Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Another Dream ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32: Another Dream
 
Dream************************************************************
 
“Youko Kurama swiftly ran back to him mound-ish den he lived in. He looked down at the boy he was holding. He hadn't moved at all yet. Youko didn't know if this was a good thing or bad thing.
Soon Youko made it to the mound where he currently lived. He looked around for a moment to make sure no one was there, and then he opened a door and entered.
Inside was quiet. Then he saw Kuronue sitting at a table reading something. Kuronue looked up for a moment and spotted Youko standing at the doorway. He gave him a short greeting then continued to look down at the paper he had.
But right away he looked back up and noticed he was carrying something…no…someone.
“Wha-Who is that?” Asked Kuronue with a bit of interest.
“A boy, I just found him,” Answered Youko.
“So you bring him back? Why?” Asked Kuronue.
He knew that Youko never really cared for much, and finding a boy in the woods and just bringing him back…was just…well…strange.
“Well…because he is a kitsune. And there're not very many left,”
Kuronue nodded, being somewhat satisfied with the answer.
“He's a bit hurt. I'm going to go treat him…I'll be back in a few moment,” said Youko while leaving the room.
Kuronue chuckled for a moment, thinking it was funny that Youko cared for a younger kit, and then went back to what he was reading.
 
End Dream**************************************************************
 
Kurama sat up right away. He was breathing hard and everything around him was in a blur. But he quickly laid back down when he felt a splitting pain in his stomach. He lifted up his shirt and looked at his completely bandaged chest and stomach. The bandages were quite tight, but not tight enough to stop blood circulation of anything like that. The bandages were actually quite comfortable in a way.
He let out a defeated sigh and relaxed. At least he wasn't blind anymore. What Karasu gave he this time seemed to wear off faster then the others, but Kurama didn't know how long he had been sleeping for. It could have been minuets, hours…or days, perhaps.
“What time is it?” Asked Kurama mentally.
Out of all the things in his room, there was no clock. Oh well.
He couldn't just stay in bed all day. He needed to know what was going on. And where was Ryou? The dream he had, had once again been about them. But this time…Kuronue was in it. Kurama didn't like where his dreams were headed. He certainly did not want to relive Kuronue's demise once again. It was hard enough the first time, and he still had not gotten over it fully. He still felt it was his fault. Even though Kuronue told him to leave, Kurama knew deep down that he didn't want to. He should've helped Kuronue, but there was no going back now. That's the part that he hated.
He sadly pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind and started to focus on how to get out of bed.
He slowly got up, but was pushed back down by some invisible force. The air in the room started to get thick.
Slowly a black shadow started to materialize in front of him. To his horror he knew what it was it. It was the same thing that had played that malevolent trick on him.
Kurama felt the color drain out of his face and it seemed as if a strong draft entered the room.
Kurama feebly clutched his blanket and closed his eyes. Then he caught on to what he was doing. How could he act like this to just a shadow? It seemed so foolish!
Kurama opened his eyes and looked head on to the shadow.
“What is it you want?” Asked Kurama, not meaning to sound as shaken as he did. But who could blame him? It was a terrible experience. But compared to others, it wasn't that awful.
The shadow slowly disappeared.
“That was strange…?” Thought Kurama.
Kurama struggled and succeed in using his arms to lift him up a bit. But just as soon as he did he felt another invisible force rip his arms out from under him. Forcing him to lay back down. Then in his ear he heard a low whisper.
Thank you…
The voice seemed to come and go with the wind. And as fast as it came it left and all was quiet and the air went back to normal and so did the temperature of the room.
“Thank you?” Thought Kurama. “For what?”
That's when he remembered. Karasu wanted to do away with the spirit…but Kurama had stopped him. That's why he thanked him. Kurama understood now. It seemed that Kurama was the only one who had the power to sway Karasu's mind. But he knew that Karasu's mind wasn't easily swayed. For example: Letting Kurama leave. He was never going to let Kurama go. And Kurama knew this very well.
Kurama turned his head and looked through a near by window. Today it was cloudy and rained heavily. Unlike the day before where it was really quite nice out.
“I wonder what's going to happen today,” Thought Kurama out loud.
 
