Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Hiei Writes a Letter ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 34:
 
In Spirit World*****************************************************
 
“Sir, sir!” Yelled a large blue ogre.
“What is it, Ogre!? I have a lot of things to do! Can't you see this stack of paperwork?!” Yelled Koenma loudly. “I'm having overload!”
“Well, this is important, Koenma Sir,”
“Fine. What is it?”
“We've jest received a letter. And the letter says it's from Kurama!”
“What?! What didn't you say so?!” Said Koenma while grabbing the letter that the Ogre was holding.
“Well, I was gonna, but you cut me off-,”
“Not now, Ogre! Hurry, go tell Botan to get the guys over here now!”
“Fine, sir,” said the Ogre with a sigh followed by a few mutters of words.
 
Fifteen Minuets later*************************************************
 
“What is it? Botan said it was important,” said Yusuke while letting out a yawn. “And why so early? Couldn't it have waited? Do you know what time it is in the Human World right now? Three o'clock AM!”
“You can sleep later, Yusuke. We found something that might tell us where Kurama is and why,” said Koenma while taking out the letter.
He handed over to Yusuke.
“It's from Kurama,”
“Oh, really?” Said Kuwabara, walking up to Yusuke to get a look at the letter.
“Are you just going to stare at it, or open it already!” Shouted Koenma.
“Ok, ok! Just give us a minuet! Geez…toddlers these days,” Said Yusuke while ripping off the top of the envelope with his teeth. He spit out the top of the envelope and then took the letter out.
He read the letter out loud to everyone. After he was done nobody spoke for a moment, until Yusuke came forward.
“Koenma…in the letter it says that you know why he's there, mind sharing with us,” said Yusuke, a little annoyed.
“Oh yes! I almost forget! His friend Ryou, he needs to spend time in the Demon World, for reasons that I can not tell, for the sake of Kurama,” said Koenma hesitantly.
“Wow, thanks. After a week you remember,” said Yusuke sarcastically. “Talk about early age memory loss,”
“Well you would forget too if you had so much paperwork to do all the time!” said Koenma, followed by a string of unkind words muttered under his breath.
“Well, where ever he is he's not in any danger,” said Kuwabara.
“That's not true. He could still be in danger. Perhaps the person he's with isn't letting him say anything,” said Hiei while stepping forward.
“That's true. He said we wouldn't believe whom he was staying with. He also said the person he is with is possessive towards him…do we know anyone like that?” Asked Yusuke.
Everyone thought for a moment. But they couldn't think of anyone.
“We might just not know who the person is. There would be a lot of demons in the Demon World that would be rather possessive towards Kurama. He is a bit attractive,” said Hiei.
“…Did you just call Kurama `attractive?'” Asked Kuwabara with a questioning look.
“All because I call him attractive doesn't mean I'm in love with him, fool,”
“Whatever you say, shrimp,”
“Ok, everyone. He also said that we could write back to him. Who wants to write the note?” Asked Yusuke while trying to stop the fight between Hiei and Kuwabara.
Everyone was silent for a moment.
“I'll do it,” said Hiei, steeping forward.
“Ok, here's the letter. It says to put it under Kurama's door when you're done,” said Yusuke, handing Hiei the letter.
Hiei took the letter and then walked over to the door.
“Wait Hiei! …Tell Kurama I said hi!” Yelled Kuwabara.
“Hn,”
Hiei walked out of the room and out of the gigantic building. He made his way back to the Human World. He walked a little while to Kurama's house. He found the tree near Kurama's window, climbed it, and started writing.
Dear Kurama,
How dare you leave me with Yusuke and the Idiot! I'm sorry, but there is no way you're getting out of the team if I can't. It was bad enough before, there's no way I'm letting you get off that easily. If I don't have anyone intelligent to speak to then I'll go insane! All Kuwabara talks about is his cat! Well, anyway. Why can't you tell us where you are? Or whom you're with? I can't seem to think of someone I knew who is possessive of you, even though many demons probably would be. Give us another hint, or something. Who ever you're with had better not be hurting you either; Koenma doesn't want me doing any unnecessary killings for a while. Well, that's it for now. I'll tell you if anything interesting happens, which I strongly doubt.
 
Yours Truly,
Hiei
 
P.S. If you neglect to write back on purpose I'll hunt you down myself.
P.S.S. The idiot says `hi'
 
Being pleased with the letter he'd just written, he jumped down from the tree and walked over to the door of Kurama's house. He took one last look at the letter, and then slipped it under the door.
`Where are you, Kurama?' Thought Hiei while looking up at Kurama's empty home.
 
