to say it would be best to not fight. He really didn't need any more time in the shadow realm. He absolutely hated that place. So dark and lonely…
“Now. About Karasu,” stated Bakura while ripping Ryou out of his deep thoughts.
“Yes? What about him?”
“I don't like him, not at all. I like nothing of this new dimension. And you are to not try and wander off. I think I can trust this `Kurama' with you…but I never know. You show to have bonded with him quite fast, perhaps you memory will reveal a bit-,”
“Bakura, please no. I don't like it when you go through my memory…”
“Oh? Well why not?” Asked Bakura out of pure curiosity.
“B-because it makes me remember things I don't wish to,” said Ryou sadly.
Bakura looked at Ryou. Ryou was staring down at his blankets with a blank look. Slowly, Bakura cupped Ryou's chin and lifted his head to meet his gaze.
“Don't worry, little Ryou. I promise to be gentle with you…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Suddenly Ryou awoke. It was daytime. The light from the sun shined brightly into his room.
Ryou struggled to get up and finally managed to do so after a minuet of trying. He then noticed that he was sweating. He threw his blanket off him in an attempt to cool down.
“Was that all just a dream?” Ryou asked himself out loud.
“I'm afraid not, my little Ryou,” said the raspy voice that Ryou knew all too well.
Ryou let out a small gasp and fell back on the bed. He knew what was coming and there was no stopping it. Then everything went black and he was no longer able to keep himself awake…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thank you for the reviews: Shacel, Goddess_writer625, Sandra-Serena, and Drof Tceferp!
 
No! I'm still a choppy writer? Oh well, I'm working on it, Haha. But anyways, thanks for the reviews!