Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Lost with Jin!? ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 43: Lost with JIN!?
 
Karasu walked through the forest swiftly with nothing but thoughts of his kitsune on his mind. He wanted you make this fast, he wanted to get back to Kurama as soon as he could. Yes, he knew it would take Kurama a while to see his things his way, but in time he would. Karasu knew one thing; he wasn't going to let anything take his fox away. Not Hiei, not anything…
 
With Hiei and Others******************************************************
 
“Jin, are you absolutely positive this is the right way? We've been walking for two days now,” Said a very angry Hiei.
“Uh…Yup! You bet! Just keep followin me and we'll all be there in no time! Heh…Heh…Old Jin knows where he's goin!” Said Jin nervously in his thick Irish accent.
“Jin…you don't know where we are…do you?” Asked Touya.
“Wha cha'll talkin `bout!? Ya'll crazy if ya think Jin can't make it though a wee forest like this!”
“Well Jin, my Jagan tells me you're lost…”
“I am not! I just got ta find…eh…someone to ask fo directions, course!”
“Jin! We are in the middle of NOWHERE! Where do you think we are going to find someone to ask for direc-SMACK!”
Suddenly Touya hit into a small cabin that was hidden partly with leaves and trees. It had a small chimney at the top with smoke flowing out. It was a wonder that no demon had ever seen it. But it was very well hidden in the forest. A person could walk by and not even notice it.
“Bingo! See? See? I told ya we'd find someone in da forest! But noo, ya don't believe Old Jin. Jin's just an old fool, ah? Na! I proved ya wrong! Now, let's have a look and see who lives in such a home,” said Jin as he flew over to the door.
Touya blinked for a moment in confusion and then looked up at the cabin. And then he looked at Jin, who, he knew would be talking about this all month. Touya would have to listen to everything Jin said or Jin would bring up this event, over and over again! Touya bit his lip and groaned. Hiei noticed Touya's despair and knew what he was thinking. He let out a chuckle and gave Touya a bit of a smile. Touya gave a smile back, he wondered if Hiei had to go through anything like this.
Jin knocked roughly on the door. And waited a moment. No one came.
“Hello? Hello!? Any one in there? Come out, come out where ever ye are! Don't ruin Jin now! I'm just starting to be right!” Begged Jin at the door while desperately banging on it.
“Jin, they aren't home. Come on, no one lives here, probably. Let's just-,”
“No! I ain't leavin `til they open the door!”
“Jin,” sighed Hiei. “No ones there. It's probably been abandoned for year. Come-,”
Suddenly the door started to crack open. Jin's ears perked up with excitement when he heard this. He turned around swiftly, almost making the others fall to the ground because he summoned quite a bit of wind at the moment. Jin had a tendency to be oblivious of how much wind he makes.
“Hello? Who do we have here?” Said an elderly man.
They had no idea that this was the same demon that Kurama had met while he was in the forest, but how could they? Jin, for one, broke out into a large grin that revealed his white fangs. Jin and Touya just stood there and watched Jin. Knowing he would now talk about this forever. And forever is a long times when it comes to spending it with Jin.
“Hey! See? Again! I told you someone was here! But you didn't listen to me! Ha-ah! Now…eh…what's did we come here ta ask anyways?” Said a confused Jin while Hiei and Touya sighed.
“Directions, Jin. Directions,” Sighed Touya.
“Oh yes! By any chance, do ya know where Karasu's castle is? We are sort of…er…misplaced,”
“Oh yes. Karasu. Come in, come in. I will tell you,”
The old man stepped out of the way of the door, allowing them to enter. Jin started to happily walk in, but was stopped when both Touya and Hiei grabbed his arms. Jin kept walking, not knowing that they stopped him. The old man let out a chuckle at the sight.
“Heh, Heh, funny one, aren't you? What might your name be?”
Jin opened his eyes and looked at the man, but then noticed that he was still in the path of the door and hadn't moved. He looked around confused for a while. Then he noticed Touya and Hiei holding him.
