Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 35: Confessions
 
“Karasu…you don't love me. I know that. You know it yourself,”
Karasu looked hurt and confused for a moment, but then regained the smile that flickered in his eyes.
“What ever do you mean, Kurama?”
“I…you know what I mean, Karasu. Don't pretend that you don't. It's like in the Dark Tournament. I know you don't love me, and even if you did, I don't love you back.”
“So he's still thinking about the Tournament? I guess we are a bit alike. I think that could be a good thing, but it seems like he is a bit confused,” Thought Karasu.
“Kurama, listen. I love you. And there really is nothing you can do about it, whether you believe me or not. And I know in time you will return my feelings. Maybe you'll even return a little more,” said Karasu with a grin.
“Karasu! You don't get it I-I…” Kurama stopped. He felt something. He felt a sharp tingle go up his spine. Something was wrong with Ryou.
Kurama got out of the bed and started running towards the door swiftly, but was stopped by Karasu. He felt Karasu's arms holding him around his waist genteelly.
“Karasu! Let go! I-I need to go, there's something wrong with Ryou…please Karasu. Please,”
Kurama felt so ashamed for begging. But it was the only thing he could do. After a moment of thought Karasu loosened his grip on Kurama and let his arms fall.
“Fine, but I'm going with you, fox,”
Both of them got up and went over to the door. Well…Kurama sort of ran to the door. With all the strange dreams of their past he'd been having, there could be something wrong. Maybe Ryou was having them too?
Karasu led Kurama down the large halls and through a few quick passages to Ryou's room. As soon as they got to the door Kurama wasted no time in opening it.
Once they were in they saw Ryou…but nothing was wrong with him.
“Ryou? Are you okay?” Asked Kurama rapidly.
“Yes…why wouldn't I be, Kurama?”
“I…don't know… why are you awake, anyways? It's late,”
“I was sleeping. I just had sort of a nightmare and woke up, I guess,”
This relived Kurama a bit. At least now he knew he wasn't going crazy. But soon worry set in.
“A nightmare? Mind telling me what it was about?”
Kurama sat on the bed next to Ryou and looked deep into his dark brown eyes. Karasu walked up a bit out of the shadows also.
“Yes Ryou. Why don't you tell us what it was about?” Asked Karasu kindly.
Ryou looked a bit fearful when he saw Karasu. But he pushed the fear to the back of his confused mind. He knew that he didn't have to be that afraid of him; he had already told Ryou that himself. Besides, Kurama would never put him in a dangerous situation.
“It was about…well…I'm not sure. I was running through woods…and calling…Kurama I think. And you came…but you were different,”
“Different? How so?”
Was Ryou starting to remember his past?
“You…you were a…fox,”
Yes, he was indeed starting to remember.
“Really? Ryou…you need to sleep. But tomorrow…I wish to have a talk with you, okay?”
Ryou nodded and laid back down. Kurama tucked him in warmly and brushed the hair out of his face before leaving the room. He closed the door and looked at Karasu.
“He's remembering his past, isn't he?”
“Yes. Yes he is, and not a moment to late. Once he remembers we'll go back to the human world. But I'll have to talk to him later about it,”
“Kurama…I think we should also have a talk,”
“Okay…?”
Karasu led Kurama outside into the courtyard. He walked him for a while in silence before Kurama needed to ask something.
“Where are you taking me, Karasu?”
“You'll see soon enough, my kitsune,”
Not much of a creative answer, but Kurama didn't ask another question. He just kept following Karasu.
Outside it was beautiful. The stars shown brightly in the black velvet sky, the moon was full and also very bright. A line of bright orange could be seen lining the horizon.
Then Karasu came to the edge of the gate. He carefully unlocked the old metal lock that bound that doors sealed. He walked Kurama through first and then followed.
But Kurama stopped. It was another path leading into the woods. He didn't really like the way things went last time they were on a path together.
“Why do you stop, love?”
“I'm not going into the woods with you again, Karasu. After what happened last time,”
“Kurama, I promise I won't try anything to get us lost,”
Kurama bit his lip. He couldn't really say no. He knew that Karasu was going to make him go whether he liked it or not. So he followed Karasu closely, but not too close for comfort.
Then Kurama felt Karasu take his hand. Kurama gasped and quickly withdrew his hand.
“What's wrong, my fox?”
“What's wrong?! I don't want you holding my hand,”
“Well, there are other demons in the woods, perhaps. And I wouldn't want one to get to you, or even have a chance of doing so,”
Kurama sighed as Karasu once again took his hand in his own. This time Kurama didn't struggle to withdraw his hand. He knew it was no use, and what's the worst that could happen? It was just Karasu. Wait…just Karasu. The person who Kurama fought against in the Dark Tournament? I don't really thing he could say `just Karasu,' But at the moment he was in no position to argue.
Soon they came to a clearing in the middle of the woods. In the clearing was a wooden bench on the side of a pond. The moon and stars reflected greatly off the water making it seem like a sea of sparkles and glistening lights.
