Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Lost and Captured ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 37: Lost and Captured
 
Kurama ran swiftly through the gardens. His steady pace had now turned into a frantic run. He looked everywhere and still could not find little Ryou anywhere.
Then horror struck him. He came to the gate again. But something was different. This time the gate was open.
Kurama fell on his knees and stared blindly at the opened gate. He was too late.
 
In the Woods*******************************************************
 
“Hello? Hello? Where'd you go?” Asked Ryou innocently while looking around the dark forest.
“Just keep coming, little one,” said a strange voice.
“I don't know. I should probably get back. Kurama will be worried if he finds me gone and-,”
Ryou was cut off. Suddenly two thick vines slashed at his face and sent him flying backwards into a tree. He hit the tree with a soft `thump' and fell to the earthy ground. He rested against a pile of dead leaves with a very sore head.
“What was that?” Said Ryou shakily while grabbing his head.
Ryou felt tears welling up in his eyes from the pain. He felt it surge through his entire body.
“Don't cry now, boy. You're going to be getting much worst then that,”
Ryou unwilling opened his eyes when he heard the gruff voice.
“W…What do you want with me?”
“Want? Oh nothing, except to see you in pain, little one,”
Ryou's eyes widened as he heard this. He also heard his Yami in the back of his mind yelling that he couldn't get out of his soul room and that was followed by a string of unpleasant words.
Then the demon closed in on Ryou. Ryou then got a good look at him. He had black eyes and thick brown hair. His skin was very tan and he had quite a few scars.
Ryou quickly stood, despite the pain. He faced the giant of a man.
Suddenly he felt something strange come over him and his hand quickly made its way into his pocket and came out with a card. But not any card, a duel monsters card.
Ryou looked at it, and with no farther ado he yelled: “I summon thy Celtic Guardian!”
To Ryou's surprise and astonishment, he saw the Celtic Guardian appear in front of his. And in a split second, his sword was in the demon and I was over.
Ryou couldn't believe what had just happen. Did he just summon the Celtic Guardian? No…no, he couldn't have. But was proved wrong when the elf turned to Ryou.
Ryou reached out to touch it, but quickly withdrew his hand when he felt soft leather.
The elf gave Ryou a questioning look.
“Why have you come to this realm, child?” It asked.
“I…don't know…you can't be real,”
“But I am. And it's not safe out here. I will lead you back. Now…what is your name?”
“R-Ryou,”
The Guardian smiled, but stopped when he saw the millennium ring around his neck. His face went from angry to sympathetic.
“Where did you get that ring from?”
Ryou looked down at his ring and then lifted it up.
“My…my father gave it to me. When he came back from Egypt for a while,”
The elf nodded and then told Ryou to follow him. He knew that Ryou wasn't the five thousand year old thief; he was just the bearer of the ring.
They walked in the woods for a while, but the elf stopped abruptly. He heard footsteps coming. He sensed that the person they belonged to was kind, also. Then slowly he began to fade away.
Ryou started to panic. He didn't want to be alone in the woods again.
After the Celtic Guardian was completely disappeared, Kurama walked into the small clearing that Ryou stood in.
Ryou didn't notice Kurama at first. He was just staring at the place where the elf once stood.
“Ryou! I've found you. Where were you?”
Kurama grabbed Ryou and pulled him into a strong hug. Ryou snapped out of his shock and returned Kurama's embrace.
“I don't know where I was, Kurama”
“Are you okay?”
Ryou nodded his head and looked up to Kurama when they were done their hug.
“But I did see something…I think. It looked human…but different in a way,”
Kurama sighed.
“Ryou, we need to talk. I need to tell you something,”
Ryou once again nodded.
“Come. Let's talk on our walk back,”
So both of them started walking back.
“Well you see, that dream you had last night-,”
Kurama was a bit cut off. All of a sudden he fell into a very large and deep pit. It seemed to be somewhat hidden by leaves. Kurama landed with a not so gentle `thump.'
Ryou got on his hands and knees and peered down into the dark hole.
“Kurama? Kurama!? Are you okay?”
Kurama sat up and groaned. He rubbed his head in attempt to make the dull pain stop.
Kurama looked around the dark hole and then up at Ryou. There was no way he was getting out of here by himself.
“Yeah…I'm okay. Listen Ryou. Go back and…and…”
“And what?”
Kurama thought for a moment. Should he really ask Ryou to get Karasu? Kurama let out a deep sigh.
“Go and get Karasu…”
“Okay…stay there,”
“I don't really have anywhere else to go,” thought Kurama mentally with a chuckle.
He heard Ryou's rushing footsteps against the old dead leaves until they finally faded out of hearing range. Once Ryou had completely left, someone replaced his footsteps. It must be another demon! Kurama froze and reached up into his hair for his rose.
He mentally swore. It wasn't there. He had forgotten that Karasu had taken it. Now he was just as helpless as a normal sixteen year old boy.
“Oh, lookie lookie what we have here, a human is it?” Said an aged voice with a chuckle.
Kurama calmed down a bit when he heard the voice belonged to an elderly demon. But he knew well that age sometimes didn't matter.
The demon peered down with squinted eyes. Kurama got a good look at him. He was quite old and had a long gray bread and hair.
“Aw yes, and a very pretty one at that,”
“Umm yes. I seem to have fallen into your hole, I assume. Mind helping me out maybe,”
“Anything, beautiful. Now…what is your name, eh?”
“My name? My name is Kurama. What may I ask is your?”
Kurama was trying to be as polite as possible. He didn't have his rose whip and there was no telling what this old demon was capable of.
“My name is Hitomoshe, now why don't we get you out of this hole,”
Right after he said that, a flight of stairs appeared in front of Kurama. He climbed them and when he got to the top the old man gave his hand out to Kurama. Kurama reluctantly took it, and then the man helped Kurama out.
“Such soft hands you have, Kurama,”
After then man said this Kurama tried to withdraw his hand, while trying not to look like he was desperately trying to get away. But the old demon had a firm grip and didn't even notice.
“Now come with me. It's not safe for a pretty little human like yourself to be wandering around demon woods alone, you know. Especially one who is so polite, like yourself,”
“But I'm not alone,”
“I don't see anybody else here, now come along, dear,”
The demon gave a light tug on Kurama hand and forced him to follow. Kurama had to listen to him and not be rude, or something may happen, and he didn't want to know what. So for now he had to go alone and be polite.
“Where are you Ryou?” Thought Kurama in his mind.
 