“Hey! That's not funny, guys! I…oh, my name? Me name be Jin! Jin the Wind master, as they call me!”
“Jin? That's a pretty name. Now why don't you come in?”
“C'mon guys! Let's go!”
“Jin, we don't know that demon, and-,”
“That's okay! Ya don't need ta with Old Jin, now come on! It's not right to keep your elders waitin like this!”
Both Hiei and Touya sighed and followed Jin in. There was no stopping him now. Once they were in they all sat down on a couch. Touya and Hiei stared blankly ahead trying to make heads-or-tails of what was going on. Jin seemed to be perfectly at home. He was sitting up straight and smiling happily.
“So which way is Karasu's castle from here?”
“Not far. About a half a mile north from here,”
“That's it? That's not far at all. We could get there in five minuets! Let's go now,”
“Aww, do we have to? We've been walkin' all day and I'm tired,” Said Jin with a yawn.
“Jin! It's just five minuets away! Come on. Besides, what do you want to do? Sleep on the grounds of the forest?”
“Sure! It'll remind me of back in the day of me homeland! Heh, good times, good time,”
“Nonsense, nonsense. You are welcome to stay with me, Jin,” spoke up the elderly demon.
“Wha? Really? No kiddin `round? I'd love to! I'm wiped from all the training Touya an' me did today! Old people are so kind! I'm gonna visit you every day!”
“I look forward to it,” smiled the old demon.
“Jin! Come on! You're not staying here!” Said Touya.
“Nah! I wanna stay! Ya can't make me leave!” said Jin while sitting down stubbornly on the floor.
Suddenly Jin felt both Hiei and Touya grab his feet and start dragging him towards the door.
“Hey! Hey! That's not fair! Let go of me! Ohhh…you guys, ruinin all the fun,”
Hiei and Touya thanked the old man for his kindness and then started to leave. But they were stopped by the old man at the door.
“Why do you want to go to Karasu's place anyways?”
“Well…a certain friend of mine is there and I've come to get him,”
“Pretty little redhead?”
“Uhh, well I really don't consider him pretty, but you can probably consider him attractive. And yes he does have red hair…why do you ask? Have you seen him?”
“Why yes! Yes I have! Little cutie, he is. Please tell him Moshe said hi, and if he was to ever get lost again he should feel free to wander over here,”
“Uh…yeah. I'll do that,” said Hiei with uncertainty.
“Good. Now be on your way, you wouldn't want to be caught in this forest at night, some nasty demons out there. And as for you Jin, don't be afraid to come this way either.
“Oh, I will!” Said Jin while trying to fight out of Touya and Hiei's grip, but to not success.
They said a finial goodbye and then they started walking off into the direction that Moshe had pointed to. Well…er…Jin was dragged while Touya and Hiei dragged him. But they made it out. They let go of Jin after walking a few more minuets. Then they all came to a halt. Hiei stopped and looked straight ahead in the forest. He heard something…or someone. Then suddenly, a man walked out of the bushes slowly. But not just any man, Karasu.
“So…it's true. You are alive. Now tell me something…why didn't you do the world a favor and stay that way?”
“Because Hiei, I would miss my Kurama far too much,” Laughed Karasu. “You haven't changed a bit, Hiei,”
“Neither have you,”
“No…that is wrong. I have changed quite a bit. First of all, I'm now a lord of the Demon World. Second of all, I really do love Kurama. And last but certainly not lest, I have Kurama,”
“You do not. Kurama doesn't love you, he never will,”
“Hiei, Hiei, Hiei…Kurama has already agreed to stay with me. He doesn't want to go back, and do you know why? Because he is starting to have feelings for me as well,”
“You're lying! He does not!”
“Hiei, are you mad because you love him too?”
Hiei stood there not knowing what to stay. Did Karasu really think that he loved Kurama in such a way? Why was everyone saying that?! It is now starting to become annoying. Hiei glanced towards Touya and Jin, who, were staring at Hiei with questioning looks. Touya looked a bit disheartened too.