Ryou's Room^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Ryou woke up quite easily. He felt rather…refreshed? Ryou's hands clasped over his mouth once he remembered what he'd done last night. He told Karasu. How? How could he do that?
Then another worry came to his mind. `What would Bakura do when he finds out?'
Ryou mentally panicked for a moment and then stopped himself. His Yami would probably already know. He was always watching him. Ryou wondered what would become of him when his Yami decided to find a punishment for him. He had clearly stated that he did not want Ryou talking about anything personal. Especially to someone he hardly knew. And the fact that Bakura didn't like Karasu didn't help much, either…
 
Kurama's room^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
After a few unsuccessful attempts to get out of bed, Kurama gave up. Not only from the pain, but he knew it was hopeless. That's when he heard a quiet knocking on the door. Kurama was a bit puzzled for a moment. Was it the shadowy spirit again? No, it wasn't/
“Come in…” said Kurama weakly. He shafted to try and ease the pain, but it didn't work. Karasu opened the door slowly and walked in.
Kurama even more confused then before. He saw that Karasu was carrying a bowl of something, but what? Kurama wasn't very sure he wanted to know.
Karasu gave Kurama nod and Kurama could tell that Karasu was smiling.
“W…What's in the bowl?” Asked Kurama gingerly.
Karasu pulled a chair next to the bed and relaxed.
“I'm glad you asked, darling. It's your breakfast. You're too weak to get out of bed-,”
“I am not!” Said Kurama angrily, not caring that he interrupted Karasu.
“Well, why haven't you got out yet?” Asked Karasu.
“Because…I…none of you business!” Said Kurama while turning on his side.
Kurama wished he hadn't down that, because as soon as he did he felt a wave of pain and pressure hit his body. He cringed and gave a feeble moan. He felt Karasu turn him back over and start running his hands over Kurama's wound and start soothing him.
“That's why, isn't it? And yes it is my business, my kitsune,” said Karasu while stroking Kurama's hair.
Kurama growled, but accepted defeat.
“Now, back to what I was saying. I brought you your breakfast because you are too weak, which you've just demonstrated perfectly,” said Karasu with satisfaction.
Kurama lifted his head a bit and looked into the bowl. It looked like oatmeal…a bit. It was more watery looking then oatmeal.
“What is that?”
“I had my servants prepare you oatmeal. I figured you to be too weak to eat anything else, really. Now, open up,” said Karasu while taking a spoon-full of the watery oatmeal.
“No,” said Kurama stubbornly while turning his head away from Karasu.
“Come on, Kurama. The healer said that you needed to stay well fed and you haven't had one thing since you've been back,”
“Well, it's not my fault you drugged me!” Said Kurama.
“Shh. Open up,” Said Karasu while forcefully grabbing Kurama's chin. Karasu then pried Kurama's mouth open and shoved the spoon of oatmeal in roughly.
Kurama choked and coughed for a moment, but stopped with the help of Karasu patting him on the back.
“Now, do you want to do that again?” Asked Karasu. “It doesn't bother me, you will get fed either way.”
Kurama groaned and sighed. After a moment of thought he opened his mouth reluctantly.
Karasu smiled and took another spoonful of oatmeal and slid it into his mouth, Kurama swallowed it slowly, and to his surprise he found that it actually tasted a bit…good? Then a question came into his mind.
Kurama pushed the next spoon-full away and looked at Karasu.
“This isn't drugged, is it?”
“Why would you say that, dear?”
Kurama sighed. He hated playing these games with him.
“Is it?” Asked Kurama, getting a little annoyed.
“A bit…”
“What do you mean a bit?!” Asked Kurama angrily.
“Just a little something to help you sleep, darling” said Karasu while forcing another spoon-full into Kurama's mouth.
“Why?”
“To make sure you sleep, the healer said you needed a lot of rest to heal properly,”
“Fine…” said Kurama knowing that he wouldn't find a way out of this.
