Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Unwanted Memory ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 31: Unwanted Memory
 
 
It seemed that hours passed in the time that Kurama was sleeping. The healer busily tended to him, taking great care. He could tell that this person was of great importance to Karasu. And if he was to harm him…well…Milyama really didn't want to think of that. The only thing he did not understand at the time is why wouldn't he want to tell Kurama that he was a Lord of the Demon World?
After Milyama was completely done he sighed and walked over to Karasu hesitantly.
Karasu was sitting in a chair on the far end of the room staring at the ceiling and seemed to be in very deep thought. Milyama did not know if he should even disturb him. After thinking for a moment he thought it would be best if he waited a while, but it was too late. Karasu noticed him turning around quickly.
“What is it?” Asked Karasu sharply.
Milyama stopped dead in his tracks and turned to Karasu.
“I-I have finished with Kurama,”
Karasu expressions lighten a bit when he heard this.
“Oh really?” Said Karasu while getting up and walking over to the table of which Kurama was on. Followed closely by Milyama.
When by the table, Karasu studied Kurama. Kurama was completely bandaged on his chest and stomach.
“Very professional…” commented Karasu.
At that moment a wide smile broke onto Milyama's face.
“R-really?!” He said with excitement.
Karasu nodded and then picked Kurama up into his arms genteelly. Then looked down at Milyama.
“Is there anything I need to know?” Asked Karasu.
“Well…yes. A few things, really. He needs to get a lot of rest because in the fall he had he broke a few ribs,” said Milyama quietly, not wanting to anger Karasu in any way. “He needs to stay well fed to properly heal. And last but certainly not lest, he needs someone to watch after him closely and care for him,”
Karasu grinned at the last thing. He could certainly take care of all that.
“And that's it-…oh yeah, and he shouldn't walk for a while, and I'm sure that's it,” said Milyama respectfully.
“Good,” said Karasu with a nod. “I thank you for your kind help,”
Karasu walked to the door and Milyama opened it for them quickly.
Karasu got on to the path way and then started walking back towards his home…no, their home. Kurama's home, too. Where Kurama should stay forever. Forever with him…
This thought made Karasu in an even better mood then he was before. Just the thought of always having his kitsune with him always made him feel good. And he knew that there was virtually nothing to take Kurama away from him. He was a Lord of the Demon world, and that gave him a great deal of power.
He soon came to the gates. He once again easily passed through them and made his way into the castle. Karasu swiftly carried Kurama up stairs once again to his room.
We when he came to Kurama's door he stopped and looked down at Kurama's sleeping form. Kurama really wasn't in as much pain as he was before. Surprisingly Kurama was still fast asleep. The drug mustn't have worn off yet.
Karasu opened the door and walked over to Kurama's bed and laid him down slowly, not wanting to wake him. He walked over to a closet and took a blanket out. He covered Kurama with it and then tucked him in warmly, but was careful not to hurt him chest or stomach. Karasu sat down on the bed and gazed at Kurama.
“Such a beautiful fox, aren't we?” Asked Karasu while brushing back some red locks from Kurama's face.
Kurama stirred a bit when he did this, but did not wake.
Then Karasu remembered something. He hadn't seen Ryou, yet. It was about time he checked on him.
So with that thought, Karasu reluctantly got up from the bed and went to the door. But before he left he took one last look at Kurama, his Kurama.
Karasu walked out of the room and closed the door quietly behind him. He then started walking to Ryou's room. With the help of a few unknown passages he made it to his room in just a few minuets.
When he opened the door everything was dark. Since it was in the twilight hours and all the curtains were closed. Karasu looked around the room and then saw Ryou lying on his bed. But something was different about him…something had changed.
Karasu walked up to Ryou and noticed that Ryou wasn't asleep…no, he was awake. He was just staring blankly into nothing, though. Karasu didn't really know how to react to this…
 
