Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Unpleasant Tricks ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28: Note??
 
When Kurama woke up he was sleepily then normal. He woke up quite a few times after Karasu had left. He kept on thinking that Karasu would come back for one last late night visit. But luckily he did not.
Kurama sighed when he got up from his bed. Then remembered something. He could write to his friends. That was a good thing! It would be best if he wrote now. He knew how they could get if they had to wait too long. Especially Yusuke and Kuwabara, but Kurama could also picture Hiei getting a bit annoyed if he had to wait too long.
So right away Kurama looked around his room. He needed to find something to write with and write on. After looking through the room, Kurama saw a desk. The desk was like any desk. It was made of wood and had a wood chair.
Kurama sat down at the desk and looked through one of its compartments. To his luck he did find paper and some writing utensils. There was a cup that obtained quite a few different kinds of thing that had the abilities to write. There were a few pencils, some pens, and some old quills. At the end of the compartment were a few crystal bottles of black ink. Though there was a wide selection of things to pick from, Kurama chose to use just a pencil.
He took out some paper and a pencil and thought of what he should write. What was there to write? He couldn't tell them any real information. It's not like he could just say: “Hey Guys, Sorry I completely disappeared this week. It so happens that Karasu is alive and now he holding me captive. Funny, huh?”
Kurama sighed. There wasn't much he could tell them. Karasu wouldn't allow him to tell them where he is, or who he's with. He would just have to make the best of it.
Kurama closed him eyes and leant backwards on the chair.
“I wondered what the other are doing right now,” Thought Kurama.
 
In Spirit World*****************************************************
 
“What do you mean you can't find Kurama anywhere in the Human World, Ogre!?” Shouted Konema at the blue monster.
“Just what I said. I followed your commands and still haven't found any trace of him, sir,” said the blue ogre nervously.
“So Kurama has pretty much just disappeared? That's great,” said Yusuke.
“What!? He can't be gone! People just don't disappear into THIN AIR! GIVE ME A BREAK!” Shouted Kuwabara.
“Shut up, Kuwabara. He's somewhere…we just need a clue to where he is…” said Hiei while getting off of the wall he was slouching against.
“Shrimp…” muttered Kuwabara under breath.
“So until then what can we do?” Asked Yusuke in a bored tone.
“Well…since there really is no way to scan through the Demon World, there's not much we can do,” answer Konema.
“Wait, wait. How do we know he's in the Demon World? Maybe he's just in the Human World…but…he's…ummm…hiding?” Said Kuwabara. He didn't really like the idea of Kurama being alone in the Demon World. Sure he knew that Kurama could take care of himself, but he couldn't help but to worry a bit.
“Why would Kurama hide, Baka?” Asked Hiei.
“Well, I don't know! Jeez…always have to prove me wrong,” said Kuwabara in an annoyed voice.
Hiei on the other hand just rolled his eyes and went back to slouching on the wall.
“We'll have to just wait and see, I guess,” said Konema with a worried expression on his face.
 