Back************************************************************* ******
 
“Karasu?” Asked Ryou while looking around the gardens.
It seemed that Karasu had just disappeared. So Ryou decided to look inside.
Once he was inside he closed the door behind him. He looked around. He would never find him if he took time to look in every room.
“Karasu! Karasu!? Where are you?” Yelled Ryou hesitantly.
This was the only thing he could think of if he was to find Karasu sooner then the next century.
“Kara-,”
Ryou stopped. He felt someone behind him. Ryou turned around to see Karasu right behind him.
“Yes, little Ryou?”
“Karasu! I'm so glad I found you. I…”
Ryou stopped. He remembered that Karasu had told him to never go outside those gates. Great, now he was remembering.
Ryou bit his lip and started to shake a bit while holding back tears. He looked down at the floor. He really didn't want to make Karasu angry. He was scared enough of him
“Continue, Ryou. You can tell me,” said Karasu soothingly.
“I…I went outside the gate and got lost. And then Kurama came for me and when he were going back he fell into some kind of big hole in the ground and he told he to get you,”
Ryou was now crying openly. He didn't know what to do. And he certainly did not want to make Karasu angry at all.
“It's okay, I'll go get him. There's not need to cry, I promise,”
“B-But...It's all m-my fault, Karasu,”
“Aww, it's okay, Ryou. You made a mistake,”
Ryou then willingly wrapped his arms around Karasu and cried.
After a few moments Ryou let go and so did Karasu.
“T-thank you, Karasu,”
“Oh, anytime Ryou,”
“Why can't Kurama be more like Ryou?!” Thought Karasu.
“Now, I'm going to go get Kurama out,” Said Karasu with a chuckle. He was looking forward to this. If anything he should be thanking Ryou.
“Don't you want me to go to show you where it is?”
“No, no. That's okay. Just stay here and don't wander off, understand?”
Ryou nodded with the faint trace of a smile upon his face.
“Good,”
And Karasu left without saying another word.
 
