Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Yomi and Bakura? ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 41: Yomi and Bakura?
 
“Now…I've come here to tell you something, Ryou,”
Ryou looked confused for a moment. Kurama went from happy to serious in almost a second flat. He had a feeling he didn't want to know what Kurama had to say. Ryou knew Kurama had been meaning to tell him something for quite a while, but never really could. Things always got in the way every time he got close to saying anything.
“Yes?”
“Those dreams you've been having,”
Ryou nodded. He remembered the dreams all too well. He had them almost every night. But he did not have them last night. He could definitely consider that a good thing. It's not that he didn't like having them; it was just…he was confused. And some of them scared him in ways. Ways he didn't like.
“What about them?”
“Well…Ryou. Those dreams…they're-,”
Suddenly a bright light filled the room! Ryou let out a small gasp. He knew what it was, his Yami. But why would his Yami come out? The next thing Ryou noticed was even stranger. His Yami wasn't a see through spirit anymore, no; he had a body of his own! How could that be? He could only survive with Ryou's body.
“Y-Yami!”
“Shush Hikari. And go to your soul room this instant,”
“But Yami, what's going on? How'd you-,”
“Now! Don't ask questions or I'll make sure you'll never dare to question me again,”
Ryou gave his Yami a forlorn look. But he gave a nod and slowly his soul left. But Bakura didn't take over that body. Ryou's body just fell limp on the bed. His eyes slowly closed and he took one last breath. Kurama looked at the body in confusion, then anger soon passed through him.
“What do you want?” Asked Kurama harshly.
“I? Want do I want? Well, Heh. It's very simple, perhaps you'll be able to comprehend it,”
“Go on…” growled Kurama. He could feel his Youko self-coming through. It took all he had to contain it.
“Stay away from Ryou. He doesn't need to know about his past, and he won't. I don't allow it,”
Right after Bakura said this he stepped protectively in front of Ryou's motionless body. Kurama was a bit shocked. Why was the spirit of the Ring doing this? Why? Did he also have a past with Ryou? No, no, he couldn't have, could he? But Kurama had a past with him, right?
“Telling him his past might hurt him, ever think of that? Him finding out that he's been living a life without a true and real past that he knew?”
“Why should you care now? After you've hurt him all his life? Don't think I don't know about how you treat him! I know how you play mind games with him! How you control him and just leave him when you're done using him! Why should you care, Bakura?”
“Because…he belongs to me, you fool! I won't have you feeding his mind such words. Now, if you are smart, you will leave him be!”
“Why do you need him if you have your own body now? You don't care for him,”
Right after Kurama said those words something shot through Bakura. You don't even care for him. Guilt maybe? It was true, sometimes Bakura would harshly neglect Ryou, but that never meant that he didn't care for him, did it? That sentence echoed in Bakura's mind over and over. He didn't know what to say. What could he say?
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Bakura slowly started to disappear. Kurama's eyes widened when he saw this. Bakura was just a solid person and now he was disappearing into thin air. Could he do that on will? That may lead to quite a few problems. As Bakura was disappearing Kurama heard something that sounded like “You haven't seen the last of me,” followed by a dark chuckle.
 