Karasu took Kurama by the waist and walked him over to the bench and sat him down. Kurama just stared at the pond in confusion.
“Karasu?”
“Yes, my fox?”
“Why have you brought me here?”
“I need to tell you something,”
“What?”
Kurama looked into Karasu's eyes, looking for an answer, but they were none. His dark eyes were shrouded in a dark mysterious shadow.
Karasu couldn't decide if he should tell Kurama just yet. He didn't know how Kurama would respond. But he decided just to do it. If he didn't do it now, if may be too late the next time he tries.
“I…I'm one of the Lords of the Demon World, Kurama,”
Kurama sat dumbfounded for a moment. He didn't know how to respond, how was he supposed to? It's not everyday that you find out something like this.
“Karasu…how?”
“They decided they needed a Quest Class Demon. And guess who they chose?” Said Karasu with a smile.
He wrapped his arm around Kurama and brought him close.
“I'm sorry I had to wait to tell you. I just didn't know how you would take it, itooshi. But now that I've said that, I get to talk to you a bit.
“What about?” Asked Kurama, who was still very confused.
“I don't want you to go back. Either of you, I want you and Ryou to stay here with me. Kurama, I cannot change what I did in the Dark Tournament, but I can be sorry for it. And believe me, I am. I love you very much, darling. Whether you wish to believe it or not. And you are not leaving,”
Karasu started to stoke Kurama's hair lovingly. Then Kurama jerked his head away from the unwanted touch.
“Still the same towards me. Just the way I wanted him to be,” Thought Karasu with pleasure.
“I don't care, Karasu. It doesn't change anything about you,” said Kurama in a bit of anger.
“I know. I just thought we should be open with each other, Kurama. It's hard to keep a secret from such a lovely individual like yourself. And I really am sorry about the Tournament. If I had enough sense in me then as I do now I would have made you mine right there. I wouldn't have minded one bit. But I didn't, and now I'll paying for it with the loss of your trust and could-be love,”
“I wouldn't have trusted you anyway, Karasu. And I certainly would not have loved you either. I didn't know you,”
“Kurama, Kurama, you don't always need to know a person to know that you love them. I knew I loved you, and that was before I ever spoke to you. I've actually been watching you for quite some time. ”
Karasu then started to wrap his arms around Kurama even more.
“Stop…Karasu,”
Kurama knew where this was leading. He fought out of Karasu's strong gasp and starting running, not looking where he was going. But he had forgotten something…the pond.
Kurama ran as fast as he could while looking back at Karasu. He looked forward, but it was too late. When he tried to stop he ended up slipping on a muddy spot and falling into the cold water.
His lungs breathed in the frigid water. He looked around in the dark water, but could see nothing. He was confused and had no idea of what just happened. It was so quick. Suddenly he felt a strong arm gasp at the collar of his shirt and pull him out roughly.
Kurama felt himself being dragged out onto the ground. He turned over onto his hands and knees and coughed up water and franticly gasped for air. He felt Karasu patting him on the back a bit to help him.
Finally when all the water was out of his lungs he turned over and laid down on his back and breathed heavily.
“And I was worried about you getting a cold from the cold air,” said Karasu with a chuckle.
Karasu picked Kurama up off the ground and took him over to the bench again and sat him down. He took off Kurama's wet shirt slowly. Kurama protested quite a bit, but in the end Karasu won.
After he had thrown the shirt aside he took off his cape and put in on Kurama and wrapped him in it. Kurama was surprised with all the warmth it gave off.
“That's couldn't have been very good for you bandages, my kitsune,”
He felt Karasu pick him up and put him on his lap. Kurama was forced to lie back onto Karasu's hard chest. But he didn't mind that much, it was warm.
“Is this better, itooshi?”
Kurama unknowingly nodded his head. Karasu wrapped his arms around Kurama to keep the heat in and started rocking him. After a while Karasu started humming softly to Kurama. Kurama felt the vibration in Karasu's chest and relaxed. Soon he was asleep in Karasu's arms.
“That's better,” Thought Karasu with a grin.
For a few moments he held Kurama close to him. Loving the moment. But soon a cold wind started to blow and Karasu knew that his cape could only keep Kurama so warm. So he got up and headed back to the path. He walked on it and passed through the main gates.
He went inside the large castle looking building and went up to Kurama's room. Then a thought hit him once he entered Kurama's room.
“I can't let him go to bed in wet clothes. He could get sick,” Thought Karasu with a smile.
So Karasu took off Kurama pants and slipped him into something else that was warmer. He gave him another pair of pajamas, but this one was a dark shade of green.
Then he settled Kurama into his bed and covered him warmly.
“Sleep well, my darling…”
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you for the reviews Goddess_writer625 and Shacel! And I don't think this is going to be a Kurama/Hiei fanfic. I think I'll kept it at a one-sided Kurama/Karasu for now, though.