 
Kurama's Room**********************************************************
 
Kurama laid in bed and stared lazily at the ceiling. It has now been two days he had been in bed straight. Karasu always came in every now and then to check on Kurama or to feed him. By now Kurama could feel his chest and stomach and it didn't hurt anymore, but Karasu still refused to let Kurama out of his bed. For some odd reason it was like Karasu liked to see Kurama like this. Or it could just be his way of caring…?
Suddenly the door of Kurama's room opened. Karasu walked in with another bowl of something and a…note?
“I have a surprise for you, itooshi,” said Karasu while sitting on the bed.
“What?” Said Kurama in curiosity.
“You've received a letter from your friends,” said Karasu while holding it up to Kurama.
Kurama looked at the letter and took it from Karasu eagerly.
“Why don't you read it out loud, my fox? I haven't read it yet and I would like you hear what they have to say,”
“It's not they. Hiei wrote it,” said Kurama after looking to the bottom of the letter.
“Oh…” Said Karasu with interest. “Then lets see what he has to say.
“Ok,” said Kurama. Then he started reading.
“Dear Kurama,
How dare you leave me with Yusuke and the Idiot! I'm sorry, but there is no way you're getting out of the team if I can't. It was bad enough before, there's no way I'm letting you get off that easily. If I don't have anyone intelligent to speak to then I'll go insane! All Kuwabara talks about is his cat! Well, anyway. Why can't you tell us where you are? Or whom you're with? I can't seem to think of someone I knew who is possessive of you, even though many demons probably would be. Give us another hint, or something. Who ever you're with had better not be hurting you either; Koenma doesn't want me doing any unnecessary killings for a while. Well, that's it for now. I'll tell you if anything interesting happens, which I strongly doubt.
 
Yours Truly,
Hiei
 
P.S. If you neglect to write back on purpose I'll hunt you down myself
P.S.S The Idiot says `hi'” finished Kurama. Then noticed that he was laughing.
 
“So, it seems that you and Hiei, may be a little more then friends? It seems like he cares quite a bit for you. Is there something you're keeping from me?”
“No, no. Hiei and I are just friends, trust me. And yes…I guess he does care for me a bit, and I care for him, is there a problem?” Asked Kurama in confusion.
“There could be…” said Karasu slowly.
“Like what?”
“I don't want anyone else to have you, darling. I want to as my own, I know you think it may sound selfish, but I can't help myself, I'm sorry, my kitsune. You're just so lovely,” said Karasu while cupping Kurama's chin.
“Karasu…stop it,” growled Kurama.
“Stop what? You know I love you, my kitsune,” said Karasu while wrapping his arm around Kurama…
 
Ryou's Room************************************************************
 
It was late at night. Ryou was having a troubled sleep. He tosses and turned. He groaned and kicked. He was having a nightmare…
 
Nightmare******************************************************** *******
 
Ryou was running through the woods. He felt tears streaming down his cheeks. He was completely lost. And worst…there was something after him.
Ryou couldn't feel his feet. He hadn't stopped running for a long time, and the fact that it was raining did help. The water soaked deep into his shoes, making his whole body tremble.
“Kurama?! Kurama?! Where are you?! Please help!” Yelled Ryou as he tried to run faster.
There was no answer. Ryou started to cry more. What was he going to do? He couldn't run forever…
The rain came down harder. It felt like stones. It was hard to see where he was going. He tried to dodge the trees quickly.
“Kurama?!” He shouted one more time. If he shouted anymore he would run out of air and pass out. He didn't want to think of what the demons that followed him would do to him once the got him.
“He's not coming,” thought Ryou.
A little while before this, Ryou had got Kurama angry. He hadn't come back before the sunset. He was late, and he came back when it was dark, almost pitched black out. When he had specifically told Ryou that he was not to be outside past the sunset. And Ryou knew that he worried about him
Suddenly Ryou slipped on the mud. The air was knocked out of him as he hit the ground and he had not the energy to get back up.
Then he felt something grab the collar of his top and slam him into a near-by tree. He felt a trail of blood trace its way down his face.
He opened his eyes to see a blade near his throat. He couldn't quite see who the demon was or what he looked like, the rain was so hard and he was fading in and out of consciousness.
“Give us a hard time, will ya? I'll-,” he was stopped.
Ryou felt himself drop to the ground. Pain shot up his spine, everything looked burry from the lack of air and knock to the head.
Then he heard the demon start to plead for his life to someone, but it was followed by a short answer.
“No…” said the cold voice.
Ryou tried to block out the agonizing screams coming from the dying demon, but it was no use. He bit his lip and tried not to cry, but it was also no use. The tears still came, even heavier then before.
Soon the yells and screams stopped. Ryou closed his eyes tighter.
Then he felt a hand brush blood off his cheek and give his hair a light stroke.
Ryou opened his eyes slowly to see Youko Kurama smiling at him.
“K-Kurama? I…thought-,”
“I wasn't coming?”
Ryou nodded his head sadly.
“Ryou…I promise to never leave you, understand?” Asked Kurama while taking Ryou's hand in his own.
Ryou nodded his head again and threw his arms around Kurama.
“I understand…”
“Good, now lets go home…
 
End Nightmare*****************************************************
 
Ryou awoke. He was covered in sweat and his sheets were tangled.
“What was that?” Asked Ryou with wide eyes.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
Thanks for the review Shacel and Drof Tceferp!
And thanks for reading! ^_^