Kurama***********************************************************
 
After about ten minuets of doing nothing but thinking, Kurama decided he'd better start writing if he wanted to finish this today.
Kurama once again sighed. He looked down at his page and started writing. But stopped abruptly.
“How would they write back? That's one of the biggest points of writing. To receive a letter,” Thought Kurama. “Besides, how else would Kurama know for sure that they were really getting the letters?”
Kurama got up from his desk and walled towards the door. He would probably have to ask Karasu about this…but he doubted he would get very far in an argument against him, but there was no harm in trying. But before he reached the door, something caught his eyes, something on his pillow?
There was a note on his pillow. Kurama looked at it for a moment and then walked over to pick it up.
It was made out of the same sort material-paper that the first note he received from Karasu was made out of. Kurama unfolded the paper slowly and read it:
Sorry again that I had to leave yesterday so quickly when we were together. I truly feel terrible and I wish to make it up to you.
“Well, he won't be able to do anything if I don't know where he is. If only he would understand that I don't really care,” Thought Kurama.
Kurama walked out of his room and then started walking down the long hallway. Every time he looked at it, it seemed to grow larger.
Kurama kept on walking until he slipped on something. He fell backwards with a `thump.' Instead of getting up, Kurama just laid there for a moment. Then he thought it best if he was to look at what he tripped over.
To his surprise he saw that it was sort of…crystal-ish rock? That is strange. Then Kurama saw a small trail of them leading down the hall. Kurama jammed the rock into his pocket and got up off the floor.
Kurama looked at them curiously and then continued down the hall while following the trail.
Kurama let his curiosity get the best of him. Kurama knew very well that he should not follow the trail. But what's the worst that could happen? Karasu already made it quite clear that he had no intentions of hurting him.
Then the trail soon stopped outside a door. The door looked like any other door, nothing unusual about it. It was just what was inside that Kurama worried about.
Kurama pushed his worries to the back of his mind and decided to open the door once and for all. It would do know good just standing there and watching the door.
Slowly Kurama took a deep breath and open the door. Everything inside the room was completely dark and black. There were no lights at all on, not even a window.
Kurama bit his tongue and walked closer to the doorway. The moment he did he wished he hadn't.
Suddenly two strong arms pulled him into the room. Kurama let out a gasp and tried to fight back, but it was no use. He was taken by surprise and completely vulnerable.
To his horror, once he was in, the door shut behind him! Kurama grabbed the knob and tried turning it, but it was locked. He was trapped in the room with someone else!
Kurama turned around swiftly and tried to look into the darkness. He couldn't believe that there were no windows in this room at all.
That's when he heard someone walking up to him. Kurama stopped moving and listened to the soft footsteps approaching him. He could do nothing but wait. There was nowhere else to go, nowhere to run. This was completely nerve-racking for him. He hated being cornered.
The footsteps abruptly stopped in front of him. Kurama closed his eyes. It didn't really make a difference because it was too dark to see anything, anyway.
Then Kurama's fear got the best of him. He panicked, he couldn't take anymore. So without a second thought, Kurama turned around to the door and franticly started turning the knob, hoping that it would give way. But the door was strong and didn't even budge. He wouldn't even doubt that a person walking outside the door wouldn't even notice anything.
Kurama felt a pair of arms enfold him and bring his into a solid chest. Kurama struggled to break free, but couldn't. He was being held firmly. Two hands started to softly stroke Kurama's deep red hair slowly. Surprisingly, this seemed to somewhat calm him down.
Slowly, but surely, Kurama started calming down. He stopped thrashing against what was holding him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then looked up to what was holding him. He already knew it was just Karasu, but something felt different. Something felt not right.
Then to his revulsion he saw that it wasn't Karasu. His eyes were now adjusted to the dark and he could see that all that was holding him was a disheartened looking shadow.
When Kurama saw this he completely went numb all over. He let out a loud gasp and then once again struggled, but this time he threw himself against the door in attempt to get out.
To his luck, this time it work. He landed hard on the marble floor. His head spun and he tried to regain himself. His eyes burned from the suddenly brightness. Then he heard a familiar voice.
“What's wrong, my fox? You're awfully pale,”
Kurama looked up to see Karasu standing above him in wonder. For once Kurama was actually glad to see him.
“Karasu!” Gasped Kurama franticly.
“Yes, darling?”
“I-in there. There's something,” said Kurama while getting to his unsteady legs.
Karasu walked over to Kurama and started helping him up. Kurama protested, but then took the help. He couldn't feel anything.
“There,” said Karasu in satisfaction after helping Kurama to his feet. “Now you say there was something in here?”
Karasu walked over to the open door and peered in. Everything was still, dark and quiet.
“Well, I don't see anything, my kitsune. Perhaps I should go in and check for myself,” said Karasu.
Karasu started walking in but soon stopped when Kurama desperately grabbed his arm. Karasu looked at Kurama in shock. Then Kurama quickly let go of his hand when he realized what he was doing.
“Don't want me to go in? You're so sweet, my fox. But don't worry. I will not take long, I promise,” said Karasu while looking into Kurama's dark green eyes.
Kurama turned away, ashamed of what he had just done. Karasu just chuckled and patted Kurama's head lightly before he left to enter the room. He then walked into the dark room. About five minuets later, Kurama saw him come back out of the room unharmed.
“I'm sorry, my fox. I didn't see anything. Can you maybe tell me what happened?” Asked Karasu while kneeling down to Kurama.
Kurama didn't say anything. It even sounded strange to him. Saying that he was afraid of a shadow.
After Karasu was pretty sure that Kurama wasn't going to speak, he picked Kurama up and started walking down the hall.
Kurama got a little upset at first, but he was getting used to this. He closed his eyes and sighed, he decided to just let it go. There was no use in trying to fight with Karasu.
Karasu brought Kurama into his room. Karasu set him down on his bed. Kurama looked around his room and wondered how they got there so fast. His room was a good three floors from the dark room he entered. But then the thought passed his mind when he felt Karasu start stroking his red hair. Kurama hated it when he did this. It always sent chills up his spine.
“Now why don't you tell me what happened?” said Karasu sweetly.
“No,” said Kurama coldly.
“Please Kurama?” Asked Karasu sweetly. “You seemed to have liked me a few moments ago when you grabbed my arm, didn't you?”
“No,” said Kurama sternly.
“Oh why not?”
“Because…well…fine,” said Kurama while closing his eyes in frustration.
“Go on,” said Karasu with a smile.
“Well, I needed to ask you a question so I went to go look for you, I guess. And then I came across this trail of some sort of rock,” said Kurama while digging in his pocket for the one he had first picked up. But it was gone!
`Where is it?! I knew I had it. I felt it!' thought Kurama hesitantly.
“There's no need to worry. It was an illusion, nothing more. I will see to it that he is executed immediately, my fox,” said Karasu sternly while getting up.
“Who? Executed? Wait a minuet, Karasu,” said Kurama in confusion.
Karasu gave Kurama a puzzled look and then sat back down.
“What is it?”
“Whom are you talking about?” Asked Kurama while trying to regain with normal tone.
“Oh, just a servant of mine. He likes to play jokes on unsuspecting people. I guess that `unsuspecting person' was you this time,” said Karasu with a grin behind his cold mask.
“Why are you going to execute him? If it was just a joke,” said Kurama with a serious look.
“Because…sometimes the jokes get out of hand and an unsuspecting person, you, could get harmed. I can't have that. And by the way you looked when you got out of that room, it had looked like that was taken a bit too far,” said Karasu while getting back up.
 
“Karasu, no. I don't want you to…umm…please??” Asked Kurama as nice as he could manage.
Karasu thought for a moment and then looked back at Kurama.
“…Fine,” said Karasu with a half hearted sigh. “But if anything happens again…”
Kurama nodded and then got up from his bed. But was pulled back down by Karasu.
“Now that we're here…why don't we pick up from where we left off?” Asked Karasu kindly.
 
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the review Shacel!