Somewhere else**********************************************************
 
Bakura slowly rematerialized. He looked around and saw that he was in some sort of forest. But he could see a clearing up ahead, a rather large one at that. It looked like a very large building was there. So Bakura walked a little ways to the clearing. To his great surprise he did see an enormous building. It was like Karasu's, but different in a few ways.
This turn of events made Bakura a bit upset. He was hoping to find himself somewhere outside Karasu's castle, not this one! Bakura let out a growl and started walking across the lawn. He looked at the ground and bit his lip. How was he going to stop Kurama without even being there?
*-*Smack! *-*
Suddenly he hit someone who was in front of him. This didn't help anything. Bakura was mad enough. He didn't need this. It took all he had to stop himself from lashing out furiously.
“Watch it, fool!” He yelled furiously while not turning around to see whom he'd just hit into.
All of a sudden Bakura felt someone grab the scruff of his collar. He let out an unwanted gasp when he was roughly pulled backwards. He silently cursed himself for reacting in a surprised manor. But he knew one thing. He was going to kill or decapitate who ever dared to catch him in such a mood. He turned around quickly and looked at the person head on.
“What do you want, mortal!?” He yelled with closed eyes in frustration and anger.
“Mortal? Excuse me, but you must be confused,”
Bakura opened his eyes to a tall man with long black hair and…six ears? What the heck? What was going on? Then it hit him. He was probably a demon. He had to remember that this is the world he is now in, The Demon World. He has to expect to see things like these. But no matter, he was in his way.
Bakura started onward again after giving the man a puzzled look. But was stopped again by the man. This time he deliberately grabbed his arms and pulled him back. Now he was really getting Bakura livid. This time Bakura couldn't control himself he turned around and gave the demon a hard a rough shove.
“I said back off!”
Bakura then heard the demon let out a chuckle. He felt a hand on his chin that forced him to look upwards. Bakura really didn't like this now. He felt the power of the man growing fericely. But the power soon went away when the demon got a good look at Bakura. Bakura seized this opportunity and broke away from the demon's grasp. He then thought fast and pulled a card from his pocket. He flashed the card towards himself and smiled. He looked at his now foe to see that he was watching Bakura with amusement. Bakura also smile, he had no clue of what he was capable of.
“I summon Curse of Dragon!” Yelled Bakura as the demon appeared in front of him.
The demon looked very impressed at what Bakura had just done. Bakura closed his eyes and grinned. He would show this demon whose boss. But to his dismay, when he opened his eyes he had just enough time to see his dragon get torn to shreds. Bakura mentally swore a large number of times. Then he felt a strong pain out of nowhere in his ankle. He tried to bare the pain, but the more he did the more it hurt. So he eventually knelt down with pain.
“You aren't quite clear of who I am, are you?”
“Like I care…”
“You should. For your knowledge, I'm Lord Yomi. One of the Lords of the Demon World, and if you were wise, you would not fight. But I see you are still young, and the young are foolish,”
“Shut up. I'm twenty times your age, for your knowledge,”
“Oh really? Are you a demon?”
“No, but that doesn't matter,”
“Doesn't matter? Humans can't live for more then one hundred years, one hundred and ten being tops. And I assure you, I am much older then that,”
“Well, I don't care. I'm not a human either. I'm a spirit…or I was, but I have taken my own body for now. And so what if you're older, it just means you're losing your senses faster, and it shows quite a bit,” said Bakura with a smirk.
“Well, you know what? I think you're very beautiful and should watch what you say around me because of that. With my mind going and all I might just forget myself” grinned Yomi.
It took Bakura a while to understand this. But when he did he felt like throwing up. It has been Centuries since the last time he heard a comment like that and he did not welcome it very much.
Bakura growled and got up. He felt the pain in his ankle and sank back down to the ground in pain. He moaned slightly and closed his eyes. He was so ashamed. To show weakness to his new found foe was the worst thing that could happen to him. He felt Yomi approach him slowly and knell down to him.
“Aww, does it hurt? By the way, you never told your name yet,”
“And you don't need to know. Get away, now!”
“Never. You're hurt. Come on. How about I fix your ankle up? I'll make it all better, I swear,” smiled Yomi.
Bakura opened his eyes to reveal a blaze of hatred in them. He took a look at Yomi, who, was grinning with pleasure of seeing Bakura like this. Bakura couldn't take it anymore. He used all the strength he had and socked him hard in the face. Yomi winced with some slight pain. Bakura used the rest of his energy to get up and run. He ran as fast as he could, but soon felt Yomi come up behind him and grab him roughly around the waist. Bakura fell onto the ground with a `bang.' He looked up and saw Yomi towering above him. Bakura made another low growl.
“I insist that you let me help you,”
Bakura knew he could do nothing. He had a hurt ankle so he couldn't run. Even if his ankle weren't hurt, he still wouldn't be able to move from the lack of energy that had. It felt like he had just ran around the Great Pyramid twelve times over. He felt Yomi pick him up and start bringing him somewhere. In a futile attempt to break free he tried to kick Yomi, but Yomi ended up catching his foot before. He suddenly fell into a deep unwanted sleep. Bakura could only imagine what could happen next…
 