In the Forest*************************************************************
 
“Just a little farther,” said the old man.
Kurama nodded and quickly pulled out one of his hairs on his head and let it fall onto a branch. He had been doing this ever since they left the hole. He hoped that Karasu would follow the trail of them. Kurama was now very glad that he had such a nice shade of scarlet for hair. It would be easy to follow.
“And here we are,”
The elderly demon stopped at a little cabin. He walked over to the door and opened it up. Then he motioned for Kurama to enter.
But there was no way he was going in there.
“T-that's okay. I'd rather stay out here, if you don't mind,”
“Oh, but I do. It's going to be getting rather cold soon, now don't waste anytime,”
Kurama unenthusiastically walked towards the door and entered. Then Hitomoshe closed the door after him.
“So…Hitomoshe-,”
“Just call me Moshe, itooshi,”
Kurama mentally swore and cursed a number of times. What was everyone calling him that?!
“Ok, Moshe. I think I can find my way back now, I'm starting to remember,” lied Kurama.
To tell the truth he didn't even know which way was back. After all the turns and twists Moshe led him through.
“Nonsense, nonsense, I insist that you stay the night,”
“But-,”
“Now I'll go get us some drinks. You stay here and relax,”
Moshe left to the other room. From what Kurama could see the room that Moshe walking into looked like a kitchen. The cabin also had an upstairs it looked like.
Kurama wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. So he ran over to the door and grabbed the handle. But it didn't open when he turned it; it only gave him quite a shock in his hand.
“Ouch,” whisper Kurama while withdrawing his hand and rubbing it tenderly.
“And don't try the doors, you'll only end up harming your soft lovely hands,” Yelled Moshe from the other room in his old voice.
“Now you tell me,”
Kurama sat down on a couch and thought of ways that he could use to get out.
Soon Moshe came in with two drinks. He handed one to Kurama and took one for himself.
Kurama looked in the glass he was handed. It was a light blue-ish color and would most likely contain alcohol to get him drunk.
Glancing upward to Moshe he saw that he had been watching him carefully. Kurama took a fake sip from the cup and swallowed.
Moshe set aside his glass and walked up to Kurama.
“You look a bit…well…tense, why don't you lie down, beautiful?”
“No really, I'm-,”
But it was already too late. He had pushed Kurama into a laying position on the couch.
“Where the heck is Karasu!? The one time I need him and he's no where!” Yelled Kurama in his head.
“Now, do you know what time it is?”
“No,”
“Well, my kind my demon mate at this time of the year, and I made a promise with myself. Who ever falls into the hole I made I will mate with. And it looks like I've been very lucky to find you. You're such a good boy. You're polite, pretty, and have a very soft touch to you,”
Kurama was horror struck but tried not to show.
“I'm sorry, but I'm human and-,”
“That's okay, plenty of demons mate with humans. It's beginning to become quite normal,”
“But…I already have a mate,”
Kurama was going to have to strangle himself later for saying this.
“Oh, really? Who?”
“…Karasu…”
Yes, he was going to strangle himself.
Moshe put his hand on Kurama's chin and forced him to lift his head up.
“That's strange, I see no bite mark. So that means that you are not yet claimed,”
Moshe lovingly started running his fingers through Kurama's hair.
“Getting sleepy yet?”
Suddenly the door swung open and Karasu walked in.
“What's this?” Asked Karasu as he looked around.
Karasu let his eyes wander until they came upon Kurama and Moshe.
“See Kurama, always out to make me jealous,” Karasu chuckled.
Kurama scowled.
“Now, what were you two doing?”
“Lord Karasu is there a problem. He can't truly be you're mate like he said, can he?”
“Kurama said he was my mate?”
“Yes, but I don't believe him,”
