Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Finding Out ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 40: Finding Out
 
Karasu left the room quietly with one last look at his little fox. Once he was out of the room he saw Ryou quietly walking down the staircase. When Ryou was completely off the stairs Karasu approached him. He backed up slowly and cautiously.
“Lost, are we?” Karasu asked kindly with a smile.
Ryou let out a gasp and looked up to Karasu. He really didn't want to talk to Karasu. After the last time they met. Ryou had cried in front of him. Just that memory made him blush with embarrassment. It was sometimes very hard to cry in front of someone who is always secure with them-selves. Ryou looked at the ground and tried not to show his discomfiture.
“No…I don't think I am…I was just a bit…alone,”
Karasu had to smile when he heard this. It was exactly what he would expect someone as innocent as Ryou to say. Ryou was always so cute and very oblivious to things going on. He always tries to see the good in people and ignore the bad. But still, he knew that Ryou wasn't so oblivious that he could be considered foolish, he was just a bit native towards many things and people.
“If you're are lonely, would you like for me to tuck you in tonight, Ryou?”
“Uh no…that's okay,” said Ryou nervously.
“No, no. I insist. Now come here,” said Karasu while gesturing for Ryou to come closer.
Ryou obediently walked over to Karasu and looked up at him curiously with those large brown eyes. Karasu smiled at Ryou and picked him up. Ryou was a little bit surprised at first; Karasu picked him up as if he was nothing! But soon Ryou calmed down and relaxed somewhat. Karasu walked upstairs to Ryou's room and opened the door. Ryou saw that candles were lit in his room as well. Karasu walked over to the bed and laid Ryou in it. Ryou didn't really need to change into nightclothes because he never really got out of his pajamas from that morning.
“Now…isn't this better?”
Ryou nodded shyly as Karasu covered him with the quilt and tucked him in warmly. Ryou's hands grasped at the quilt and pulled it up to his nose and closed his eyes tightly. Karasu felt that Ryou needed to talk about something, something was wrong with him. Yes, Ryou was always quiet and shy, but tonight it was different. Tonight Ryou was deeply troubled…but why?
“Ryou…is there something wrong?”
Ryou shook his head violently and closed his eyes tighter. His grasp on the blanket tightened. Karasu put a hand at Ryou's cheek and brushed it softly. He could sense that something was not right with Ryou. He was shy, but mostly always cheery.
“You can tell me, Ryou. I promise to keep it our secret,”
Karasu placed his hands on Ryou's fisted hands. Ryou stopped holding the blanket tightly. He peered out of the blanket with teary wet eyes. Just the look of them made Karasu feel terrible, but in another way it made him care for him, sort of. Ryou had a way of making anyone care for him without even asking, or ever talking to him or her. There was just something about him that made him look so helpless and in need.
“Shh…Ryou. Don't cry. Tell me what's wrong. There's no need for tears,” said Karasu while wiping away the tears that were now streaming down Ryou's face.
“N-no…p-please, just go away,” said Ryou while turning on his side so he didn't need to face Karasu.
“I'm not leaving `till you tell me what's wrong, Ryou,” said Karasu sternly. Besides, he wouldn't be able to sleep at all knowing that Ryou was crying. But he didn't want to get too close to Ryou. Kurama would not like that at all.
“W-where's Kurama? D-did he leave?”
“No, of course not. You know he wouldn't do something like that without taking you with him,” said Karasu with a smile.
“W-what? R-really?” Said Ryou, who, was starting to stop crying.
“Yes, Ryou. He cares a lot for you. And you mean a lot to him. It would hurt him if he ever thought that you would think that he would leave you alone,”
Ryou didn't know what to say. He was in a mix of shock and being deeply ashamed. He was shocked because he didn't know that he meant a lot to Kurama. And he was ashamed for even thinking that Kurama would leave him. Karasu also sensed this. He knew that Ryou felt speechless and awkward. So he took Ryou out from under the covers and placed him on his lap. He started rocking him back and forth softly. This slowly lured Ryou into a deep and needed sleep. Ryou was exhausted both physically and mentally. Karasu was now afraid that Ryou would make himself sick with all this worrying. So after Ryou was asleep he laid him back down and covered him warmly and tucked him in again. He would have to tell one of his servants to keep an eye on him. Just to make sure he wouldn't wander into the woods again and get himself lost. He couldn't have Ryou getting hurt. Karasu knew very well of the cruelness of the demons that lurked in the forest. Most would do anything to see someone like Ryou to be broken and in tears.
 