In Ryou Mind************************************************************
 
“Shush, Ryou. It won't take long if you cooperate,” said the spirit of the ring. He could hear the pleads of his other half in the back of his mind.
Bakura was now once again at the entrance to Ryou's soul room.
Suddenly Bakura felt the presence of someone near Ryou. He mentally growled at this. He would have to try to do this fast. He would probably not be able to see much before Ryou awoke, but that didn't matter. He could do the rest later, or something.
Bakura closed his eyes and concentrated hard for a moment and his millennium started to glow brightly.
When Bakura opened his eyes he saw an illusion, no not an illusion, a memory, a memory of Ryou's past. It was of him and his sister in their yard. They were playing together happily. Of course Ryou was a bit older then her, he already knew that. But this wasn't deep enough into his memory, there was more, he felt it.
Bakura once again closed his eyes and thought hard and his ring started to glow rapidly. This time when he opened his he saw what he saw Ryou…but he was a bit different this time. He…he was a…kitsune? It was true, Ryou looked like a fox, sort of. He had a white tail of a fox and two white ears. And next to him was another kitsune?
“How can this be!?” Thought Bakura in disbelief. Bakura didn't know much of this dimension yet, but he had learned quite a bit in the information that was given.
Bakura looked over to the other fox. They seemed to be talking to each other. Bakura listened in for a moment; he didn't want to hear what he heard.
“Yes, Kurama,” said Ryou's fox form happily with a smile.
What was happening?
“Ryou's human! Not some fox!” Yelled Bakura to himself in frustration. Ryou was from Kurama's past?
This couldn't be true! Because…because Bakura remembered Ryou from his past. Ryou was his. Bakura had found him. He had kept him and protected him. Ryou was there with him, back in Kuru Eruna. There was no way he was going to let some fox demon take his light away.
As the illusion faded Bakura turned around in anger and blindly hit the wall. At that moment Ryou entered the room. He was a bit shocked to see Bakura in his soul room.
“What are you doing in here, Yami?” Asked Ryou. “You look…a bit…angry. Maybe I should leave-,”
“No, I'm fine, Ryou. You should know what I was doing in here,” said Bakura while letting the anger fade off his face, replaced by a grin.
“Y-You…went through my memory? B-But…I didn't feel anything,” said Ryou in confusion. He could usually tell when his Yami went though his memory; he would always remember things from his past. Especially his younger sisters death…
“Well, because I went much deeper into your memory,” said Bakura. And I found that you-,” then he stopped himself. Did he really want to tell Ryou about his path now? Might it encourage his relationship with Kurama? The best thing for now was to keep quiet. And to Bakura's fortune someone started to wake Ryou.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryou slowly snapped out of his daze from someone shaking his arm lightly. To his horror, he saw that Karasu was staring at him head on. Ryou let out a small gasp and laid down quickly and closed his eyes tightly.
He heard a deep chuckle and then felt something start brushing against his cheeks.
Ryou's eyes shot open and he let out another gasp.
“Karasu…p-please,” stuttered Ryou while once again tightly closing his eyes.
“Aww, Ryou. I told you, you don't need to be afraid of me. You know I would never hurt you, don't know?” Asked Karasu with a grin behind his mask.
Ryou didn't respond. He was far too afraid to talk. He just kept his eyes closed.
Everything was quiet for a few minuets, he had heard a door close and Ryou deemed it to be safe.
Ryou sat up and open his eyes. He looked around the room and everything was normal. Maybe Karasu had left? Maybe? Probably.
Then Ryou remembered something, a memory of him and his sister. His Yami had briefly looked at that memory and now Ryou was as well seeing it.
Ryou sat up and drew his knees closer to them and hugged them tightly. After a few seconds he buried his head in his knees and started to cry. What he didn't know was that Karasu had not left the room, no, Karasu was still watching him closely.
Karasu slowly moved out of the corner he was watching Ryou from and approached the bed. Ryou was now crying so deeply he didn't notice Karasu sit on the bed next to him.
“Ryou?” Asked Karasu softly while putting an arm around him lightly.
Ryou's head immediately shot up to look at Karasu.
“K-Karasu? Please go away,” said Ryou while burying him head deeper into his knees.
“Why are you crying, Ryou?” Asked Karasu, ignoring Ryou's plead for him to leave.
Ryou didn't say anything, but shook his head and cried more.
Karasu pulled Ryou next to him and wrapped an arm around him.
“Tell me what's wrong…” Said Karasu sternly.
Karasu could tell that Ryou needed to get something off his chest.
“I-I…don't want to,” said Ryou.
“It will only make you feel better,”
Ryou looked up to Karasu with reddened reds from crying. He hadn't noticed how close Karasu was to him. The next thing Karasu did didn't help Ryou that much.
Karasu lifted Ryou up and placed him on his lap.
“Now tell me what's wrong. I know you want to talk about it,” said Karasu.
“Karasu…” said Ryou sadly while looking at the floor.
“Go on,”
“Fine,” said Ryou in a defeated tone. “My younger sister…she died…and now I sort have remembered a memory of us…when things were normal for us. Before I received the ring. Before my mother passed away…before anything…” finished Ryou sadly.
Karasu sat for a minuet and didn't say anything. He was really at a lost for words. But then he looked down at Ryou and cupped his chin and forced Ryou to look up.
“Ryou, it will be okay. I promise,”
Ryou nodded and then looked away with a forlorn look.
Karasu smiled and lifted Ryou up and then put him on the bed and covered him.
“Now…don't you feel better now that you talked about it?” Asked Karasu with a slight sign of a smile behind his mask.
Surprisingly, he did feel better. But he couldn't believe that he just shared a part of his past that he would share with almost no one, except Kurama.
Karasu sat by Ryou until he was in a deep sleep. He then stroked Ryou's hair lightly and then left quietly, making sure not to make any unnecessary noise.
Karasu hummed to himself as he walked to his own chambers, on one of the highest floors. He wondered what else he may find out from his new…permanent guests. He rather enjoyed speaking to them. Karasu reclined on his large bed and looked around his room.
“Bit empty in here. I wonder how long it will take to get my fox in here with me,” said Karasu with a grin…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thank you for the review, Shacel's cousin!
Thanks for reading! ^_^