Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Decisions ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 42: Decisions
 
The door slowly opened. Kurama was still in deep confusion of what he had just witnessed and didn't notice Karasu walk in. He didn't even notice Karasu sit down next to him and put his arm around him. But Karasu soon woke him out of it.
“What's wrong, darling? Why are you so quiet? And…what's wrong with little Ryou? He looks a bit…er…tired,”
Then Kurama's attention snapped towards Ryou. He still hadn't moved yet. Even though his Yami was gone! Kurama quickly got up and looked at Ryou. To his relief he saw that Ryou was breathing. So that meant he was probably just asleep, he hoped. So to find out he patted Ryou on the shoulder. Ryou moved a bit, but then went back into his deep sleep.
“He's just asleep,” sighed Kurama with relief.
“Uh huh. So what happened in here?”
“What are you talking about? Nothing happened at all,” lied Kurama.
“Oh you know that's not true and I know its not true, so tell me the truth. Don't think I didn't feel the strong energies coming from this room,”
“Well…Ryou's Yami came out and…well…he wasn't happy, you could say,”
“I guess not. Anyways, why don't you come down and eat with me? I have something to talk to you about,”
Kurama thought for a moment. What would Karasu want to talk to him about? Maybe it was something about Ryou. Maybe something was wrong with him! But Kurama quickly pushed these thoughts out of his head. He really had to stop worrying about Ryou like that. But the truth was, he couldn't. Even in his Youko years he had always worried about little Ryou. Always wondering where he was, how he is, if he's hurt, whom he's with, the list never stops. Then he felt something stroke his shoulder.
“Are you coming, love? We can't stay here all day,”
Kurama quickly nodded and started following Karasu down the hall. Karasu led him down a few twisted halls and winding staircases to the dining room. Kurama enter and Karasu pulled out a chair for him. Kurama rolled his eyes, but sat down without saying anything. Once again two plates appeared on the hard wood of the table. This time it was a salad, but Kurama had no objections. He loved that, and it looked very good.
“What did you want to tell me, Karasu?”
“Well…I've gotten word of something this morning,”
Kurama took a large bite of salad and looked at Karasu. “Word of what?”
“It so happens that one of your friends has come in search of you, itooshi. Can you guess who?”
One name appeared in Kurama's head. Hiei. He was the only person who would go out into the Demon World alone. If Yusuke would go he would bring Kuwabara. And if Kuwabara were to go he would bring Yusuke. So that left Hiei.
“Hiei,” said Kurama in a bare whisper.
“Yes, you are correct, my fox. Hiei has come in search of you. And he's coming right this way. What do you suggest I do?”
 