Then another thought came to his mind. How was Ryou? He hadn't seen him in quite a while. And he hated being away from Ryou. He was always a it paranoid that something terrible would be fall him.
“Karasu?” Said Kurama while taking in another spoon of oatmeal.
“Yes, darling?”
“Have you seen Ryou?”
“Why yes I have,”
Kurama gave a hint of a smile but that soon faded when he thought about Karasu being near Ryou without him there.
“Did you do anything to him, be honest,” said Kurama sternly while trying to stop Karasu from putting another spoon-full in his mouth, but to no avail.
“Well…yes,”
Suddenly a mix of grief and terror hit Kurama.
“What?! What did you do!?” Said Kurama, not realizing how hysterical he sounded. Kurama forced himself into a sitting position and grabbed Karasu roughly on the shoulders. “Tell me now!”
“Hush, hush, my fox,” said Karasu while removeing Kurama's hands from his shoulders, even though he did mind them, and pushed him into a laying position on the bed. “I did nothing much. He started crying and I just merely wanted to know what was wrong with him. You should know by now that I would never hurt something that is so dear to you,”
“Why was he crying?” Asked Kurama with concern, who was now settled down.
“He told me a part of his past. A bad part, I guess. Well, not bad, but it reminded him of something he went through. Do you know what he was talking about?”
Kurama thought for a moment. Should he really tell Karasu about Ryou's millennium ring? And all the problems it's giving him. No…probably not.
“No! I mean…no… I don't know anything about it,” said Kurama nervously. He knew how false he sounded, but would Karasu?
Karasu gave Kurama a questioning glace. He didn't believe him one bit.
“I know you know something, darling. Why don't you share it with me?” Asked Karasu sweetly.
“No,” said Kurama. But right after he said that he clamped his hands over his mouth. He had just proved to Karasu that he did know something.
“Oh fine. I'm sure I'll be able to get it out of you soon,”
And with that said, Karasu put the bowl down on a table and got up from his chair. Kurama watched him curiously. Karasu walked around the bed and then sat down on it. He then laid down and covered him self with the blanket.
Kurama was shocked if this was how he was going to try and get it out of him. He was even more shocked when he felt Karasu wrap his arms around his waist and pull him close.
“Karasu! What do you think you're doing?! Get off me!” Shouted Kurama while struggling to get Karasu to let go of him.
“Make me Kurama, make me,” said Karasu in a purring voice.
Kurama stopped struggling. There was no use. And what is the worst thing that Karasu could do. Ryou probably already gave him a good idea.
“Fine…” sighed Kurama.
“Go on, love,” said Karasu while genteelly tightening his grip on Kurama.
“Let go of me first! If you don't, I won't tell you anything,” said Kurama.
Karasu took his arms of Kurama, but still lied close to him.
“Get out of my bed, too,”
“Slow down, itooshi. Now you're going too far. Tell or I'll go back to what I was doing, or maybe I'll even give you a kiss or two,” said Karasu with a chuckle.
Kurama growled, but continued. He certainly did not want Karasu doing anything like that to him.
“Well…Ryou has something called a millennium idea. His is called the millennium ring. And in it was a…sort of spirit. And I guess it can control Ryou at will. And…sometimes it does harm to him,” finished Kurama sadly.
“It's okay, darling. I promise nothing will ever happen to him again, how does that sound? I give you my complete word on it,”
Unconsciously, Kurama nodded and leaned into Karasu's chest. Karasu enjoyed this quite a bit. He once again wrapped hi arms around Kurama and held him close.
“Do you still hurt?”
“Just a bit…” said Kurama drowsily.
It showed quite a lot that the drug was now taking a toll on Kurama. His whole body got numb and he couldn't control his actions.
He snuggled into Karasu's chest and fell into a deep, deep sleep…
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for reading! ^_^