“No. I do not love Kurama, certainly not in the way you do. I value Kurama as a part of my team and a friend…that is all,” Right after Hiei said this the disheartened look lifted from Touya's face. This action made Hiei wonder a bit.
“Oh really?”
“Yes. And I don't believe he really does want to stay with you. I would like to talk to Kurama, until then, I am unsatisfied,”
“Very well…but I insist that try not to get angry at Kurama for his decision. There is a lot of pressure on him and…I don't want that to hurt him. So if you will, keep your rude comments to yourself,”
“Hn,”
“Good, now follow me,” said Karasu while gesturing them to follow.
Hiei was the first to start walking. He followed Karasu through the thick trees for a while, but soon a clear path appeared out of nowhere. Jin and Touya were a little confused at this, but Hiei showed no emotion. He didn't want to show any sign of emotion at all.
Soon they came to the gates of the fortress. Karasu easily opened the lock and led them him. Hiei looked around the grounds. They looked quite nice. It looked like a scene that Kurama would very much enjoy. It was full of plants and flowers and looked so free and beautiful…just like Kurama. Kurama was free and beautiful.
“Hiei!”
Hiei shot out of his deep thought and looked up. He saw Kurama standing there with wide eyes. He stared at Hiei as if he hadn't seen him in years. Hiei almost let a smile graze his lips, but then he looked to Karasu. How could Kurama and Karasu ever be together? They were so different. Karasu was cruel and nasty, he killed the things he loved, for gosh sake! Then there was Kurama. Kurama was kind and gentle, a free spirit. It would never work would it?
“Kurama…what's going on?” said Hiei as he approached Kurama.
“I…I don't know,” said Kurama while looking at Karasu.
“Do you want me to explain it, itooshi?”
“No, no. That's okay. I'll do my best at it. Well…let's see. You know Ryou, Hiei. He had to spend time in the Demon World so I guess I after a number of events I ended up here…I guess,”
“You guess? You guess?!” Shouted Hiei while grabbing roughly grabbing Kurama's shirt and pulling him down to his level. “You're going to have to do better then that, fox!”
Suddenly Hiei went numb all over. He let go of Kurama slowly. He felt Karasu start walking up behind him. This wasn't good. Hiei tried his best to turn around, but couldn't. He had forgotten the power of a Demon Lord. Then he felt Karasu grab hold of his wrists and pull him away from Kurama.
“I would strongly advise you not to become so rough with Kurama. You touch him again and I'll make you pay dearly, Hiei,”
Then Karasu let his control on Hiei fade. Hiei regained control of his body and turned towards Karasu. He didn't like this at all. Karasu had the upper hand, but who said they were going to fight?
“Kurama…let's go. You don't have to stay here,”
“Hiei…yes I do. I can't leave,”
“Yes you can! Now come on! You don't have to listen to Karasu,”
“That's not it. I have to stay for Ryou,”
“And who said I was going to even let him leave, Hiei?”
“He's coming with me, whether he likes it or not! I'm not letting him stay here with you because I know he'll regret it and I'm not going to let him make that mistake!”
“Well…I'm not letting him go. Kurama is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm not letting him leave for you or anybody else…”
“Fine! Kurama…who do you want to go with?”
Kurama looked at the ground quickly. He didn't want to have to face Hiei when he was like this. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't leave with Hiei because Ryou needed to stay and he couldn't stay with Karasu because Hiei would hate him. What could he do?
“Let's not bother Kurama with this, Hiei. How about we…have a fight? Who ever wins gets to take Kurama,”
“What!? No way! I'm not some prize to be won! I-,”
“Your on, Karasu!”
“Hiei!”
“Kurama…if you aren't going to use common sense then I'll do it for you,”
“Ok, let's make this fast. Let's do it right now and get it done with,”
“Sounds good to me…”
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
Thanks for the reviews!
And thanks for reading! ^_^
 
(I wrote this chapter while listening to “All Downhill From Here,” by New Found Glory! Yes! Haha, well, I'm thinking about rounding this story up in a few more chapters, tell me if you think I should continue!)