With Bakura*************************************************************
 
Bakura landed on the ground with a soft `thump.' His ankle didn't hurt as bad anymore. It went away with time. There was now only a dull throbbing pain, and he could just ignore that. It didn't hurt that bad. But now he was curious. Where did Yomi go? And why the heck did he want him? Well, hopefully time would answer all.
Bakura looked around the large yard to see if there was anyone watching. After being satisfied that he was alone he set off towards the gates. It looked easy enough to get out. It wasn't even that high, a good size to climb over. And Bakura was could climb well. He had also done a lot of that in Egypt.
When he got to the gate he went to climb up it. But as soon as his hand touched the cold steel he withdrew it. It gave him some sort of a shock, and it didn't feel too nice. Bakura rubbed his hand and bit his lip. How was he going to get out now? And why would he put a ward to keep people in?
“What the heck?! Why did he put a ward on this side?! How mental is he?” Shouted Bakura loudly.
Suddenly Bakura something grab him roughly from behind. He was thrown down to the ground harshly. He opened his eyes to see a blurry outline of something. It was short and wearing armor, and was rather ugly.
“What the heck…?” Thought Bakura.
“What business do you have on Lord Yomi's grounds,” He said gruffly.
“You ask him! I'm not going to, that's for sure! Now, if you will, let me out this instant!”
“I'm sorry, but you need to come with me. Now get up and don't waste time or you'll be punished,”
“Make me, why don't you, you fool!”
Suddenly his whole body went completely numb. He fell back on the ground painfully again. He felt someone grab hold of his feet and start dragging him back towards the castle. He groaned in protest, but could do no other action. He couldn't even talk because even his mouth go numb. Soon they came to the doors of the building and they opened slowly as Bakura was dragged onto the marble floor. Then he came to a door leading downwards. Bakura didn't like the look of the stairs that much. But the small demon dragging him didn't seem to care, frankly. He continued down the stairs. Bakura's head painfully hit every one of the stairs. He was going to have a very large headache after this. But finally it ended. Bakura was then dragged on a hard stony floor. Then after a few moments he felt the demon let his feet drop to the floor. Bakura stared blankly at the ceiling. Then heard the demon going back up the stairs.
“Hey! What the heck am I supposed to do down here!?”
“Lord Yomi will be down as soon as he can to serve you you're punishment, but for now he is gone and you will have to wait,”
Bakura fought back his rage with effort. But he could not hold back a few unpleasant words. He really hated this. He hated having no control over what was happening. He had to get out of here.
Hours went by slowly. Bakura spent his time looking around the room he was in. It was large, made of hard stone, and there were shackles on the walls. It was pretty obvious that he was in a dungeon, how fun. He hadn't been in one of these in a long time. After a few more minuets of staring at the ceiling he heard the door at the top of the stairs open. He then heard slow footsteps coming down the stairs. He tried his best to look at who it was, but to no success. Soon the person was at the bottom of the stairs, Bakura heard a familiar chuckling, now he knew who it was. Yomi.
“Looks like you didn't listen. That's a very bad boy, Bakura,”
Bakura narrowed his eyes as Yomi approached him. He knelt down next to Bakura and took out some kind out plant from a small leather pouch. He then pried Bakura's mouth open and shoved it into his mouth and forced him to swallow. Bakura put up a fight, but loss. Once he had swallowed the plant all the numbness went away. He could feel everything, even the pain in his head, unfortunately.
“I thought I locked that window,” Laughed Yomi.
“Yes, crudely anyways. You think I cannot unlock one of those? Any fool could,”
“Yes, any fool who knows how to pick locks. Where have you learned?”
“I taught myself. I'm a tomb robber, for your information. The King of Thieves I was called and still am,”
“Taught yourself? That's impressive. Now, you're a King of Thieves? Where do you come from?”
“Not here, and not at this time, but I still consider myself the same,”
“Really? How about we go have a talk, I'd like to know more about you,” said Yomi with a grin.
“Whatever…”
Yomi walked over and picked Bakura up off the floor as if he was nothing. In protest, Bakura kicked and shoved to get off him, but to no use. After Bakura stopped, Yomi started up the stairs. They walked for about fifteen minuets. Yomi walked through many winding halls and staircases, until finally he stopped at a door and opened it. Bakura knew the room looked familiar. It was the same room he had found himself in before. Yomi sat him down on the bed and sat next to him.
“So tell me, where exactly do you come from? If you are not purely human or demon,”
“I'm a spirit! I've just taken the body of a mortal. The body of myself when I was a mortal,”
“Oh, so you were a mortal?”
“Oh course. And where I came from is none of your business, but if you need to know, I'm from ancient Egypt. There I was a tomb robber, known as the King of Thieves. I raided every pyramid at least twice, no one could stop me, and they probably wouldn't be able to today,”
“That's very interesting. I guess we have a bit in common,”
“What? Don't tell me you're from there, too,”
“No, no. I was also a thief, but no longer,”
“Then we don't have something in common. I still am,”
“No you are not. As long as you are here, you are not,”
“Well, I'm not staying here any longer, anyways,” said Bakura while getting up.
“Yes you are,”
“No, I'm not. You said until I've healed and I am,”
“Well, it looks like I've changed my mind,”
“You can't do that, you fool. I'm leaving now, and you can't stop me,”
Bakura got up and head towards the door. He didn't sense Yomi come up behind him. Yomi grabbed him around the waist and pulled him back onto the bed. But this time he lifted the blankets and laid Bakura on the bed and tucked him in roughly.
“Get off of me,” growled Bakura when his mind registered what was going on.
“Fine,” said Yomi with a smile.
Bakura gave Yomi a cold glare as he got off him. Yomi just smiled at him. He was finding Bakura quite amusing. He had heard of him before. Bakura fit the legend of the desert thief perfectly. But the thief lived in another dimension. It so happens that he stumbled upon this dimension. But Yomi could have never guessed that he was this beautiful. He would give anything to see him kill, to use those knives in a graceful assault. He must see it, to see such a creature create pain and blood with people who aren't even worthy to see him. To watch the person who knew that blood was the reward of pain.
“Sleep tight, then,”
“What? You do know it's only 11:30 AM, don't you?”
“Nonsense, now stay here. I'll have someone change the lock on the windows so you don't get temped to leave again,”
“I'd like to see you try to find a lock that I can't get through,”
“Oh, I'll find something. Or I could always just keep you with me forever…”
“I vote for the first option,”
“I wasn't giving you a choice,” smiled Yomi.
Bakura glared at Yomi furiously. He needed to get out of here! It wouldn't be long until Ryou woke. He knew that Ryou always fell asleep after he went to his soul room. Even if he wanted to come back right away, he was too weak. But that was okay; he didn't need to be strong. He had his Yami. Ryou was the Hikari; he didn't need to be strong. He had Bakura for that. Bakura was there to protect Ryou from the cruelness of the harsh world that he lives in. And there was no way he was going to let some fox take over his job; Ryou was his, and his alone.
 
With Kurama and Karasu***************************************************
 
“I said what do you suggest I do, Kurama?” Repeated Karasu.
“I…I don't know. Let me go?” Asked Kurama hopefully.
“Nice try, but no. That wouldn't work at all. Perhaps I should do away with him?”
“No! Karasu! Something else…”
“What?”
“Compromise? Yes! Make a compromise. You're a ruler, you know a lot about that,”
“I don't want to share you, Kurama,”
“You won't be sharing me! Because he won't have me, and just to let you know, he never did. You're…you're just to protective of me, face it,”
“Yes…yes I am,” said Karasu as he suddenly disappeared out of his chair and reappeared behind Kurama's chair. “I am and I'll admit it. I'm scared and I worry for you all the time; you're so reckless. If anything was to happen to you…I don't know what I would do. I'm alone without you. Being a Lord of the Demon world isn't as good as it sounds, it's rather lonely,” finished Karasu sadly.
Kurama didn't know what to say. Karasu really did sound depressed. Almost like he needed Kurama in order to survive. Like he really dose love him. Like he would die without him. Kurama didn't know how to react to this.
“Karasu…”
“Yes, my love?”
“I don't know what to say…or do,”
“Then let me do it for you. Let me tell Hiei that you don't wish to go back,”
“No…I…I,”
“You're confused. It will all make sense in time. Now, I will leave now. I wish to be with this evening,”
“No! Wait, Karasu!”
But it was too late. Karasu had already disappeared. Kurama looked around franticly. Hoping that he had not yet left…but he had…he was going to Hiei.
 
 
Thanks for the review Volex Kit Fox! (alexis! ^_^)