A Few Hours Later********************************************************
 
Bakura started to twitch a bit in his sleep. He felt something warm on him, warm and soft. Slowly his eyes started to open. At first his sight was a little blurry, but soon it all started to clear up. The first thing he noticed was that he was in a bed that was completely made of fine silk, no wonder it felt so warm. Then he looked around the room he was in. The room had while walls and a few windows to it. There were other things in the room, but frankly he didn't care. He wanted out, and he wanted it now. But right when he tried to stand on the floor his ankle started to throb with pain. He lifted his leg up and pulled up his pants leg. To his surprise he saw that his foot was bandaged up nicely. Could Yomi have done this?
Suddenly the door opened. Yomi walked in slowly and pulled a chair up to the bed and sat down without saying anything. He looked into Bakura's dark brown eyes. But Bakura refused to return his gaze. He, instead, stared down into the silk blanket. But then after a few moments Yomi broke the silence.
“You still haven't told me your name,”
“Why the heck do you need to know?”
“Because…I want to,”
“Bakura. My name's Bakura! Happy!?”
“Why yes. Yes I am, Bakura,”
“Now let me leave,”
“No, not yet, Bakura. You aren't even close to being healed. I'm afraid you are going to be with me for quite some time,”
“And I'm afraid I'm not,”
“Oh yes you are. And if you are smart then you will not disobey me, understand?”
“No…”
“Oh and why not?”
“Because, I think it is you who does not understand. I am not staying here. I've got many other important issues to handle and this is not the time,”
“Oh issues? Such as…?”
“Not of your business!”
“Hush now. Don't be so rude. If it makes you feel any better, you are the first mortal I chosen to take,”
“Take? What do you mean take?” Said Bakura while narrowing his eyes.
“You'll find out soon enough,” chuckled Yomi. “But for now I order you to sleep,”
“Whatever…” mumbled Bakura as he turned over on his side.
“Very good. Now, I'm going to be leave for a while. Be a good boy while I'm gone,”
“Just shut up and leave already,”
Yomi grinned at Bakura before getting out of his chair. Bakura gave Yomi the coldest glare he could. He didn't know why this demon wanted him, and he sure didn't like it. He really did not like Yomi or the way he was acting. But Yomi sure liked him. He was exactly what he was looking for, someone who was tough, yet beautifully mysterious and graceful. But he also could tell that deep inside he hurt terribly. What the reason is, Yomi did not know, but he was going to find out.
So Yomi left the room. Bakura laid in the bed and stared at the ceiling. What was he going to do now? So far he knew he was against someone who was stronger then him… much stronger. But Bakura knew that strength was not everything. He had survived much toil in Egypt when he was just a mere child, and he was certainly not the strongest. He knew he could outsmart Yomi, but how? He let his eyes wander around the room until he came to a small window. Good.
He slowly got out of the bed. He tried his best to ignore the pain that surged through his ankle; he would just have to bare it. Then after a few minuets of painful walking he made it to the window. The window looked a bit bigger now that he was right next to it. It was just his size. Then Bakura started playing with the lock on the window. It was a very simple lock to open. Yes, it was locked, but was crudely done. Bakura once again had the upper hand; Yomi didn't know that he was a tomb robber. So he opened the window and climbed out. He was very glad that the window was close to the ground, otherwise it would have caused a bit of trouble. Everything now could cause a bit of trouble. He had to watch out that Ryou does not hear of his past. That could ruin everything…
 
 
Thank you for the reviews Goddess_writer625, Velox Kit Fox, and Drof!
And Thanks for reading! ^_^
 
(Oh yeah, I guess I did number the last chapter wrong…er…ops. Haha, sorry!)