Next Morning:
 
Kurama awoke at an easy state of mind. He had slept well that night. He didn't have a dream of his past with Ryou. That was a good thing. But he still had to tell Ryou about his past whether he wanted to or not. It wasn't fair that he didn't tell Ryou about this, it was his past too. And Ryou would have told him by now.
Kurama lazily got up from where he was laying. He rubbed his head and put his feet on the ground. He noticed that he wasn't in his room; he was in some sort of living room. It was fairly large and had windows lining the walls that let in brilliant sunlight that shown through the curtains. He was lying on a couch, but it was still very comfortable. He threw off the blanket he was under and stood up on his legs.
“Now…where is Ryou?” Thought Kurama.
Soon his common sense kicked in. Of course Ryou would be in his room. So Kurama headed towards the door and opened it. He peered out into the empty hall. He closed the door slowly behind him and headed towards a flight of stairs going up. It didn't take him long to find Ryou's room. He had been paying very good attention when Karasu led him down.
Kurama opened the door a bit and looked in. He saw Ryou in his bed tucked in and was sleeping soundly. Even though Kurama didn't want to wake Ryou up, he knew he needed to. He couldn't take the chance of losing this opportunity. So he paced over to Ryou's bedside quietly and sat down on the bed. He slowly shook Ryou's shoulder in an attempt to wake him.
Ryou stirred a bit. Then slowly but surely, his eyes fluttered open. Ryou's eyes widened when he saw Kurama. A wave of cheerfulness passed on his face as he threw his arms around Kurama in a way that a young boy would. Kurama also wrapped his arms around Ryou. The hug lasted about five minuets and neither of them said a word. Then Ryou let go first.
“Kurama! W-where were you yesterday? I didn't see you at all…or the night before that,”
Guilt seized Kurama. IT was true. He had left Ryou alone for almost two days without saying anything. And he knew how Ryou was. Ryou was always very timid, but he was also very lonely. It wasn't fair to Ryou that he left without saying anything.
“I'm sorry. I guess I lost track of time. But don't worry, I didn't go far,” Said Kurama with a smile.
“Haha, that's good,” said Ryou with a smile and bright eyes.
 
Meanwhile with Hiei:
 