“Well, truth be told, I'm not his mate yet, but I assure you that he will be my mate in time. Even though he may be a bit…eager. He'll just have to wait,”
Kurama shot Karasu a cold glance of annoyance.
“And since I am in a good mood, I will allow you to get off without punishment,”
“Why thank you, Lord Karasu,” Said Moshe in disbelief.
“Now, if you don't mind, I'll be taking my little fox back,”
Karasu walked over to the couch and picked Kurama up. Kurama let out a big sigh of frustration.
“Shush, shush, darling. I will bring you back home,”
Kurama reluctantly relaxed as Karasu left the small cabin.
“You're quite clever, Kurama. Using strands of your hair to help me find you,”
“Hn,”
“Come on, love. I'm being nice to you, can't you give a little back?”
“I…don't…”
“Well, that's okay. I see you can't make up your mind. We'll make it up together tonight. But for now, go talk to Ryou,”
After Karasu said this he put Kurama down. He opened the gates and gave Kurama a light push towards the gates.
“I want to have a nice long talk with you tonight,”
Ignoring Karasu's last sentence, Kurama sprinted inside the large castle and looked around.
Then something caught Kurama's eye, something white was sitting near the doorway.
“Ryou?”
Kurama knelt down on one knees and lifted Ryou's head gently. Ryou was sleeping against the wall. But his cheeks were wet?
That's when Kurama noticed that Ryou had been crying.
“Oh dear. I guess I shouldn't wake him. He's been through enough today, he doesn't need anymore,”
With that thought Kurama picked up Ryou and brought him upstairs. Soon he got to Ryou's room and carefully laid him down.
He wiped the tears from Ryou's eyes and cheeks and covered him warmly.
“Sleep tight, my kit,” said Kurama as he saw Ryou's hands grasp at the blankets for a moment.
Kurama got up off the bed and walked over to the door and left quietly. He started walking up-stairs. But then he looked out a window and saw that it was already nighttime. The sun was deep behind the horizon and a dark star lit night took its place.
“Oh no,” whispered Kurama.
This meant that Karasu would probably be waiting for him somewhere. He said he wanted to have a talk with him.
Maybe if he were quiet he would make it to his room with out Karasu noticing? It was worth a try.
So Kurama quietly made his way up a flight of stairs, then another and another. Then he was finally at his room.
He opened the door slowly and looked in. It was completely dark, except for a one candle that someone had lit in his room.
Kurama sighed and started to go in, but was stopped. He heard a faint humming from in back of him. He turned around slowly to see Karasu.
“Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to avoid me, darling?”
“No, of course not. Why ever would I do that?”
Kurama eyes nervously darted from one corner of the hall to another.
“I don't know. Well, come now. I want to have a talk with you, like I said earlier. Don't you remember, itooshi?”
“Yes, yes. Of course I do. Well…it's just that I'm really tired, and-,”
“That's okay if you're tired. I'm sure you don't mind if we have the talk in my room? You can lie on my bed if you get too tired,”
Kurama mentally bit his lip.
“Can't it wait `til tomorrow, Karasu?”
“Nope,”
Even though Karasu was wearing a mask Kurama could tell that he was smiling. So there really was no excuse out of talking to Karasu. It wasn't the talking to Karasu part; it was the `at night' part he didn't like. He knew how Karasu could get.
“Well, maybe I don't want to go,”
Kurama once again turned away from Karasu a folded his arms.
“Well, then I'll do this,”
Karasu walked up behind Kurama and picked him up and swung him over his shoulder and processed in walking up the stairs.
“Wait! That's not fair-,”
“Oh yes it is. Now shush, love. Save you beautiful voice for something a bit more useful,”
And with that said, Kurama said nothing more and Karasu continued up the stairs.
“It's going to be long night,” said Kurama in his mind.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the review Drof! ^_^