“Where the hell is Kurama!” Yelled Hiei in his head.
He had been looking all over the Demon World for two days straight and still no sign. It seemed that he just disappeared. And it was so…well…unlike Kurama to do such a thing. He was usually the person who told everyone that they should stay together, and he was the first one to leave! But Hiei really couldn't blame him, if the reason he left was to get away from Kuwabara. But he knew it wasn't. It was something else and he was going to find out what.
Hiei walked a little farther into the forest, but then stopped. He heard something. It sounded like…like…laughter? Hiei stopped and looked towards the direction it was coming from. It sounded vaguely familiar…but who could it be?
Hiei started walking towards the sounds. The laughing soon stopped and was replaced by voices. One voice was had a strong Irish accent and the other was more like his own. Soon he came to a small clearing. It was a bit messed up on account that quite a few trees had been knocked down. He looked up and saw two people sitting on a large branch.
“I don'ts understand why tha others wanted ta leave early. How can they all not think of this as fun!”
“Well…maybe not everyone likes to train for twenty-three hours a day, Jin,”
“Well why not? What else is there ta do round here, Touya?”
Touya sighed and relaxed against a tree. It was horrible to fight with Jin in an argument. He always ended up winning with his gibberish and non-sense. Then something caught Touya's eye. Hiei. At first he really didn't believe it, why would Hiei be in the Demon World. Didn't he have a job at the Spirit World with Koenma?
“Hiei?” Said Touya in confusion.
“Hey! Hey! Lookie there! It's old Hiei! Haven't seen him in a while, I can sure as be say that!” Said Jin while flying down to meet Hiei.
Touya jumped down off the high tree. He was curious of why Hiei would be in the Demon World. But he didn't mind really. Hiei was an excellent fighter, though he never did talk much. Hiei was just as glad to see them, but he didn't show it. He never really showed any of his emotions.
“Hey Hiei! What's cha doin in da Demon World?”
“Looking for a friend of mine, you could say,”
“Oh…is someone lost?” Asked Touya.
“In a way, yes. I can't find Kurama anywhere. He was kidnapped I guess, along with a friend of his. Did you guys see them?”
Jin suddenly froze. Hiei didn't know Kurama was with Karasu. He probably didn't even know Karasu was still living. Should he tell Hiei? If he did Hiei would go there and well…try to get Kurama back, and messing with a Lord of the Demon World wasn't really the best thing to do.
“No, sorry. I haven't seen him. Have you Jin?”
Touya looked up to Jin. Jin was nervously letting his eyes dart around and avoid Hiei's gaze. Should he tell? Or shouldn't he? Aww, he hated situations like this. He didn't want Hiei to get hurt and he really didn't want to have to lie to him.
“Nope! Na-ah. Not here. No sign of Kurama round these ways. Ya'll should just go back and go on, ya know? And….and….I got to go,”
Jin turned around but was stopped by Hiei, who, had a firm grasp on Jin's shirt. Jin slowly turned to look at Hiei and Touya. Touya looked the most confused.
“Don't lie! What kind of fool do you take me for?” Said Hiei harshly.
Jin turned around to see that Hiei had his katana aimed right for him. He also noted that his Jagan Eye was glowing. He knew what that meant. Hiei could read his thoughts with that. And that mean that he knew that Jin knew something. He had to tell or Hiei would certainly rip him to shreds, and that wasn't good. But he could tell Hiei where Kurama was because then he would go and get himself killed by Karasu and that wouldn't be good either. What was supposed to do?
“Hiei…I…I can't,”
“Jin! Speak now. I need to know,”
“But Hiei! You don't understand! Karasu would-,”
Jin stopped and bit his tough and shut his eyes tightly and groaned. He had already said way too much. And Hiei looked very confused when he said that name. Hiei had no idea about Karasu and Kurama. But the look of confusion was soon replaced by a look of anger. Hiei was going to get this out of Jin if it was the last thing he was going to do.
“Karasu? Karasu's dead, Jin. He died during the Tournament. Weren't you there?”
“Yes, Hiei. But…he's sort of not dead. He's very much alive. And he…he had Kurama,” said Jin while wincing a bit.
“What?!”
Hiei just couldn't believe this. Karasu was dead and he saw him die. He saw the life drained out of him. How could this be? There was no way to tell at the moment. He knew that Jin often enjoyed joking around, but for some reason he knew he wasn't joking. He just didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to think of what Karasu would be doing to Kurama. Kurama was tough, but he could only handle so much in his human form, and there wasn't really much of a chance that he was in Youko form. If he was, he would have already beaten Karasu.
“Touya…is this true?” Asked Hiei while turning to the ice master.
“I'm sorry, but yes. Yes, it's true. Karasu is alive and it's worst. He…he is a Lord of the Demon World,”
Hiei stood there, shocked in confused. As if it wasn't bad enough that Karasu was alive, now he has to also find out that he is a Lord of the Demon World. That meant Karasu was one of the strongest beings in the Demon World, of not all Worlds put together. How was he going to help Kurama now?
 
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the reviews Yugiohfreak5000 and Shadowedsoul and Goddess_writer625!
And thanks for reading! ^_^